1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For My RPGers

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by bruh, Dec 19, 2017.

1. bruh

bruh Guest

How do you play your RPGs? Well, what I'm really asking is what stats do you focus on with your character? I prefer to focus on, Physical Defense, HP, and Physical Attack from most to least. nothing more reassuring than a solid tank.

2. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm kind of the opposite of you. I focus mainly on attack skills, then HP, then defense. I just rush an enemy and take them down as quickly as possible to avoid too many enemies piling up around me and causing me to get overpowered. The attack skills are needed to do that efficiently, and it works really well usually. Although if something goes wrong there is really no time to make a backup plan.

3. bruh

bruh Guest

oh yeah, I see what you're saying. I guess I should've added skills to the list. the way I see it, there's no point in having a skill if you don't have the points to back it up. plus, the defense and HP come in handy when the game decides to throw a swarm or big boss your way.

so I guess it would be
    1. Physical Defense
    2. HP
    3. Physical Attack
    4. Physical Skills.

how do you feel about swarms? I see em exp opportunities

4. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Depends on the game and it's mechanics but I usually focus on attack first. Then hp, defense.. sometimes I like playing a defensive tank though.

5. bruh

bruh Guest

is that Noctis as your prof pic? funny enough, I'm playing FFXV right now. and there were times I'd boost my attack first, but I'd wind up forgetting to boost my defense and HP and wind up a glass cannon, and if there's one thing I can't stand, it's a glass cannon

6. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I actually like swarms, and also see them as free exp. It helps me develop quick-reaction strategies and attention to detail to avoid being overpowered. I've gotten very good at kind of an attack/retreat simultaneous combination. Running backwards away from the enemies, staying a step or two too far for them to hit me, but getting just close enough to hit the closest one to pick them off one at a time. Depending on which game it is, that can get really intense and drawn out too, there have been times I got into a bad situation and spent like 20+ minutes just doing the run backwards thing for survival.

#6 Niagara, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  7. bruh

bruh Guest

damn, in those situations, I find those teleport and slash skills incredibly useful,or I'll resort to huge AOE magic if I have to

8. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I kind of like being a glass cannon, it's challenging

9. bruh

bruh Guest

a bit, until I get killspammed because I can't resist attacks

10. jam93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm deffinately a best defense is a good offense guy. I usually focus on attack above all else. The way I see it the more damage I can do, the faster the enemy goes down, the less time they have to damage me. Part of this probably comes from liking to play spellcasters when that's an option. They're ususlly kind of type cast as glass cannons in a lot of games, so I'm used to needing to take stuff down before it can hit back.

11. bruh

bruh Guest

not bad, how do you feel about physical attacks though? or do you only play as a spellcaster?

12. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For just single player RPG's my character would depend on the level I'm playing the game, for example if I were playing on normal I'd probably focus more on dps and level my skills & damage overall just so I could get through the game faster. If I were playing on like hard mode or nightmare mode depending on the game I'd maybe focus more on health and such, but still on damage and skills too, I'd be more toward the tank side... Also I myself usually like my first characters to wear heavy armor, I've always been a heavy armor fan, I know a lot of my friends who play are more into medium armor and dps.

13. jam93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kind of depends on the game. If they only have a few options, say fighter, rogue, mage, then I'll usually go for mage. If they have more options and there is some kind of gish type class that mixed magic and melee I'll usually go for that. Basicly if I have the option for both magic and melee I'll take that, but If I have to choose I want to throw fireballs.

14. bruh

bruh Guest

I feel, nothing like blasting a group of enemies straight to hell all at once, especially when push comes to shove and you punch back

15. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Outside of focusing on specific traits depending on if the character specializes in them (ex: magic user needs more in magic related stats), I normally focus on HP, attack, and then I'm more equal with character defense and speed (if they have a higher amount of HP, I focus a bit more on speed but if they have a decently low hp stat even if I do spend time to supplement it somewhat, I focus on defense)

16. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Again, it all depends on the specific game. I don't play the same on all RPGs. lol

17. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Usually try to concentrate in upping HP and attack, I'm not normally one who raises defense but usually compensate for that with equipped armor or high HP. It really depends on the game and class, character, though.

18. bruh

bruh Guest

recently decided to place strength above HP, but defense is still the main priority