1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Myopia (near sighted)?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Secrets5, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

So I was getting bad headaches and the screen going blurry at school. So I went to get it checked. I have myopia so hard to see things far away, but it's not too bad (right -0.75, left -1.00).

I was just wondering how often I should wear glasses?

It doesn't feel like a real problem because it's not too bad, Its not a problem of validity, more like because it isn't too bad is it something I need to correct with glasses or do I just seal with it (and stop looking at the screen when I get headache/goes blurry)?

I mean I say that but I spent a load on some cool looking glasses so I may wear them anyway. I'm not sure though there's no adult studies if it makes it worse or not.

Because I know it's bad when trying to read far away but not sure if there's anything else that's going blurry that maybe I've always just seen as normal but isn't.

Thanks.

2. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not an expert but I'm like that too. I'm near sighted and was prescribed glasses about 3years ago. I'm hardheaded though so I just started actually using my glasses just few months ago. I think it's better for you to use it often so you can get used to it. I take off mine when I'm at home. I completely use it while at work as I dont want to miss anything and blame it on my blurry eyes. If i'm on my break, I usually take it off.

3. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Only if its seriously interfering with daily life. One of the reasons I "struggled" in middle school was due to me not wanting to wear glasses. Seriously, without them, its like living underwater. Some people are lucky and don't have it as bad, and/or don't need them 24/7. Eyesight does change as we age, too.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish my eyesight were that way. I wear contacts and my prescription is 4.0 in my right eye and 4.75 in my left.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same, if not worse. In a way it's kinda nice. Not being able to see anything makes haircuts and other things a lot less anxiety inducing.

6. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ask your eye doctor. They are experts. I've been wearing glasses since first grade for near-sightedness.

7. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

8. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    currently I have -3.0 (which is still a pretty good eyesight for a person who was born with MFS :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and I know I should wear glasses basically all the time now, because I can only see things clearly if they are closer than 30 centimeters from my face. but I remember when I got my first glasses, my eyesight was more or less like yours is now, and my doctor told me that I should wear glasses when I watch TV or when I am in the cinema, or when I drive a car. she told me not to 'abuse' my eyesight with glasses until it gets over -2.0, and I can't really explain why she said so.

but then, I am probably also affected with astigmatism (I assume so because I end up hitting the wall with my arm every time I try to walk through the door, and I'm pretty sure I'm in the centre), and it only makes things worse. I'm going to a better doctor soon and then I will know for sure.

#8 Mahidevran, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018