I’m making progress...... But I still have work to do.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by anonmember, May 23, 2018.

1. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Both of my parents now believe it’s NOT a “phase” and that this is who I am. I even admitted to them that I am using this website and they are totally fine with me exploring homosexuality now. They don’t “scold” me like they did before. But I struggle with generalized anxiety disorder and I am now scared out of my mind that the whole school now knows my secret and I just haven’t been informed since I told 2 of my best friends, which I told them as well. I think about it every day and I basically can’t function anymore, to the point where I’ve been having panic attacks and everyone around me (including my friends at school) can tell how anxious I am, and I’m sure it’s very difficult for them to be around me now. I’ve been this way for the past couple of days and it’s very difficult for my parents to watch and they are very harsh towards me about it. I also take medication, and I’ve been missing my meds a lot lately due to the excess stress this is causing. They tell me that most of my friends probably won’t care, but that doesn’t give me much relief. I’ve basically done everything I can at this point, and I’m going to see my gay therapist tomorrow to tell him the whole story. Do any of you guys have any advice for me moving forward?

2. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am VERY bad at hiding my anxiety when I go through serious stages of anxiety, if you’ve seen my previous posts. I am worried that some of my friends will practically disown me. I know the 2 friends I told don’t care, but I have a bunch of other friends I hang out with sometimes who I’m worried might care.

3. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sure if the whole school knows then you'd know b/c someone would say something or by the way everyone acts around you. You should talk to your friends and find out and just tell them that you told them b/c of your friendship and trust them not to tell anyone

4. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m practically out of school now for the summer. I told my friends when on one of our summer hangout days. I am in contact with a bunch of my friends at school through Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook. It still could have spread through social media. It is much harder to figure out if anyone knows now since school’s out for the summer. I still want to hang out with my friends at some points during the summer, and them ignoring my texts could be a good indicator...... But it could just be that they’re busy as they’ve done that before out of being busy. But I’m going to my post-graduation senior party soon, and hearing gay slurs thrown at me while I’m there would be a pretty good indicator that my secret probably got out.