1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accidentally Suggested a Really Expensive Date.. Help!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hillwanderer, Nov 14, 2017.

1. hillwanderer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I went out with someone for the first time, and it was wonderful. We hit it off and it's obvious that we like each other a lot. So I suggested another date in which we do something that she mentioned on the first date (let's call it racquetball), and she promptly accepted and said she was excited, which was awesome. But then I realized that this activity is actually very expensive, and since I suggested the date, I feel like it's my responsibility to pay for both of us. It would be close to $100, which I think is excessive for a second date where both parties are young and probably don't make a lot (I know I don't). I know it was really stupid of me to suggest this activity before checking how much it would actually cost, but I guess I just assumed that it would be reasonable, and I was excited because it seemed like the perfect idea since she specifically mentioned being interested in doing it. What should I do? If I go back on it now, I'll look like a jerk who doesn't want to pay for anything. :frowning2:

2. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could simply ask her before the date occurs if she would be willing to split the cost with you because it is more expensive than you thought...

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I think you could ask to split it or suggest a less-expensive option. I think she would have to be really snobbish to think you must spend $100.