1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm just frustrated at this point (just a short rant)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gaynonsense, Apr 14, 2018.

1. gaynonsense

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, so I had a really good couple months and hadn't really been very depressed it anything, it's been nice.

Well, highs have their lows and I'm swinging back down. Just naturally, but today was kinda a kick in the face. I just learned that my close friend whom I think of rather fondly wants to date my godsister. Well, she's been pretty short of luck with boys, so I worry about her. Now I just had to give the guy I like permission to date her because he's a really good guy and I want him happy and I think he will take good care of her. Not to mention that I'm really, really grateful that he was so kind as to ask me for permission, but this still sucks. I want him to be happy, but I'm just gonna get jealous seeing them together and I'm afraid I might lose some of both of their attention, and I know that's selfish, but I love them both and care about them both and want to be around them. I just wish I could make him that happy.

So, I've got all of that on top of this low swing that's been brewing. Sometimes it just makes life feel valueless, like it doesn't even matter. Things go good, but it all just gets crappy anyway. I know that's the depression, but damn it feels real.

2. Federico98

Federico98 Guest

I had a close friend once, and yes, when he got a girlfriend we spent less time together, but I loved him and I was happy knowing that he was happy.
    Lately I'm in a low period too, and I know that life can look unfair and meaningless. I think having a boyfriend could help passing through this bad periods, but I haven't one, so what I do when I feel blue is reminding my best friends how much I love them. Being a good person, and watching at other people being happy, can be helpful

gaynonsense likes this.
  3. gaynonsense

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, I don't know. I can usually handle my downs pretty well, but giving the man I love permission to date my sister (and there's a lot that goes on there because she has had some bad relationships) really, really hit me like a truck. Completely blindsided me.

It really hurts me, a pot, but I'm happy for him. I trust him a lot and I'm sure hellh be good to get, but it's gonna be incredibly difficult to watch. It sucks.

What really stinks is he knows how I feel. He was afraid to ask me because firstly, he was afraid I wouldn't approve, but he was also afraid of hurting me or making me jelous. He's a really good friend and a generally great guy.

Also, it's really cool that he really wanted my approval. I think that alone says a lot about his character and that's one of the reasons that I like him so much.

It just hurts so much more than I think I can really handle right now. I can't really sleep because I can't stop thinking and I have lost my appetite.

I don't know, I'm happy he found someone that makes him happy, and he seems to make her happy too, so I can't be mad or anything. It just hurts.

4. Federico98

Federico98 Guest

Be strong
    How old are you? Early 20s could be difficult :slight_smile:

5. gaynonsense

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Actually, just recently turned 18.

6. Federico98

Federico98 Guest

You're a little younger than me, and I know how difficult it can be.
    It still hurts every time I meet a nice guy and I find out he has a girlfriend. I've never dated anyone and it sucks.
    You can't be stuck thinking at how bad life can appear (like I'm doing right now). You should do things you like, and something good will happen soon if you don't get down :slight_smile:
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, or some company, just know I'm here :slight_smile:

gaynonsense likes this.
  7. gaynonsense

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks, I really appreciate it.

8. Federico98

Federico98 Guest

No problems. It was really nice meeting you :slight_smile: what's your name? (If you feel comfortable telling me)

9. gaynonsense

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's nice meeting you too, but I'd rather bot share on this thread, though.

10. Federico98

Federico98 Guest

Well, let me know how you'll pass this situation :slight_smile: