1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding Fellow Queer Fellas

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kaiy, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Kaiy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone :slight_smile:
    I'm a genderqueer teen looking for friends.
    I like;
    • memes
    • photography
    • books
    • social justice
    I can't wait to meet you all,
    Kaiy

2. DarkPrince

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey Kaiy, how are you? Welcome to EC by the way. :slight_smile:

3. Jaiiden

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. Flynn S

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Kaiy, welcome to Empty Closets!
    What kind of books do you like?
    My sister is really into photography. I've been the subject for quite a few of her projects, though I think she tends to like taking photos of nature more than people - usually insects and flowers. Unfortunately, I'm all thumbs when it comes to cameras.

5. callistia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Kaiy, and welcome to EC!
    What kind of photography and books do you like? I take nature photos and read mostly sci-fi.
    I hope you have a positive experience on this site!

6. Kaiy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks!
    I'm into scifi & fantasy & adventure. I can usually be seen with a book in hand or my phone(reading another book). Right now I'm switching between the Bane Chronicles and Nightwing comics. What do you like to read?
    Your sister sound cool. Do you enjoy modeling for her? I like to photograph cities, festivals, and landscapes. People are good too but I really only like to if I have a connection with them and want to tell their story through photography. Plain portraits bore me.
    Do you like to do another kind of art?

#6 Kaiy, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  7. Kaiy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like scfi too. Do you have a favorite series?
    I love photographing cities and festivals but really anywhere there are plenty of cool angles and stories to tell. I also have a soft spot for nature photography, but only landscapes like waterfalls or mountains or sunsets. What do you like to shoot in nature?

8. Flynn S

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to prefer comedies, usually older ones, like Tobias Smollett's works. Sometimes I read romance (again, older ones, usually classics, not a fan of modern ones) and historical fiction. I also read a lot of history books. I'd like to say I like scifi & fanatsy but truthfully I don't read much of it. I've read the Hobbit and I'm very fond of the Lord of the Rings films and Inception of course, but that's probably as close as it comes.

As for modelling, it's definitely not my forte. I don't think my sister likes using people much anyway. She seems to have the same opinion, she only uses people when she wants to convey a story or a particular point.

I'm a writer. Can't do much else. I used to be able to draw, not very well but I suppose somewhat decently. But somewhere in my progression from middle school to high that ability got lost. Still haven't found it yet. It's hiding pretty well. Anyway, writing is good enough for me. I tend to write the same genres I read, though lately I've been working on a short psychological thriller. They are, I must say, quite interesting to write.

9. callistia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's hard to pick a favorite series, but I guess I'd have to say that overall I kind of have a soft spot for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, even though I haven't read it in a while. My favorite books and series change a lot over time. Some other, more recent favorites are Children of Time (Adrian Tchaikovsky), The Invisible Man (H.G. Wells), The Time Machine (also by H.G. Wells), and several of Kim Stanley Robinson's books. There are probably some more that I'm forgetting, but those are the ones that came to mind. What are some of your favorite books and/or series?

I usually go for shots of mountains, the sky and clouds during sunrises/sunsets, water (oceans, lakes, a waterfall if I can find one, etc), and forests (especially in either fall or winter), but I'll shoot other things if I see an interesting opportunity. I think it would be fun to try taking some city photos, but I don't live super close to one, so nature is my go-to. I definitely agree with what you said about the angles and stories. You have the whole world to take photos of, and only a small portion will be in the final shot, so you want it to be meaningful and interesting. Are there any specific types of photos that you like to take in cities or festivals (long exposures, shots from above, etc)? Also, are there any places (cities, countries, general areas) that you want to take photos of but haven't yet?