1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today is my Gay Birthday!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rana, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Rana

Rana Guest

On February 12, 2017, I knew for sure that I was a lesbian. It was remarkable and also a relief at the same time because so many questions in my life were answered with the realization of my sexual orientation.

It felt like such an organic thing that I was attracted to women, as if it had been that way my whole life. I kept having to remind myself about the enormity of that realization.

Anyway, the year that progressed after that day wasn't easy as you all must know. There was anxiety, ups and downs, questions about my future, etc. I had no one at that time to help me or hold my hand. All of you incredible friends on EC were so important, and have continued to be important to me. I really don't know what I would have done or where I would have turned to without all of you.

Mere words are insufficient to give thanks for all the support I've received here, nevertheless, I wanted to take this time, on this day, to say thank you all for being my life line. I hope to be able to give others even a fraction of the support I've received here.

Thank you friends! ❤️

2. spartafc

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations and very Happy Anniversary!! ❤️

Rana likes this.
  3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Rana, it seems we share this awesome anniversary, congrats on yours! :slight_smile:

Rana likes this.
  4. Rana

Rana Guest

Haha, I replied the same thing on your post before I read your response to mine. ❤️

5. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm happy for you.

Rana likes this.
  6. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy Birthday!

Rana likes this.
  7. Rana

Rana Guest

Thanks guys! It has been quite a year! To celebrate, I scheduled my first gay meetup event.

I had planned on going to a later one but I thought it would be a good symbolic gesture to go to a sooner event in honor of the 1 year anniversary of my gay awakening, lol. I don't know anyone that will be there so it's a weird feeling, but I look forward to making friends with other LGBTQ folks.
    Wish me luck! ❤️

8. butterfly1

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Rana- Congrats to you for your milestone moment in your life. Here's a hug. And, have fun at the meetup. Hope it is a relaxing and enjoyable time for you.