1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Yes, sad to say, homosexuals are still being threatened with death.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by brainwashed, Oct 9, 2017.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    #1 brainwashed, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Religion does more harm than good. This isn't always the case but from my perspective whenever I meet a religious family over a non religious family I've noticed there's more dysfunction in the religious family. Madalyn Murray O'Hair had it all right on religion.

3. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think that religion should exist, i am not religious but if irrational people wouldn't be like that, would be thinking that kill and do bad things it is okay; too many people in Cuba and North Korea got no religion and see how lost are those countries; i don't believe in religion even but it is necessary in some point. In those countries is sad see how that can become in a stupid fanatism, but yeah, is really bad when very religious people got the power (i feel that leaders should got neutral opinions). I find stupid kill or mistreat a person because her/his sexuality; love has no gender and it is hot, i find hot and cute kiss a girl; and some people can find hot and cute seeing two men kissing, i don't see really the problem.

4. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not to downplay what may be in this article (honestly, I don't feel like reading it) but, in countries where Sharia is law gays are being killed outright. They'll kicked them off of high buildings. People are stoned to death and beheaded. Why doesn't anyone in the media seem to be making a big enough deal out of this? Over here, at best, threats are usually the farthest most people are willing to go.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's always gonna be homophobes.

6. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Awww, they are so cute. I think an extremist ideology is to blame.

7. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The main reason the US doesn't do anything to protest them is because many of those countries with Sharia law are our regional allies in that part of the world. The administration has to play nice to them to get them to support US interests. It sucks big time, but that's politics for you.

8. Fedora Mun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We wouldent have to be allies with them if the environmentalists would let us drill for our own oil, the US has the largest oil reserves in the world (larger than the entire middle east) and yet we cant drill it because people throw a tantrum that we are making holes in the deserts of Texas.

9. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It isn't just environmentalists that hinder oil drilling in the US, it's also the fact that the majority of the oil reserves in this country are shale oils. Shale oil is more expensive to extract because its more difficult to get to than the crude oil from the Middle East, which is much more easily accessible and thus more cheaply extracted. There may not be a major drive to access the US shale reserves until crude from the OPEC nations starts drying up and becomes more expensive. In this case it boils down to the numbers.

Ideally we could spend more of our resources developing clean energy technologies, that way we can get ourselves off of oil entirely. Of course the very wealthy oil industry does everything in its power to slow progress on that front to a halt. But we'll eventually have no choice once the world's oil reserves run out, so might as well get a jump start on the next viable energy sources.

10. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There have been more deaths caused by religion than any other reason in all history. In my opinion religion should be illegal, but beliefs are perfectly fine. If religion didn't exist, the world be much better than anyone can fathom.

As for oil reserves, it has been documented that in less than a century, we have run through approximately half of the worlds oil reserves. Where are we going to be a century from now assuming the human race isn't destroyed by nuclear war yet. WW3 is coming and it's gonna be nuclear, biological, and chemical warfare. In a nutshell: we're fucked.

#10 Blackangel, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  11. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just now read the full article, and even I'm crying. Theirs is one of the most heart warming stories I've ever heard.

12. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with you on religion as it's often used as an excuse by the closed minded and bigoted to justify their mistreatment of people they don't like. But I feel your last few sentences are a bit pessimistic.The US and USSR came to within a hairs breadth of starting a nuclear war back in the 60s, but didn't. I prefer to think optimistically about our chances. We'll make it without blowing ourselves off the globe.

#12 Elendil, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  13. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree that it's pessimistic, but I honestly believe that that's where we're headed. To me, it's inevitable.

14. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is a lot of evil done in the name of religion and there is a lot of good done in the name of religion.
    Both good and bad people use religion to inspire and or justify their beliefs and deeds.

Religious people can justify any came, no matter how ridiculous, by saying "God says so".

Whether it is a dental of facts like 'the world is 6000 years old' or this or that group of people are evil. These people need to be told in no uncertain terms that there are using religion to support their personal delusions and hate.

15. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Damn. Thanks for taking the time to explain. I appreciate it.

16. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I understand the fuss made when oil companies want to build on Native land but beyond that, I have a hard time sympathizing with the environmentalists. Most of them come off as plain crazy. I wonder if they make a ruckus when America imports its oil from other countries. I wonder how many of them still heat their homes up with gas and oil.

17. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As sad as that thought is, it's still refreshing to find out about people's love stories and how they got past everything and fulfilled their dreams at the end of the day. It gives me hope for a normal future.

18. cibi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    religion is poison. unfortunately humans are too intelligent for their own good and need this explanation for where we came from why we are here etc, so we made up a bunch of horseshit ot help us with this. thats okay but when peopel start chopping off heads in the name of an all loving god that is when it must be pointed out that religion is probably worse than a nuclear a bomb when it comes to destruction.

19. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow! what a terrible blanket statement to make.

20. cibi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    walk me through your genius then.