1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This might be tmi, but I've been practicing with an stp that I wasn't sure I liked, but I spoke too soon, and I actually really like this one.
    I've been practicing with it at home for the past few days/weeks, and I've been getting better at having no leakage. So I tried using it as I would if I were out in public and it went better than expected! There were no spills and everything was fine!

Verklighet, looking for me and Enea like this.
  2. Enea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just came home from a local event (there was a Linkin Park cover band playing near the place I live). I spent two hours singing, screaming and jumping around WHILE WEARING MY BINDER! Yes, you read it right: I wore my binder out of my home, and in a situation where there could potentially be a lot of people knowing me. At first I was so self conscious that I almost regretted doing it, but when they started playing I lost myself in the music and it felt the best thing I ever did. As a side note: because of all the screaming, my throat now is a bit sore, so tomorrow I'll probably have a lower than usual tone.. So yay! Double victory for me! XD

3. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok two things of note here. At skittles last week, due to me having dyed by hair red, a couple of my team mates suddenly remembered Jessica Rabbit which lead to me being called Jessica as I bowled. I decided to take the power away from them and accepted it as a nickname, changing my name on the board for Jessica. I planned to do the same this week but both players in question were away. I still went with the name though and will continue to use it for now. One because they may take the mickey still but they know I'm not going to bite to their taunts (which is meant as simple banter and not maliciously) and two, I kinda like it. It's not a name I would have thought of but I also think of it as a start of putting the idea out there.

But more importantly then this I have also just posted on my blog a piece talking about my trans issues and given I wanted to do something for pride month I finished by posting a photo of me at the end. This is something I thought I would never do. I know it's only a little step, as I only have a few followers and only one of them actually knows me, but it still feels like an important one in putting myself out there as well as accepting myself.

looking for me likes this.
  4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I mentioned that I was interviewed by an Atlantic Canada newspaper chain, well the piece came out yesterday and it's good. I'm really proud of myself for putting myself out there so the majority of people and those considering transition can know some of the costs of transition. that was the focus of the article.

5. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pushed myself a little bit more today. Went to buy a top I'd seen in Debenhams last week. Actually took it to a changing room to try on first. Ok I cheated a little by taking in a couple of men's t-shirts as well but still pleased with myself.

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Silently lurking and enjoying how much this thread is bringing people happiness. Keep on winning!

Enea, RogerM and looking for me like this.
  7. Flynn S

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had top surgery today! Feel like hell and the world still spins whever i turn my head. But hey! At least (when the swelling goes down) I'll have a flat chest!

Enea, Kodo, DreamerAsh and 4 others like this.
  8. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to do that, take a bunch mens clothes and hide a top or dress in among it. totally understandable, and congrats, you did it. Brava sister.

Bernice likes this.
  9. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well another small victory and a bit more support. My friend did one of those things on Facebook asking people to post their 19th photo in their camera roll onto her page. I made a comment about how I'm definitely not posted photo number 19 onto her Facebook page. Anyway after a bit of banter I PM the photo which is me in make up and wig. Her response was it wasn't that big a deal. Asked weather it made me feel myself or good to be dressed that way and to fuck everyone else and be happy so another positive result for coming out to someone.

10. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To add to the above I also sent a couple of photos to my friend/hairdresser to see what he thought as he is a drag artist. He said he was quite impressed with my first attempt. (the photos weren't a first attempt but I'll take the compliment. He also asked for my dress size so he can see if he had any old dresses for me.

11. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just sent an email to everyone at the voluntary organization I work with and asked them to refer to me by my preferred names and pronouns. I'm also out to all of my close friends and to my sister. Life has been so much happier since I started to socially transition. I can't believe it's been only six weeks.

looking for me and Bernice like this.
  12. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After months of trying different medications and making it through a particularly rough patch of depression... I think I've finally landed on meds that may be working for me. This week my symptoms have been almost nonexistant. The feeling I have right now - aside from a bit of a headache - is really good. I think I'm finally... finally... on the recovery end.

13. Nimmer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I finally got my head shaved. I don't look feminine. I don't look particularly masculine either. I look... somewhat otherworldy. And I like it! As an agender person, it definitely fits.

looking for me and Crisalide like this.
  14. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    got my first letter of support from one of my medical team to support me being transferred to the city on compassionate grounds. just waiting on the other two I requested. then to write my letter of request. whohooo.

RogerM likes this.
  15. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never thought I'd get this far. But I'm officially 6 months on T.

16. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Proud of you bud. you've fought hard to get here.

17. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More happy news - I have officially scheduled my top surgery for May 21, 2019.

18. DreamerAsh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just came out to a friend after asking her what she thought of trans folk. She said they're just people. And I told her I was trans. I was so happy to her say that! Most I meet either say they're not real men, or say something insulting like how it make them uncomfortable and so on. It's good to know officially all my friends are supportive!!

looking for me and Crisalide like this.
  19. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Had top surgery today and it still doesn't feel real. Came out of recovery and I was in no pain I was dubious as to whether it actually happened. I can feel those drains now I'm meant to be sleeping though. So damn thankful that it's finally happened.

20. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't posted in a long while, but I've got some nice news to finally share!

A few weeks ago I finally came out as trans to my siblings. They were amazingly accepting and both my sisters (I'm the oldest) thought it'd be cool to have another sister!

Things are (hopefully) turning around with my marriage too! It bottomed out with me asking for a divorce (after a year of basically being abandoned, some percieved cheating, lots of lies and a few other things. It's a long story...) around Memorial Day. My wife came around and has accepted that I'm trans and is willing to help and support me in whatever way she can. She seems to genuinely want to make the most of this second chance and put forth the amount of effort i put in before.

What also helped her, was she talked to another transwoman (one her exes..go figure lol) and she gave my wife some good advice, and it was the first time I've been referred to with female (and proper) pronouns! It felt super good! ^_^

I also have my first session with a therapist sceduled for August 9 that my wife took time off from work for, to take me there!