1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12 years of depression has destroyed me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LonelyEyesMark, Jul 8, 2018.

1. LonelyEyesMark

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have suffered from clinical depression for 12 years now and it has destroyed me. I don't have any motivation in life, no special talents, and my future looks bleak. I don't have many friends because I have Aspergers and struggle with socializing in general. I also don't have a girlfriend and I fear that my age (Almost 30), introversion, and lack of an alpha male physique make ever having one impossible. I can only achieve any sexual stimulus through masturbation and I have so many fantasies that will probably never be fulfilled. I wish I was never born if I knew my life would turn out the way it has. :frowning2:

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Markness.....I also suffered from depression for a long time. I know how terrible it can be when the self-hate overwhelms you. I am hoping that you are talking to a therapist, if not, please do it. A combination of a great therapist and the right medication has made a world of difference for me...it can for you to. You do.not.have. to live like this.
    ....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. LonelyEyesMark

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for replying. I technically do have a therapist but I've only had one appointment with him and I can't see him again until near the end of the month. I used to have a therapist for nearly 8 years but I lost her near the beginning of the year because the state refused to reimburse her for partly that reason.

What depresses me the most is that I have no love life and I fear I am doomed to be single for the rest of my life. I live in a rough culture that pressures men to suppress their emotions and become robotic iron pumping jerks or else you are "gay" or a "serial killer in waiting" despite how football jocks are more prone to violence than introverts are. I am not against standing up for yourself and staying in shape but I dislike bullying. Women in my area also seem to only like aggressive men and they never make the first move so unless I initiate courtship, which induces anxiety and fear in me, I am locked out of anything remotely romantic or sexual. I've actually masturbated until my skin bleeds quite a few times because I am deprived of intimacy.

#3 LonelyEyesMark, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  4. LonelyEyesMark

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like I am going from bad to worse. I can't even find enjoyment in my interests. :frowning2: I am pretty much just sitting on the couch.

5. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This sounds so much like me, that I'm am simply going to change a few things in your original post to describe me:

I have suffered from clinical depression for 10 years now and it has destroyed me. I don't have any motivation in life, no special talents, and my future looks bleak. I don't have many friends because I have Aspergers and struggle with socializing in general. I also don't have a girlfriend/boyfriend and I fear that my age (37), introversion, and lack of an alpha male physique make ever having one impossible. I can only achieve any sexual stimulus through masturbation and I have so many fantasies that will probably never be fulfilled.

I do suspect that your case might be slightly worse than mine, but I still suffer quite a bit. I've never been a big fan of doctors in general, with the exception of doctor visits related to a traffic accident I had last year, I have only seen a doctor one time in the past 12 years, but I have made the decision that I am going to see my doctor sometime in the next few weeks to talk to him about prescribing an anti-depressant.

6. LonelyEyesMark

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am short on time but I want to say that our struggles should be taken seriously.

7. LonelyEyesMark

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am going from bad to worse. I took a walk to see if it would clear my head but I felt even more depressed. :frowning2: I just hate how I am turning 30 and I still don't have a girlfriend nor will I get to celebrate my birthday with a special partner. I hate how an abusive jerk can have a girlfriend while I am told that I need to work on myself as if something is wrong with me and I am unfit for a relationship. :disappointed: