1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok, so a couple things. i finished my Christmas shopping!!!

i also went to my favourite second hand place and they had a stuff a bag day for $10. i got like 4 pairs of jeans and 4 skirts plus a couple scarfs for just 10 dollars.

i also had my last voice therapy with my speech pathologist as she's been transferred to a different place and is now working with kids, im not out of the program though im going to be starting with a new one in January, but she told me how far ive come and we listened to an interview i gave to a journalist student last year and WOW what a change, even when i slip to a 'male' voice im not that deep now.

and finally, i was at the supermarket getting couple last minute items for Christmas and ran into a friend i havent seen for like a year and a half. they know im trans and have started HRT and they said my voice is really improving and getting more fem. that made me feel soooo great.

AlexJames likes this.
  2. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    WOW. One dollar for each thing? I wish I could fly to the place you go shopping xD

--

>> I have a public profile pic in chatting apps in which imo I pass a lot. I can't put it here because there's my mother in it and I guess she wouldn't like to appear near an lgbt son in a pic posted in a lgbt forum xD If someone looks at my profile pics from the first at 14, it seems like a little brother at some point took control of the profile.
    >> I passed a couple of days not thinking too much about gender, how relieving.

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    they had a day were you could get what ever you could stuff into a bag for 10$. but their regular prices arent bad, the jeans were only 5$ each and same for the skirts. bear in mind this is a second hand store.

i get it about your pic with your mom. maybe you could crop her out of a copy? then you have the profile pic and the one of your mom and you. as for passing/being accepted as your true gender i get that too, even though i was presenting as male yesterday, at my speech pathologist im a woman, and at that store, the Executive director knows me as a woman and many of the staff too. when i walked in yesterday and was looking around, she came up to me and 'dragged' me to the dresses saying she put one out today that would be perfect for me. i loved it and in the bag it went. plus i was at walmart buying Christmas gifts for myself and did it all in the womans section, a few men buying stuff or wives but i didnt care as i was looking through the things, holding them up to see how they look against me. it was a lovely day.

#4463 looking for me, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  4. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tried to crop her out but the pic is already small and it looks bad. I tried to blur her face but it looked a sad thing to do.
    The pic was from a dressing room. She had just passed five hours offering me all kinds of tight-fitting feminine clothes in vain; after the aperitif, I found the courage to ask her for a tie. So I could finally search for the straightest and loosest button down I could find (from the men's were too big, she said) and """suit""" pants. Then she grabbed a suit jacket, abandoned in the corner of some table near the dressing room, in which I looked an eccentric anchorman while she looked like my image consultant with her weird stylish hat, and took the pics. Then I followed her in the men's section for a tie with this expression: cccccc:

looking for me likes this.
  5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i just went throught the bag i got yesterday, and there's a dress i didnt mention before, i think. wow all that for just 10$.

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok, little victory. i tried on that dress i bought yesterday. holy mackerel i have a shape and it isnt just a ball..... i havent seen it with other dresses but i think i love this one.

Crisalide likes this.
  7. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not exactly sure this is small, but I came out to my crush as both trans and bi last week and then she responds by coming out as bi and then we both end up admitting we like each other and we're kinda-sorta-actually dating now... *squeal*

8. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's great, congrats!

9. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OH HOLY SHIT.
    I CAME OUT TO MY MOTHER.
    Now she knows I'm bisexual, transgender and planning to change my body.
    She didn't kick me out, shout, criticize or anything, in fact she was nonchalant and had a wiser reaction than I could imagine: "This is your life".
    Nice "Christmas gift from your child", huh?
    Now there's only my father left.

Kodo, Enea, DarkPrince and 4 others like this.
  10. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    how wonderful. Merry Christmas

Crisalide likes this.
  11. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok, i did a thing; i came out to my younger brother, and my niece. i didnt get the chance to speak directly with my nephew, but once i did to all those, my niece and i were talking openly at the family Christmas dinner and after about makeup and such, i was fantastic my parents didnt say a word about it but really to be able to talk and not hide the words is sooo great. Merry Christmas indeed.

Kodo, LittleMouse and Austin226 like this.
  12. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I have my first face changes.

I was both excited and a bit scared. Scared because I thought I might lose my good looks.

But now that I see it I coudn‘t love it more. It‘s like actually seeing myself grow up. Pre-T I sometimes saw the feminine features more. Now there is none of it, not even on bad days.

I went from boyish cuteness to teenage masculine good looks. And if this is the start, I will turn out very well. Can‘t wait for the moment I‘ll sport a five o‘clock shadow on this great features.

When I was a kid or a young teenager I always asked myself, when I‘d finally get a more square face. Oh how I‘d love to travel back in time and tell this little boy from the past: At 18 you‘ll get them. Then you will finally look more like the pictures you‘ll always google and stare at analyzing jealously for hours.

#4472 anthracite, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2017
  13. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I dug up my New Years resolutions from last year to find this...

> Start testosterone.
    > Get a visible six-pack.
    > Do 300 hours of ballet.
    > Go vegan from vegetarian.
    > Learn the remaining swim strokes that I do not know - breaststroke, backstroke, and butterfly.

> Cut my 50-free time in half (currently 50 seconds).
    > Read fifty books.
    > Record a 7-song piano music album.
    > Go to college.
    > Rock a bowtie.
    > Do 150 hours of cello practice.

Well I accomplished four of them, with testosterone just over the horizon. Still no six pack, haha.

#4473 Kodo, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  14. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude... they are a pain to tie at first. Now I can literally tie one with a broken hand in the dark from behind.

Not my thing but I was good at it.

Make sure it's a classic tie though. No gaudy non versatile ties should be in your closet unless it's a tacky Christmas tie.

Crisalide and looking for me like this.
  15. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    like really, i gave up ties when i left the CAF. cant stand them.

16. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fair warning, a bit of a rant upcoming here.

Looking back over 2017, I can honestly say it was the most difficult and painful year of my life. But even so, I had the courage to move out of the damaging home environment I was living in, got myself into a good school, came out publicly as trans, have socially transitioned, got a job to support myself financially, have been attending therapy to deal with mental health concerns, did everything I needed to start HRT with the New Year, and so much more.

I was under so much stress some days I didn't know if I was going to make it. But... I did. I did it and I am fucking PROUD of myself. My family disowned me, but I have a new family of friends who have been a stronger support to me than my blood ever has. I came here almost broke, but I got a job and have showed up every day while keeping up full time studies at university. I passed every class I was in with a B, and nailed my piano final. Everything was against me. I should not have made it. I should have dropped out, given up, and broke down. So many days I didn't want to wake up and I didn't want to go to class or work. But I did.

I did it. I made it. And all of the good things that come from this New Year I owe to my damn stubbornness over the past few months. It gets better, brothers and sisters. Stay strong and always keep fighting!

17. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Brother, that is beautiful. sooo glad you pushed through. so glad you're here.

18. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it took a couple hours but I got my damaged tire replaced on my van, Free of Charge...... now that im counting as a victory.

19. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok, so big flipping Victory. i came out to my older brother. it was harder than with my younger brother. now there is only my sister among my sibs.

newts likes this.
  20. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    update to my last post;
    well, i came out to my older brother the day before yesterday, and today to the rest of his family and my niece who was raised sort of like a little sister to us. it went great!!

newts and Kodo like this.