1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been fine with being single but you also want a someone to share your life with?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BelieveinLove, Oct 16, 2017.

1. BelieveinLove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm 23 and bout to graduate college. I've been single for a couple of years and life is great. I have great friends, great family and my mom is finally coming round to the idea that I'm a lesbian. I'm not the type of person who needs a relationship to be happy, I'm at the point in my life where I'm happy with the person I've become and where I am in life. Maybe I just live in a small town but I'm having trouble meeting people to date and I'm just ready to meet someone to share my life with. I don't even know why I'm posting this. I don't know if I'm looking for advice or to just share my feelings. All I know is I've tried every dating app in the book and nothing has worked.

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I feel the same way. It's really hard to meet people especially since I hate dating apps and they seem to never work :/ I feel for you.

3. larkmary

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there, the dating services really stink. I did find local groups for a while one I was told about from a friend of mine. I ended up with my best friend that I grew up with. I was married for a short time and found love with my maid of honor. We are getting engaged and we have known each other since we are 5 and 6 years old, we lived on the same block. Now I will be getting a wife and a personal barberette that loves short hair. If it makes her happy then she can cut my hair off as she wishes.

#3 larkmary, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  4. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Whether you want a relationship or not, its always great to take the time to reflect on yourself and realize some people are meant to be single and others are not. There isnt anything wrong with being single and sometimes dating apps especially LGBT oriented ones are really just hook up apps and arent a good place to meet somebody.

5. larkmary

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a relationship with my very best friend but did not realize it until after I had married a man and had two children with him. Then she helped me out of the closet shall we say. After being with her many years we broke up because I did not want my children to have a hard time about my sexual preference, now my kids are grown up so we are finally going to get married and I have a lifetime of free hairucts, lol.

#5 larkmary, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  6. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could have written this post. I have never been the type of person who feels the need to be in a relationship and for a very long time I avoided them, but now that I have gotten my life together and that I am pretty much where I want to be in life and am embracing the person I am and my sexuality, I am starting to think that, maybe, it could be nice to have someone.

I have actually met quite a few people (ladies) through dating apps and there is one in particular that I quite like and that I definitely see a potential with (thing that never happened before) though we are still just at the "getting to know you phase" so do not lose hope because dating apps can work.

Joining LGBT groups and going to LGBT related events could help, but really you could also easily meet someone doing anything you like doing so my biggest advice would be to not pass up on any opportunity you are given to go out and enjoy life. Lesbians still dated pre-internet so dating apps are only just "one way" to meet people and definitely not the only one, nor necessarily the easiest one.

Good luck!

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's how I feel everyday.

8. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

I know exactly how you feel. I'm perfectly content being single, and my asexual tendencies make it so that I prefer being alone. However, lately I've been thinking about how it might be nice to have a significant other to share life and experiences with. I'm not ready yet though...I'm not there yet. I need to work on myself a bit more before I can commit to someone else...it wouldn't be fair for them otherwise.

9. shyjess

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel the same. I sometimes want to date and mingle but can't due to my speech impediment and anxiety. It's also hard to find someone who will understand your mental illness and other issues.

10. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel the same. I feel fine being single and I feel like it gives me a lot more freedom in my daily life. Still, I think I'd enjoy being in a relationship as well. It's not a huge deal if it doesn't happen, but I think it'd be nice.

11. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No. I'm 19. I don't want to have a relationship now and neither do I plan one for the long-term future. If I do, it'll be after getting a stable career and house.

12. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah. Itd be great to have a bf, but I don't care enough to put any effort into finding guys aha

13. Twist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, in my case I was single and -didn't- want a relationship. And then this really bossy and super hot guy walked up and started making demands.

Turns out? He's just what I needed. We've been together over 9 years now.

14. Gideon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *Slow, slow grin* Mine man...

15. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I prefer being single and don't like people well enough to date, but if I met someone and things headed that direction, I wouldn't complain.

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, can definitely relate...

Lately it seems like the only good matches I can find are full day drives away. Might meet 'em once a month, and it's fun, but still...once a month...

17. GreyAuburn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely, it's just too bad I can't keep a boyfriend/girlfriend for much more than 4 to 6 hours. I'm fine though, my siblings, cousins, dogs and cats make sure I don't get bored.

18. jam93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Man, this sounds familiar. Most people of the time I really like being single. I'm an introvert, I like having time to myself. I like not having any real commitments, and being able to do what I want in my free time. But other times I just feel lonely. I wish I had someone to share my life with. Someone to hold me when I'm sad, laugh with when I'm habby, and just generally be with regardless of how I feel. There's a part of me that thinks that level of commitment would be good for me, but also part of me that finds that kind of entanglement terrifying.

19. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    *signs under* Ditto, apart from'don't like'.

20. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I've been that way for a while. More recently I've wanted a relationship but thanks to college, I would hardly have the time to maintain one currently/