1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by A girl, May 13, 2018.

1. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad you feel as though you are making progress, that is always awesome. I know it sounds really silly but sometimes saying these things out loud can help you get used to them. They can be really tricky at first but when you are alone at home saying out loud, I'm gay, or I like girls, or I'm not straight whichever feels most true for you, say it out loud to yourself every morning or whenever is most convenient. Also take a day and just say to yourself today I'm going to allow myself to be gay, to think gay thoughts, to admire women or enjoy my feelings for a girl. I know they don't sound much but they can really help.

A girl likes this.
  2. A girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think saying these things out loud sounds silly at all!
    I tried it a couple of weeks ago, looked at myself in the mirror and said that I might be bisexual or gay. It was so difficult at first, but after having done the same exercise a couple of days, it didn't feel that scary. The same thing happened when I "came out" to my diary about a month ago. It felt so scary to write that I had feelings for a girl, and that I might be gay, but now, my diary is like my best friend, and I tell it everything about how I feel. I really feel much more comfortable after I've started to accept things as they are.
    I will follow your advice and take a day or two where I allow myself to think gay thoughts and enjoy my feelings for the girl that I like. I think that this can really help me to accept myself and be more comfortable with my own feelings.
    Thank you so much for sharing these advices with me! I think they were great! :slight_smile:

sunsets67 and beenthrdonetht like this.
  3. mino458

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Your entire journey through this thread has been so inspiring and so similar to what I've been going through. Your courage to accept your feelings despite a lack of sexual experience is making me feel like I can also like girls without that experience and not be a fraud. Thanks for sharing that, it's made a real difference to me.

silverhalo and A girl like this.
  4. A girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw! I'm so happy the thread made a difference to you! :green_heart:
    I am also very grateful to all the people that have helped me. Becoming a member of EC is the best thing I've done in years!

mino458 likes this.
  5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like this is a heart warming thread. Even though it discusses struggles people are having, it's about bringing people together and helping each other.

A girl and mino458 like this.
  6. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there! First of all this is a great community. I joined only recently but I lurked for years trying to figure myself out. I still haven't figured everything out but I'm getting there. :slight_smile: Figuring things out is not instantaneous, I have definitely learned it is a gradual thing. Especially with all of the heteronormativity. Please feel free to stick around here. And message me if you want. I'd be happy to talk with someone figuring things out because honestly, I still am too.

A girl likes this.
  7. A girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is so true. I think it is great that that different people who have differnent stories can come together and help each other with things and struggles that they have in common. I haven't even been here for a week, but this thread has helped me so much! People are so kind, warm and understanding!

A week ago I was very confused and unappy, but now I am starting to see things clearer and accept them as they are. (I am still confused, but at least, I have started to let go of the thought that these feelings are only in my head, and that is great!) If you guys hadn't been here and replied to my posts, I don't know when I would have started to accept that I really like girls. I am so grateful to all of you! :green_heart:

silverhalo, mino458 and Love4Ever like this.