1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mirko, Feb 28, 2017.

1. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So they're apparently removing analog clocks from schools because kids can only read digital clocks. Between that, all these stupid tide pod and cinnimon challenges and other stupid shit kids are doing, we're raising a generation of idiots.

They say children are the future, if that's the case, I fear for the future.

2. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

One of my students during 6th period today asked me in front of the whole class, “Miss, are you straight?” She threw me for a huge loop, so I silently panicked and paused for what seemed like forever. 35 cute little freshman faces intently stared up at me, waiting eagerly for my response. I’ve never seen them so interested in all my life. It was so quiet, you could hear a pencil scratch on paper. I didn’t know what else to do, so then I nervously blurted out, “I’M EDUSEXUAL. I’M MARRIED TO TEACHING.” Oh my god. So smooth lol. It made for a good laugh, which diffused the situation at least, but talk about super awkward haha. I prefer not to come out to my students lol...my personal life stays out of the classroom. Plus, I would like to not get fired or shunned by my fellow teachers and the admins...people here are fairly conservative, and everything is super heteronormative. I do have a lot of LGBTQ+ students though (including the one who asked me the question), and some of my students know that I’m considering being the GSA advisor next school year, so maybe they already suspect. Well if they didn’t suspect before, I’m sure they do now haha. The kids don’t worry me though...it’s the other adults at school that I see as being somewhat prejudiced and not accepting. I don’t know though...as a teacher, is it considered okay for me to be out to my students?

#5202 Shoei Loei, May 15, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2018
  3. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if it's different for high school, but the adviser for one of my college clubs is a math teacher and is so flamboyantly gay he's practically a cartoon of himself. The administration doesn't seem to care so yea it's probably ok.

4. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The sky is currently golden and there's a double rainbow over my house. Thunderstorms are so intense but so beautiful.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel nostalgic.

6. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I seen my first LGBT flag on the back of a trailer driving into the city. Thought that was cool considering I’m in Alberta.

7. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I might be able to go to Pride in my city this year! I wanted to go previous years, but I always ended up working on the day it was. :gay_pride_flag:

8. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Seeing that flag after your sentence reminds me of one EC member David. He always put that at the end of his post and puts his name after, like a signature. just a thought :slight_smile:

9. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

The whole Yanny vs. Laurel thing cracks me up lol. My mom was so angry with me over it earlier today because she insisted that she heard Yanny every time, while I heard both Yanny and Laurel simultaneously, and I can choose to focus on either frequency to hear either one separately too. She got frustrated that she couldn’t separate the sounds like I can, so I tried to show her how haha. Thank you, elementary school band teacher, for teaching me how to listen to tone, pitch, and frequency...it turns out that it’s coming in handy after all haha. :laughing:

#5209 Shoei Loei, May 16, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2018
  10. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    what's that?

11. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm scared of spending my own money because it's not really mine. My mom made it, from her job that doesn't pay much. So she absolutly hates spending money and she cares about the money I spend too.
    I want to buy some magnesium to alleviate muscle tightness but I'm kinda scared to buy it. It costs about $18. I should get a part time job so I could soend my money without guilt. BUT all my energy is spent commuting and doing assignments for school. No time to make my own money, so I'm just gonna let her control my actions and thoughts.

I can't fight back when I've got no nerve, no strength, nothing to back me up.

#5211 Nightlight, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  12. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

Look it up; it’s kind of funny haha. It’s causing literal arguments between people lol. It’s an audio recording of two different robotic voices in two different frequencies that are overlapping one another. One of the voices sounds like it’s saying, “Yanny” and the other voice sounds like it’s saying, “Laurel”. It’s actually saying both, and they’re recorded on top of one another. But depending on how people’s ears and brain process the sounds, some people argue that they hear Yanny and others argue that they hear Laurel. If you Google it, you’ll find articles about it, and the audio clip. It’s basically like that whole black/blue and white/gold dress phenomenon all over again lol.

#5212 Shoei Loei, May 17, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2018
  13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw a really hot guy on his bike. I almost rear ended the person in front of me checking him out.

14. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's ironic, don't you think? :wink:

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yesterday I found out that someone I used to know was hit by a drunk driver last year. A drunk driving at 80 mph t-boned her and sent her car rolling. She suffered a closed head injury and is now a totally different person than when I knew her. She's completely non-functioning and just looks like a shell of her former self.

16. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the things I’ve noticed since presenting as male/masculine in public is a lot of women are uncomfortable if we’re walking towards each other on a sidewalk or just in public in general. A lot of them won’t even make eye contact or they’ll move away to the very edge of the sidewalk.

17. AndHeCried

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know why during the day I feel so tired and all I want to do is sleep but then at night when I actually could sleep, I feel so alert and full of energy! Gah! Then of course I don't get the sleep I need and I'm tired the next day. And the cycle continues...

18. AndHeCried

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you live in a rural area?

19. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do, but this happened when I was in the city.

20. AndHeCried

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Weird. Maybe they thought you were attractive and were just embarrassed?