1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mirko, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It’s disheartening to see how bad alcoholism can be in the LGBTQ community.

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And who would have thought it figures?

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My grandmother is officially in the dying process. I just hope she holds out until my aunt from California gets here.

4. kkou

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Living in a country where homosexuality is persecuted (and legally prosecuted) has somehow made me want to have a gf even more. It's silly, and I wish I didn't feel this way, because it makes things more complicated. I wish I'd had the courage I have now when I lived in a more progressive country! My move was totally unexpected and was my first time moving in my life. I thought I more time to figure things out! And, of all places, I never imagined I'd move to where I am now. I should have asked out my crush while I had better chances! I'll see her this summer, but I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm not out to her or to my other friends back home, so it would all come as a shock to them. I just wish I had never moved! I feel like everything would be so much easier if I had stayed.

5. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quote of the day: "You can't hang out with gay millennials and not expect them to quote Mean Girls"--me

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's so fetch.

7. AndHeCried

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The worst kind of dream is when you're dreaming that you're getting ready for the day, and then you wake up and you're like shit, do I really have to go through this again??

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My father is 60 and knows every line from that movie. Hmmmm

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My grandmother is in her last hours, and I’ve decided I’m going to stay here until it’s over.

10. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry you're experiencing this. I think it's very mature and strong of you to spend her final time along side her, try to enjoy it, and let her know everything you need to say, because unfortunately this is all the time you've left with her. I hope she is at peace and passes comfortably and I hope you and your family are well. Best of wishes to you.

11. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Stop trying to make "fetch" happen. It's not going to happen.

12. Nachtmahr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m gay and a millennial but I have no clue what the hell ‘Mean Girls’ is and why I should be able to quote this :laughing:

13. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Friends have finally same day off for the first time and about to go have fun and you cant go coz you have work :cry: ... oh well go back to sleep :zzz:

14. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whatever, I'm getting cheese fries.

15. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today I'm incredibly happy because me and my best friend both successfully passed our final High school exam and we both got a very high score. Not sure how does it work elsewhere but here, these exams are the most important of all, basically these years at HS were all about preparing for these exams. Last few months were very stressful, but now I feel so free and happy that it's all over. I'm gonna buy a giant ice cream when I see one.

16. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She should go in the next 24 hours.

17. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on passing your exams! We have something like that in the U.S. too called the SAT and ACT tests. The scores people get on them determine whether they can go to a good university or not. Usually there's no big required test just to graduate from high school though (I don't think most people here would pass if there was honestly).

18. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's pouring rain here right now and some person left the top open on their convertible car in the parking lot. It's probably going to be overflowing with water by the time they realize their mistake. That's going to suck for them.

19. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! It's a big relief that it's over now.

These exams we have are called Maturita exams and they are pretty common in Central Europe. And they are compulsory to graduate the High school. If someone fails even just one part of them, they need to repeat that part again after few months. Until then they won't get the school leaving certificate and won't officially graduate. Usually the score doesn't matter much when it comes to choosing the university (for most of them you do their own entrance exam), it's only important to have this Maturita completed. The Maturita exams usually consist of smaller exams from 4-5 subjects (depends on the school), one of them is always the Czech language, the 2nd one either math or a foreign language (we can choose that, I had English for example, that's an easy one :grin:), and the rest is optional (so subjects like history, geography, chemistry, etc.). These exams are divided into a writing part and oral part. The oral part is usually considered the hard one, as for each subject, they are divided into usually 20 - 25 "questions". Each question is a branch of that subject, for example one biology question may be about the cell, another one about genetics, etc. And when you do this exam, you choose this question completely randomly. That's the tricky part. You'll get some time for preparation, only with a pencil and a paper and a bit of stuff for the question (like a picture of a cell), and then you'll have to speak about it for 15 minutes. And the examiner may ask you about the subject, if you are stuck, and gives you the mark. So basically it's also about the luck. Get a question you don't know much about, and you're in trouble. But also it forces us to study the subject broadly.

These exams are a bit different in specialized High schools though. But the base is very similar I think. Not sure if you have something like that in the US, but some High schools here may have a specialization, for example economics HS, industrial HS, and so on. Their leaving exams are more specialized for their branch.

20. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow - that sounds really hard. Students in your country must be a lot smarter than American students, because there's no way even half of American high school students would be able to pass a test like that based on what I saw in school. The oral part especially is totally unheard of in America. None of our tests have oral presentations in high school or university unless it's a speech class or something.

We do have specialized high schools in the U.S. called 'magnet schools' where everyone at the school came there to specialize in one area of academics but it's not as specific as one subject like economics. The most common ones are generalized science/math schools, and fine arts schools like acting/singing/dancing.

Our SAT and ACT tests for getting into university test on math/science/reading and grammar/writing but it doesn't get as specific as your test does having to learn broadly about all the subjects.

#5260 Destin, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018