1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm starting to feel ashamed of liking anal sex.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Driftr, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Driftr

I don't know where this came from but just today I was just thinking about anal sex in general and how some guys might not even wash their hands after fingering themselves or their partner(s) - I even made a thread about it earlier - , it had me wondering if I've ever done that and then all of a sudden this crushing nagging voice in my head went "Well if you weren't such a perv who likes playing where the sun don't shine, you wouldn't have to worry about that."

I don't even know where it came from. It's like it just hit me today - I'm actually attracted to the male anus:astonished:, male buttocks:tongue:, pretty much the male behind..something that was never meant to be a sex organ.

I have for all these years but I haven't really let it hit me the way it did today... and it's not a good feeling. It's like I feel guilty for liking anal play and I feel like if I haven't been properly washing my hands afterwards that I may have even potentially spread a bacterial infection b4 (by touching a doorknob or lending a pen ). I legit feel like a health hazard now (cause I DO wash my hands but I don't know if it's long or hard enough). Is that how it works or am I just overestimating how germs/bacteria spread?

Maybe it has something to do with an article I read about how fecal matter is found in just about any surface in our lives. It had me wondering - and I know it might make some of you laugh - just how much of this fecal matter that makes its way on public everyday spaces was from gay/bi guys and even straight dudes who didn't wash their hands properly after anal play.

For the record, I'm never giving up anal tbh. (Don't mean to gross anyone out but) nothing compares to the feeling of topping a really hot bottom :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I just want to get rid of this guilt that just came out of nowhere and I can't seem to shake off. I once had a guilt trip during the middle of intercourse and I lost my erection. I hope this never makes it happen again.

2. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If your guilt stems from hygienic purposes, then maybe invest in some antibacterial wipes and hand soap to clean any surface you may have touched after intercourse. I once read that you should wash your hands for as long as the alphabet song in warm water with soap.

Sex is messy regardless of what you do. People's mouths aren't sex organs either and people partake in oral sex. Sex is supposed to be enjoyed. it's two consenting adults enjoying an intimate activity and as the wise Sheryl Crowe once said, "if it makes you happy, it can't be that bad."

Jackie Ray likes this.
  3. smurf

This isn't completely accurate. In biology, sex organs means "what do you use to reproduce", it doesn't talk about sex for pleasure and it doesn't carry morals about what body part you should find sexy.

Like the person above mentioned, the mouth and lips are seen as sexy for A LOT of people but is not a "sex organ". Some people find pleasure in many different ways and it doesn't carry any morals to it.

As for the hygiene part of it all, you are completely overthinking it. You have a higher chance to "spread" something by simply going to the bathroom to poop. Anal sex is not a high risk to spread any disease by hand to hand contact. You are going to be FINE.

\

Trust me, this is not how it works.

Also, do you really think only lgb guys do anal sex? A lot of people are into anal sex and it has nothing to do with sexuality.

you are fine lol :slight_smile:

4. Driftr

I was just going to post asking what the difference is from someone who improperly wipes after #2 and a bottom who isn't totally clean who is fingered but then it occurred to me. There isn't any sort of epidemic of some anal bacterial infection within gay men who (let's be real) engage the most in anal play - unless I've missed something. Could anyone really confirm this?

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1000x times this. Side note: As a biologist, it saddens me to see people trying to explain humans solely by it. It explains very important parts of us, but we are much more than mindless reproduction bots without pleasure or culture. : P

@Topic: You are overthinking it. Sure, the anus has bacterias. Your entire body does - the anus is a bit more delicate since it is where things leave your body, but, as long as you wash your hands and avoid playing while having open cuts in your hand/anus, you should be fine. Even if you have a small cut, if we are just talking about masturbation, the chances of you contracting a serious disease isn't much (although greater than not having a cut). Or even if you do something and forget to wash your hand, you will probably be fine, unless you aren't "forgetting it" all the time.

Long story short, there's no need to feel guilty or worried, as long as you keep your hygiene normally.

Playing with your anus changes little of it - everyone should clean their hands a few times a day, especially before eating or touching eyes/mouth. You should wash your hands if you play with your dog, if you play with your anus (in a different way than you played with your dog, I hope), if you shakes hands with someone and are going to eat, etc.

Hygiene is necessary regardless if you play with your anus or not. If you do, it's one more activity that requires hygiene (before and after), but there are many more things that you do in your day that will require keeping things clean.

The problem with vaginal/anal sex is doing penetration or oral activity without protection. Anal/vaginal penetrative sex has a high risk of infection (not only with HIV, but other diseases too, including bacterial problems, not only viruses) if you don't use a condom.

If you are playing with your hands, and the anus/hand don't have any open cuts, the chance of you being infected by something is really low. If you are doing penetrative sex, but you are using a condom (properly), you are also pretty well protected.