1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever imagine what your childhood would have been like if you were born the correct gender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AndHeCried, May 10, 2018.

1. AndHeCried

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you are a trans man, do you ever imagine what your childhood would have been like if you were born a cis man?

If you are a trans woman do you ever imagine what your childhood would have been like if you were born a cis woman?

2. KayNB

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Even though I am NB, I think if I had the ability to make this switch I would have... (being born AFAB)... I am not sure if I still would be non-binary if that was the case to be honest.... I think a lot of things that happened in my life would have been very different if I were AFAB...

It's tough to imagine for me though... I can't picture myself in vastly different experiences than ones that fit my life as I know it just cause my brain doesn't work that way.

#2 KayNB, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
  3. anthracite

anthracite Guest

No, but I think about the lost opportunities a lot even though I came to the conclusion that as a cis man I probably would be a lazy fuck because my pole position in life would be safe and not constantly endangered.

ErickWolf and Crisalide like this.
  4. swimmingfly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i think about it all the time. in fact, i wish i would've been able to grow up as a boy

MartyMcP, Sota and Spot like this.
  5. Hanyauku

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think about this a lot, mainly in a sad and angry way. One of my biggest sources of pain is that I didn't get to grow up as a girl. I feel like I was wrongly incarcerated for twenty years, with so much of my life stolen from me. Who knows if my life would be better if this were the case, but it's hard to believe that it wouldn't be, at least in some ways. I think I missed out on a lot of closer friendships because I was AMAB. Yeah, I had, and have, a lot of female friends, but they still view me as their friend who is a boy. And I hate that so much. It doesn't matter that I'm their "gay guy" friend, I'm still a boy to them. I see how my girl friends act around their other girl friends, and even though we have a close relationship, it just isn't the same. I also worry that a lack of being socialized as a girl from childhood will affect how I'm perceived when I transition.

staries and AndHeCried like this.
  6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, sometimes.

7. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think I've really considered it. I know that I wouldn't be stood in this pub right now with other players on my skittles team. To be honest my whole childhood would probably have been different so don't know how it would have turned out. I do often wonder how different my life might have been if I had questioned my gender at an early age and had decided to transition.

#7 Bernice, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
  8. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same, I try not to think about it though because it’s depressing :/ And there’s not really anything I can do about it anyway...I guess it’s better to just focus on the future.

staries likes this.
  9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think about it, but ultimately I am glad to have grown up how I did, however hard it may have been. Being trans has had a huge impact on my development as a person.

AndHeCried likes this.
  10. Sota

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, all the time. I've always wanted to be handsome masculine boy with muscles, clean haircut and nice outfit. It was my dream (still is). I would give anything just to wake up as a boy and live my life like i want to. It makes me sad and happy at the same time when i think about myself.

AndHeCried likes this.
  11. MartyMcP

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes. Now that I look back, I didn't like anything girlie really growing up. Except the ad nauseum barbies I had. But I much preferred the cars, trucks boys got, playing in dirt. The darker, brighter, neon clothes they had, compared to pastels and pink crud I ended up with. . My family tried to get me to behave, act properly, sit "ladylike" all I wanted to was rough and tumble. Puberty really sucked . I've worn a skirt/dress 4 times in the past 24 yrs, and not really by choice. I've found myself shopping for shirts and ties lately

AndHeCried likes this.
  12. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    While I'm not quite sure what my correct gender is, I think if I would have hated being a teenage girl. High school was rough enough as a boy, but being a girl, with everything teen girls go through would not have gone well for me.