1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manicures

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Simple Thoughts, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Simple Thoughts

So I scheduled an appointment to get a manicure done tomorrow in the afternoon. This will be my first time ever getting one, and I really don't know much about what to expect. All I really know is that in January I managed to break my nail biting habit and ever since then my nails will get to a certain length before breaking at work, and I'm really tired of it because I want to experiment more with nail polish and stuff so I decided to finally try getting a manicure in the hopes that maybe it'll help with how they break all the time ^^"

Anyways...I think I just wanted to share that with someone so I posted it here. Please feel free to share your experiences with manicures I'd love to hear them since I don't really know what to expect. :3

2. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had my first one last year. Don't know if it will be the same but I had my nails soaked and they've nails shaped. To finish off I had a clear coat of varnish put on (because I was to scared the first-time to have a colour.

3. Simple Thoughts

I'm probably going to ask about doing color when I go. I do feel a little awkward about it, but I'm going to try bringing it up. Never hurts to ask anyways. lol

I just mainly want them to stop breaking all the time. That'd be a victory for me :3

4. Jessica Michael

Where do you get your nails done. I am looking for a transgender accepting salon in the same area as you.
    Thanks
    Jessica

5. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The bad thing was that it didn't take long for my nails to get chipped but that's mainly sector the work I do. When I had my second one in December I went for a red colour with gold glitter. Think there is a photo of them in my media on here.

6. Simple Thoughts

Oh well I actually need to update my info I don't live in Ohio anymore. I haven't for 3 years now. Sadly, that also means I can't be much help :c

7. Simple Thoughts

That sounds cool ^w^

I'm a fan of purple myself so if I get color done I'm probably asking about purple ^-^

8. Joelouis

Was just about to write about horse-shit but then realised the title was “Manicure” and not “Manure”.....

Anyhow, I’ve never had a manicure, though I do bite my nails very neatly.

9. Simple Thoughts

I used to be a really bad nail biter so I can relate to that.

I just got my nails done for the first time and they look super cute <3

10. DragonBoys

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to get manicures all the time starting from age 14 to either 20 or 21. They were fake nails made from an acrylic solution. They looked pretty cute, but if they ever broke, it was painful and quite expensive to get them fixed. Coupled with my inability to stop myself from picking at the real nail underneath of them, they were a hassle to keep up so I got them taken off for good for about four years now. It feels nice

11. Simple Thoughts

I didn't know that was even a thing.

They just filed my and shaped them a bit and then painted them for me. I got a nice and pretty purple done. The polish is starting to chip a little bit now though that it's been a few days. ^^"

12. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had my fingernails buffed once (by a friend). They were so shiny and smooth afterward that I couldn't stop marveling at them intermittently throughout the day. My straight friend recently had a manicure, so I suppose if I ever wanted to wander into a salon and have it done, I wouldn't have to hand in my man card!

13. Simple Thoughts

There's nothing wrong with a guy getting a manicure, at least I don't think so :3

I actually shaved my hands/arms today and I'm feeling pretty good now. If I could only drop some of my bellyfat I'd be in business lol