1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to let a guy know you're into him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Robishere, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I started up at a new job a couple months ago and I've developed a crush on one of the guys that works at store next door. I see him all the time as he's always buying drinks and snacks at the Café I work at. This one day he came by more times than usual, at first by himself, then with a co-worker, then with another co-worker who I get along with. He seemed to let his co-workers do all the talking as if they were his wing men or something and at one point he made a dirty joke, judging by their reaction because I didn't get it and they definitely noticed but we just laughed it off. The next day I decided not to break eye-contact when our eyes met and smiled at him while maintaining eye-contact, he smiled back and walked up to the counter, asked for what he wanted, paid, and stood around but I couldn't start up a conversation because I had to tend to the other customers. Later that afternoon, I saw him again, we made eye contact, he started walking directly towards me with a smile on his face then just stopped in his tracks around and left? Since then he doesn't really come by much and if he does it's super quick and just stays silent when I try to start up some small talk (i.e. ask him how he's doing, etc.).

I've seen him fixing his hair and making sure he looks fine before walking into the Café and although he hasn't said he is, I definitely know he's gay. Seeing as how I'm not very experienced with flirting and letting a guys know I'm into them, I make this post seeking any tips and tricks anyone might have that could help me out with my little dilemma. Thank you for helping a hopeless gay in need! :joy:

2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You say he works at the store next door. Would you be willing to bring over his favorite drink and snack, and say "miss having you come by my Café."

3. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This sounds like the best plan really available. Might take a bit of courage though.

#3 Humbly Me, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2018
    Guywest79 and Robishere like this.
  4. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Take DecentOne's advice and let us know how it works out! It definitely sounds like he is interested!

Guywest79 and Robishere like this.
  5. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely could, but like Myclosetisfull said, it would take a bit of courage. Yeah, I know his favorite snack and drink (I always make sure to put some in the coldest freezer for him when I start my shift), but I don't think I could ever work up the courage to walk up to him and give it to him. Maybe I could give him his next drink for free or maybe give him a free cookie next time he comes around?

Something funny I noticed the other day was that he bought a water bottle once and when he got back to his work station (I have a partial view into the store he works in from my cafe so if I get lucky sometimes I can see him while he's working) and he put the new bottle he had just bought aside and picked up one he already had which was about halfway full, so by the looks of it he only bought it as an excuse to come by?

Anyways, I'm kinda shy so I'm looking for some less obvious ways to let him know that I'm into him... something that'll get him to come to me because I could never walk up to someone and confess my feelings for them. Thanks!!

#5 Robishere, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could put a heart on his free drink...

kkou, Love4Ever and Robishere like this.
  7. Guywest79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm my gaydar is weak , but my take is that he' intersted and not sure How to move to next step

8. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Good luck. One of my greatest fears is making a move on a guy who wasn’t gay

Guywest79 likes this.
  9. Richard321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, maybe one day you could ask him if he is working all week. If he is then the next day you could take his favourite snack and drink to his store early and hand it in at reception for him. Say that he ordered it. Put his name on the outside. Put a little note on the inside saying something like:

"To Paul (or whatever his name is)
    Enjoy lunch on me today.
    Rob
    X"

Would that work at all? Maybe put the X, maybe not. Maybe put your cell number on the note. Or would both the X and the number be too much?

Would that be easier than taking it to him personally?

Robishere likes this.
  10. Federico98

Federico98 Guest

If you know he's gay, you should definitely do something nice to break the ice.
    I've never met any gay guy, so I've never had the courage to make a move.
    But if you know him a little, and you know he's gay, you should make the first move before anybody else takes him

DRobs likes this.
  11. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Caught his eye the other day and waved at him while flashing a smile as he left work the other day. He waved back and flashed me an awkward smile then the next day he came by a couple times after we made eye contact from way too far. Sadly, the shop was really full that day so I didn't get to start a conversation as much as I wanted to, only small talk. I'm set on asking him what his name is the next time I see him. I came up with the perfect line to say to him that'll let him know I'm into him with no fail, the only problem is that I'm not out to my coworkers so it'd be weird if they see me flirting with a guy. Anyways, I plan on asking him his name and formally introducing myself. Then telling him how I talk to him and his coworkers all the time and I don't know any of their names, but his is the only one I was interested in.

Still not sure if I'll go through with that line, I really want to but I won't know until I'm in the heat of the moment.

Note: The last time he came around he had this sort of different confidence? He definitely seemed more eager to talk so I'm really excited to see him again.

#11 Robishere, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    kkou and Destin like this.
  12. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That line is amazingly good, definitely go through with it.

13. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Practice a little bit and make sure you get your wording and voice to sound decent that way you won't seem awkward when you give your line about only being interested in knowing his name.

14. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll let you all know how it goes. I'm pretty sure he's off every Wednesday so I'll have to wait until Thursday to see him. Fingers crossed! :fingers_crossed:

Destin likes this.
  15. Maddox232003

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Best way? #Go_Bold. Nah just kidding. Just follow the above what others say. If you want to know my personal opinion. I would just make talks and ask more about him and listen to him as well. And sometimes like what you said in the first part. He doesn't come by regularly. Maybe he could be busy or something. So you should take the first move.

#15 Maddox232003, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Robishere likes this.
  16. Richard321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wouldn't mention his co-workers. And don't show any interest in finding out any of their names. Just show interest in him and finding out his name. Otherwise he might mistakenly think you are just being friendly in general.

Robishere likes this.
  17. Federico98

Federico98 Guest

It happened the opposite at me. I met a guy and he almost immediately invited me to the cinema and told me I was a wonderful guy. And I thought he could be interested in me.
    But he was straight and it just was his way to be friendly . So I agree, you should make him understand what you want :slight_smile:

Richard321 likes this.
  18. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay! So I saw him today and... Success!! For a second I thought I wasn't gonna see him today but towards the end of his shift he came up and looked inside the shop and I lit up like a Christmas tree, we made eye contact and he must have definitely noticed that I was strangely happy to see him and about 10 minutes later he came by and actually came in this time. I smiled a lot and asked him how he was doing, shook his hand for the first time. He asked for a bottle of water and I gave it to him. He began turning away to leave and I saw that it was now or never so I just blurted it out and asked him what his name was. He turned back around and looked kind of surprised, he told me his name and I formally introduced myself. I thought it was over because he turned around to leave again but he stopped in his tracks, turned back around and asked me if I was working yesterday (while he was off) I told him I was and then he asked me at what time I get off and what days I work!

It seems that he might have some kind of interest in me, seeing as how he could have just left or asked me anything else but he asked me about when I was gonna be at work and when I wasn't! Excited to see what happens tomorrow!! :grin:

19. Maddox232003

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good news eh?! Next possible thing he might even do is ask you to hangout with him. So bring something he likes or chocolates if it ever comes to that? Wonder if he will come out to you.

Richard321 likes this.
  20. Richard321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    But, Federico, it was odd / questionable behaviour by him.