1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for help...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Unknown737, May 15, 2018.

1. Unknown737

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey to anyone who bothered to click on this. I am going to do my best to explain how I feel and such...

As of now, I am out to some of my friends as lesbian. Also, as of yesterday, I told one friend about me questioning my gender.

This questioning has only been going on for a little while. I started questioning because of some feeling in me. I don't really like following typical "societal expectations" that exist for women... I do not like dressing in a super feminine manner, although I am not super masculine either. I hate my breasts all the time and, honestly, wish I could bind but am too afraid to talk to my parents. I currently have longish hair that I don't mind but I think about cutting it a lot.

Maybe none of this makes any sense and it is all in my head, but I just don't feel right. And maybe it doesn't matter cause I don't think that I would change pronouns although I consider asking for "they/them"... I don't look like someone who could be agender (and I know that that doesn't matter, but felt like it needed to be said), but sometimes it feels that way.

I don't feel like a girl or a guy on most days.

Just looking for thoughts or other's experience because I am just confused and need help or advice. Thanks for reading this if you did.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's just stereotypes you don't like, there's plenty of people who are non-conforming. You could always try binding with sports bras (I recommend UnderArmour), or camisoles.

You don't have to look a certain way to be Non-Binary or Agender or anything else for that matter.
    Experiment with different labels if you feel that would help, dress how you want to dress, and if you feel ready, ask a close friend to try calling you by they/them pronouns.

Kodo likes this.