1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anonmember, Feb 11, 2018.

1. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everyone. I'm a high school senior, I have autism, and I'm bisexual (I'm either kinsey 3 or 4, I'm not sure). I'm obviously not going to share my name or social media links, not only because it's against policy, but just in case one of my friends found me, I don't want to get outed as bisexual. Everyone knows I have autism, but only a few people know I'm bisexual. My parents know, Some other trusted adults know (including my therapists and social workers), and one other high schooler that lives an hour and a half away from me (who is also bisexual) knows. I'm definitely not telling anyone else until at least college because I am afraid of rejection and ridicule. I know a bunch of other LGBT people, and none of them even except this one guy knows. I am also a Christian as well, but I'm one of those Christians who believe that the statement that homosexuality is a sin is just a misinterpretation and that sexuality today has nothing to do with sexuality back then. Some people would consider that hypocritical. I go to church, and I'm not out to anyone at my church. If someone were to ask me, I would lie and say I'm straight. My brother is gay, so I'm not the only queer person in the family. Anyone have any questions?

#1 anonmember, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm still a virgin, but I know I'm bisexual because I've had feelings for both guys and girls even since either 6th or 7th grade. I currently have a girlfriend (who of course I haven't told because that would be like the worst person to tell), and most of my friends know that I have a girlfriend. She seems a little homophobic though, so we probably won't last too long.

#2 anonmember, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  3. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hullo! Fellow bi (also trans) Christian here! I'm certainly not the most religious person on earth, but it's nice having something to believe in. Welcome to ec!

4. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! Welcome to EC! I do have a question, actually. Just out of curiosity, how did your parents react when you and your brother came out?

5. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They didn't care

6. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I'm really glad that's the case. I've had LGBT friends with Christian parents and not all of them have been accepting but it's great that your parents were okay with it.

My dad's a Christian and he didn't care when I came out either.

7. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, welcome to EC! I'm also bisexual and Christian. My parents were in denial for what seemed like ages, but they finally reached a point of acceptance. They told me they love me no matter who I end up with, which was very sweet of them. I'm always happy to read that other people's parents and other family members are accepting. I hope you will enjoy your time on here :slight_smile: