1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once Upon A Time Season 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Loves books, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Loves books

So I saw the first episode of season 7 on Netflix and the show is now a photocopy of season 1. Same book, same memory spell, another long lost kid, another evil woman and another saviour who doesn't believe. I really hope it doesn't take the whole season to break the curse because this is supposed to be the last season. Also they have been there done that. Do they have to retell the whole thing except with a gender swap. Also where's Emma? I can get the actress didn't want to come back but you can't have Captain Hook without Emma. The show is kind of messed up.

2. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Emma was in episode two. It actually works out how Hook can be there without her.

I'm giving this season a chance even though I don't think it's as good as the rest of the series has been, but it doesn't look promising.

Although, I have to say, I don't like Henry and Cinderella as a couple. They have no chemistry. At least all the other couples have been believable, but I just can't see a spark between Henry and Cindy.

I also agree with you about the curse. I really hope it breaks soon.

#2 BothWaysSecret, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  3. Loves books

Yeah Henry and Cinderella really isn't working they don't have any spark between them. That could just be bad writers or just the actors have literally no chemistry. They can't change that now. I like the kid though but she looks nothing like either of her parents.

4. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly, I think most of the new cast are not very good at acting.

The guy that plays Henry is okay. Granted, I'm used to him as Gareth from The Walking Dead, so seeing him play a sane, nice character is new. He's okay, but could be better at capturing the spirit of Henry.

5. Flowey

I don't like Lucy. She's annoying. Belive this, believe that..ughhh. Back when young Henry did that, it was still tolerable because everything was fresh and new. There was more chemistry (can I use that word for platonic relationship?) between Emma and Henry than between Henry and Lucy. And nothing's gonna top the clock moving moment in season 1. The growing flowers moment just doesn't have that magical feel. Jacinda is...meh. The stepmother has a grating voice and terribly stiff acting. I don't feel any charisma from her at all and I keep getting the feeling someone is pulling her strings.
    The only bright spot is Regina/Roni. Even when she's good, she acts more like a threat than the stepwhathername.

All in all, I'm really disappointed with this season. It's like a badly written fanfic. I sure hope are smart enough to end this memory losing thing mid-season. And this Tiana'd better be from New Orleans!!!!

6. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I completely agree. The clock hand moving was one of my favorite moments. I was just thinking the other day how Regina/Roni is still one of the good points on the show, and I'm sure Rumple will be once he gets his memories back.

I truly feel that the writing/plot ideas for this season are still interesting, I just think they picked bad actors and actresses to carry it out, so it's not as strong as it should be. If they had picked better people it might be as good as the rest of the series.

#6 BothWaysSecret, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  7. GalleyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Let's face it villains all went downhill after Peter Pan, Hades was okay but he was no Regina/ Rumplestiltskin/ Peter Pan bad guy, if you get what I mean.

8. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Agreed. Hades was a letdown. Maleficent and Cruella were good though, in my opinion.

My least favorite villains have been Ursula, Ingrid, and the current iteration of Lady Tremaine.

9. Loves books

I think the reason Henry and Lucy have no chemistry is due to the storyline. When Henry showed up Emma believed he was her son because she remembered having a son. Henry doesn't remember Lucy. The show went downhill after leaving storybook. I don't get the new bad guy. Cinderellas stepmother never had magic so I don't feel so threatened.

10. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, this last episode was great. Sad, but great. Felt just like the old OUAT I know and love.

It may be the beginning of saving this season.

11. Flowey

I watched it last night. Yeah, it was great indeed

12. GalleyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    OMG! How could i I forget Cruella!!! She was hilarious! Her line, 'but there's a very good reason, you see, I'm a terrible person' is legit my favorite line of that series!

13. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She was one of my favorites. I really wish Henry had taken her up on her request to be resurrected. I mis her snark.

14. mituaski

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I may be one of the few who is enjoying this new season?

I kind of stopped watching a while back after the whole Underworld thing with Season 5. There was so much potential there that I don't think was explored entirely

I recently caught up on Thanksgiving weekend and Season 6 was so much better. I'm loving Season 7 so far.

I may be biased because of Hook though...

15. GlassWalls

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's not enough swanqeen in season 7...

16. Loves books

So I was watching some old episodes of once upon a time. How did Cinderella go from being a blonde and married with a kid to who she is now. Did they forget they already did Cinderella and try and do her again. They should have done rapunzel I think someone who could have been her only appeared in one episode. Also does pochahontas count as a Disney character. They had Mulan why not pochahontas.

17. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm enjoying it as well. The first few episodes were not great, but the more recent episodes have been really good. Loved the Rapunzel twist!

I really want Henry and Drizella as a couple. I can't stand the new Cinderella. Even though she's supposed to be his wife, i can't see it. There's so much more chemistry between Henry and Drizella than there is him and Cinderella.

18. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This Cinderella is a completely different Cinderella. A while back, Henry discovered blank storybooks in the Sorcerer's mansion, and he also mentioned to Regina that there's different versions of the same fairy tale (say a French version of Cinderella, and an Italian one). So several versions of the same character can exist because each Author tells the story differently. The original, blonde Cinderella that we saw in earlier seasons still exists, She's back in Storybrooke. The one in Hyperion Heights is a completely different person despite being the same character.

While Pocahontas can be counted as a Disney character, the film was not historically accurate. Plus the creators of OUAT have said they don't want to do Pocahontas because she was a real person and wouldn't want to follow in Disney's footsteps and alter actual events just so she could fit on the show. Mulan is based on legends, so they can get away with tweaking that character to their liking because we don't know if a real Mulan existed or not.

#18 BothWaysSecret, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  19. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like how they are bringing in alternative versions of characters we've already seen, such as the Cinderella lot. There are plenty of stories that have have not been used, they should just introduce new characters, not new versions of existing characters.

And what ever happened to that girl Henry liked when he was younger? Violet or something - the knight's daughter. I thought she was going to end up being someone special, but she seems to have been forgotten about.

20. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Totally agree about reusing characters. They haven't even touched Lion King, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Emperors New Groove, Tarzan, Jungle Book, or Winnie the Pooh yet, and I think some of them could work very well on the show.

I think even Sleepy Hallow/Headless Horseman would be cool. As would Dracula. They've already done Frankenstein and Jekyll and Hyde, why not these guys?

I'd even like to see Shrek on the show. It fits with the whole fairy-tale aspect, plus Rumplestiltskin was in the fourth movie, so it would fit. It doesn't have to be Disney related (Since Shrek is Dreamworks).