1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So it's Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DinoArtist, Feb 13, 2018.

1. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm starting to think that these celebrations are used to torture people more than anything. It's not just this but other days as well. A lot of people spend Xmas and thanksgiving alone for various reasons. I usually never really thought about it before but once you've celebrated it your whole life you really start to wonder why. Of coarse I'm saying I'm single (again) this year. And so I've decided to not even recognize it and celebrate Halloween instead. Call it Halloween 2 or something. I'll figure it out. But I'm just done with Valentine's Day. It's just not meant for me. I really question why I even bother to begin with.

2. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess I don't relate. I still find plenty of meaning in buying gifts for my friends and family. Sure I wish I had someone to buy chocolate for on valentines day, but I'm not going to let that ruin my good time with everyone else.

DinoArtist likes this.
  3. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not too keen on buying chocolate this year.

4. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being single means you get to save money at Valentines Day and buy something nice for yourself.

It's also handy that Valentines Day is close to Mother's Day in the UK, so a lot of the girly gifts that haven't sold for Valentines get reduced and can be used as Mother's Day presents. :grin:

5. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am currently dating but I think I can still relate. She lives on a naval base two states away and is training right now so she's busy af. I don't expect to get anything…but I was really hoping to get a letter from her today because I'm due to get one any day now…or even just a text confirming that she's still alive lol. I did send her something but I'm not sure if she's gotten it yet.

So I've been super lonely today, just waiting for bedtime so it can end. It's hard seeing all the couples going out and guys buying flowers, so much pink and red and so many hearts everywhere. It feels a bit like the whole universe is trying to send me into crippling depression. I really can't wait for this day to end…the time on my iPhone is set to her timezone so I know when she's most likely to text me and I don't miss it, so I thought it was a lot later than it actually is -_-

I'm probably just going to take some Buzzfeed quizzes to kill time.

#5 Spot, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  6. Confoozed

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Aaaaah lighten up, I'm like this too if someone doesn't do what I expect then I'm sad but maybe we should look at it from their perspective too. What your girlfriend must be going through and how she might be wishing she had time to send anything or be with you.

I don't celebrate this day really but it's just a commercial thing anyway you know she loves you you don't need one specific day to believe that which you already know.

Hope I could cheer you up at least a little :slight_smile:...

7. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As an effeminate gay man well into my older years I do find this day a bit of a let down as I have yet to receive a Valentine from any of my masculine partners who have been with me once I reached the age of adulthood.
    I did get them from other boys during my formative years.
    I guess it is a big no no as gay adults, especially since many of my boyfriends have been married bisexuals and my sending them a Valentine would be problematic and intrusive.
    Such is life. *Sigh*

DinoArtist likes this.
  8. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For the first time I feel kind of disappointed to not share this day with someone. I never really had past relationships to share today with. However I am interested in a woman I work with, but my assumption is that she’s straight. So yea, it does feel lonelier today than usual because there is someone I would want to spend it with.

9. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whether I'm single or not my favorite day is February 15: discounted chocolate day!!!

BothWaysSecret and GreySky like this.
  10. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Valentines Day and New Years are two of my least favorite days of the year as they're very in-your-face reminders that I am totally alone. Hasn't hit me yet today but I'm pretty sure it will at some point.

11. GreySky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Valentine's Day has always been odd for me. I've never been in a relationship so it's never been a thing for me, at least not in a romantic sense. It's still a good day to reflect on and appreciate the other forms of love in my life though. And even though there are moments that it makes me sad, it's still nice to see other people's happiness. My feelings are a little more conflicted this year though since there's a girl I like very much, but it would be selfish to bring that up to her at the moment. So I've been bouncing back and forth between enjoying other people's happiness and drowning in my own feelings lol. Fun times!

12. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've always been single, so for me it's never really been an issue. But even if I was in a relationship, I feel like it's an over-hyped day, mainly because you should be showing love to your significant other/friends/family all year round instead of dedicating one day to it.

Niagara, Confoozed and DinoArtist like this.
  13. BlueNeon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was, for the most part, too busy to remember that yesterday was Valentine's Day. Since I've never had a girlfriend, the day hasn't meant all that much to me anyway.

Now, this is something to celebrate. This is why February 15th is such a wonderful day. :stuck_out_tongue: