1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports you wished you did in High School

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ECMember, Apr 6, 2018.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Didn't do sports in HS, from what I can recall, and was homeschooled. I would've enjoyed being able to take Tennis and golf. They're one of the few sports I'm interested in. I don't play them now. I took a few classes. I was a lot at better golf than tennis.

2. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This was one of the main reasons I stayed away from participating in sports. I also was terrified of getting hurt in scrimmages. Like, I would sometimes frequently ask to play soccer (because of Bend It Like Beckham, lol) at camp. I would often ask to play goalie, but would be too terrified to catch the ball. One camp I was at, the counselors really got on my case over avoiding the scrimmage and I was demoted to goalie.

one

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Getting hurt playing sports was one factor that made me hate sports--but only one factor.

I can remember at least tolerating dodgeball in elementary school. But I absolutely hated it come junior high--boys would throw the ball so hard, and it really hurt when it hit. I think the violence got worse as the game went on, but that might just have been my imagination. In any case, I made it a point to get knocked out of the game ASAP. A ball might brush by, and I'd consider it a hit.

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to wonder a bit about track as a sport. I can't say I was hugely in love with the idea, but it was probably one of the best things we did in PE.

Also looking back...I had probably the best hope of getting along with other kids on the track team. I can think of several people who did track who were reasonably smart, and reasonably nice kids.

My junior high's track coach suggested I should join his team. Maybe he saw something that made him think I had some promise. Maybe he was desperate for athletes. Maybe it was temporary insanity on his part, though.

No matter. I never joined--it was bad enough having that coach as a teacher, frankly.

5. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wonder if I wouldn't have done well doing something in a support role. That's a bit iffy, because I had so little interest in sports. But I can imagine it given the right circumstances.

I know for certain I'd have enjoyed one job: handing towels to boys after they'd showered...

6. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That would definitely be the best job on the team. My apartment is right across from the community pool, and there are a few hundred students who live here. It's a never-ending parade of sunbathing college age boys (and girls) every day. Yea they're probably all straight, but that doesn't make them any less nice to look at :wink:

7. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

8. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I considered that part of the excitement. The idea of possibly getting hurt was part of the apoeal
    I was so deep in the closet that even I didn’t know I was bi when I was in high school,but I don’t recall most guys showering after football practice. Most guys just changed in went home. Occasionally you be tying your shoes, and you look up and there would be a butt or a cock in your face but it was rare. Also at the time I didn’t want to see that anyway

9. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One selling point of swimming is seeing guys wearing only a swim suit!

10. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn't know (consciously, at least) that I was gay when I was in 8th grade, which was the last time as a teenager I saw another guy nude. I'm not even sure I really knew what it meant to be gay then--my knowledge of sexuality was pretty bad. But I certainly liked seeing guys my age nude. And, when needed, I had no trouble finding ways to "explain" to myself why I liked to see nude guys. For example, I was "only" admiring guys who had better looking bodies than mine.

#50 BMC77, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  11. Federico98

Federico98 Guest

Yeah I would have liked wrestling too

12. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I do remover being fascinated one time when I saw a playgirl magazine It was the first time I had seen a grown mans penis. Just one more thing I repressed

13. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I got a question for people that were in high school during the 2000s and did swimming? Did you all wear speedos or the newer swim jammers.

14. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not much of a swimmer but I must admit I always hated speedos on guys. Probably because I was secretly attracted to them and didn’t want to admit it. They don’t leave a lot to the imagination

15. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’ve never been a team player or a fan of team based sports. So I never played any and I have no regrets about that.

I do wish that I had stuck with band through hs like I did in middle school.

The sports I involved myself in during ms and hs were riding my motorcycle and bmx bike. Never competitively just for fun. Wish I stuck with those things too because I pretty much stopped once I got my license.

In PE we never showered in my class. I always got changed and got out of there ASAP. Didn’t want to be accused of anything.
    I was also super in denial still telling myself I could be straight.

16. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    But that's the charm of a Speedo! Especially when worn by a really hot guy! LOL

Although a lot of people in the US hate seeing a man wearing a Speedo. It's unfortunate, because a Speedo is a much better swim suit than socially approved trunks (or, worse, board shorts).

17. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes I realize that now but when you are trying to deny your sexuality being confronted with a tell tale bulge becomes problematic. If I were co fronted with it now it would be a different story

18. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had some problems with seeing the Speedo bulge when I was first lap swimming, although I wasn't bothered seeing a penis. (I checked other men out all the time in the locker room...) My problem, I'm guessing, is that I was so thoroughly programmed that a guy's penis is totally hidden when in public places. Including swimming pools, even though swimming is a nearly nude physical activity for men.

Although as time went by, I got used to seeing Speedos.

19. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wore Jammers. Others wore Speedos so it was a mix.

20. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Soccer... i wish i was brave enough to join the female soccer team. And i wish i was brave enough to play soccer during breaks. There were girls who played soccer with guys. But i was too ashamed to even try or ask to join... i had this stupid preconception that as a girl i should not play soccer.