1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ajm3665, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Ajm3665

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all,

I have been dating my boyfriend for almost two years now, and for the most part things have been pretty great. However, lately I find myself getting really annoyed at things he either just does or says. I don’t know why I feel this way or really how to explain it. I just find myself extremely irritable when it comes to him. I’ve also found myself having a bit of a loss of sexual attraction toward him.
    What I need advice on is really that I have no idea why I feel this way. He didn’t do anything to anger me or anything like that, and nothing in our relationship really changed. For some reason I just seem to have changed, and I’m not sure what I should do about it. I don’t want to break up with him, because I do still love him, but at the same time I just really feel like I need some time apart. What do you all think?

2. Federico98

Federico98 Guest

I have no experience with relationship, but if you feel this way, you should tell him. Maybe it's only a period of stress. Try taking some time off for yourself. He will understand if he loves you :slight_smile:

Richard321 and Rich319 like this.
  3. Rich319

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Before reacting and getting upset maybe try and stop and think is this situation worthy of you getting so mad about. Maybe there is another direction that can be takentakenn.

4. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If nothing in the relationship has changed to make you more irritable towards your boyfriend, it isn't fair to the both of you to pretend that everything is okay. It is understandable that every relationship will have its ups and downs and things that will hurt the other person (we're human after all), but if you are constantly down, that's not good either.

I understand you don't want to break up with your partner because you love him, but are you still in love with him? Falling out of love happens and it could explain your irritability towards him.

Normally I'd say have a talk with your partner, but in this case because you said nothing has changed with his behaviour it's kind of hard to pinpoint exactly what he could do to make you less irritable.

Do you guys live together? If not, how often do you see each other?

5. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Falling out of love does indeed happen. In fact, it happened to me; I would get very irritated around him.

You should talk to him about this and tell him how you feel. What were the things that you guys did that made your relationship fun?

6. Rich319

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How about what was it that attracted them to each other?

7. Richard321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Did he start getting annoyed with things about you and things you say first?

8. Maddox232003

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like you change. But are you EXCEPTIONALLY busy recently that makes you stressful? If so, take sometime off and maybe relax alone. If you can't really stay alone. Chill and talk to your boyfriend maybe?

9. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, that works too, and that can be revisited as well.