1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New cute member

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Cutetrans, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Cutetrans

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi every one

I'm a cute trans living in Qatar it's horrible to live in islamic state like Qatar as trans or gay I am afraid at night to go out my home and take a ride because of the secret service people and police like checkpoints in the steets if they catch me I will be jailed for months individually in a place I can't even see the sun or watching TV or even talk it's horrible and it happened to me before and they shaved my head's hair even with out my permission I know it's not legal but they say no law in here we are above law and I can't talk to attorny . There are no human right there in the jails. They don't treat gays with respect . espicially for LGBT

I want to see the LGBT are protected in State of Qatar

2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi im Jake welcome to EC I am Bi also

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cutetrans.....Hello and welcome to empty closets. The most important thing for you is your safety. Even though it will be hard, you must protect yourself. Keeping your true self hidden is difficult and it can cause a lot of problems for you, but the problems you'll have if you come out would be much worse. Hopefully, the time will come when you will be able to move somewhere where you can be you and be safe. I am glad that you have found us...I hope we can help by giving you a place to be yourself!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

#3 quebec, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  4. angiepanda

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I am Angiepanda, I am still questioning my sexuality, but I can tell you this. You should come to the U.S when you are older. If you are fearful living in your own country because you are related to the LGBT community, that is no way to live. I am telling you this because I might be lesbian, and I live in Freehold NJ, part of the U.S, and still have the fear of telling my dad that I might be who I think I am. My dad and his side of my family are Indian. I hope in Qatar, people can protect the LGBT. It is 2018, not 1965. Write me, if you want to correspond.

5. soofly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

my stepfather is from Palestine. knew him since I was 5 and I went to the Mosque and prayed etc. I'm Armenian, both my parents are but my mom took to Islam so I felt like I had to as well. They tried to marry me off to older guys sooooooooooo many times, hated it. I understand the fear you have. Just keep your head up. My mom is no longer with him and no longer "muslim" but I'm older so it wouldn't even matter now. Those countries are super old school and it has to be soooooo hard being yourself there. you can't get out of there?

6. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

Welcome to EC!

I unfortunately agree with @quebec your safety is paramount and if you are already on the radar of the police, I would strongly advice you do what you can to fit in your current country. That is something I hate advising because I am all for embracing one's sexuality or actual gender BUT in a country like Qatar you are better of passing as a man until you can secure your way out of the country.

Qatar is usually considered a pretty rich country so I would assume getting a visa out may not be as difficult as it could be for poorer country, is there anyway you could get a student visa to a European country or similar?

Good luck OP and sorry to hear about your struggles and hope the time comes when homophobia and transphobia is a thing of the past.

#6 Lin1, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  7. JamesMo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! I'm James. I'm new here too, and I am a pansexual trans Male. I don't have it as bad, but I also experience homophobia and transphobia. It hurts. I hope that we could maybe get to know each other, and become friends with our experiences.

8. ken867

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry that you're having to live in fear. Just know that you are not alone and that you will always have a home here. Being trans myself I find it difficult even with having a supportive community, I can't imagine what it must be like to live in a place where you are not supported. Much love to you and I hope your journey is safe and you find a place where you don't have to live in fear anymore.