1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My gender identity keeps changing and I’m confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by OwOMeDaddy, Oct 13, 2017.

1. OwOMeDaddy

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Recently I started feeling uncomfortable as a female (I am biologically female). So I started to explore gender identities more and found I identify more as male. That was good for a while and I even came out to my close friends and have started going by Leo (rather than Leoni) . Now I’ve been feeling a bit unsure that being male is really what I want. I feel more feminine right now.. if that makes sense?? This isn’t the first time this has a happened but this time I felt more connection(??) with male pronouns.

I honestly have no idea what to make of this and I’m really confused on what to do... any help would be appreciated

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gender expression (masculinity/femininity) does not equal gender identity (male/female). For example, a person can still be male and be feminine.

Spot and newts like this.
  3. Zoe Kay

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You may be nonbinary (like me!) so these shifts can be very normal. Of course if you are younger this is also possible for CIS people. I recommend journaling your experiences and reading them from time to time so you can figure it all out.

XX Zoe

4. OwOMeDaddy

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The idea of recording my experiences seems helpful... I will try it and see if anything comes more clear... thanks

Zoe Kay likes this.
  5. Resistant

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you have more than one personality?

6. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People with multiple personalities (or DID) are almost always unaware that they have the condition and it's usually brought to their attention by relatives or friends...the host (or original personality) usually doesn't have any memories of the alters 'taking over' as the alters exist to help the host escape reality (hence the Dissociative in Dissociative Identity Disorder) and therefore, they would simply experience a lapse in time until they regain control. Plus, DID is usually the result of severe trauma. So there's no way OP could have DID based on the info they've shared.

I think more information is needed as it all depends on your definition of male and female as well as transitioning. What does 'being a boy' and 'being a girl' mean to you? Do you want a penis, a flat chest? Do you want to be addressed as he/him, called by a male name? Why do you think you feel this way? Is it because you think it'd be easier being a boy because of gender stereotypes or because you just feel like your body is wrong? Would you be willing to undergo Sex Reassignment Surgery and Hormone Replacement Therapy? Do you think you'd be happier if you had the secondary sex characteristics that came with testosterone (e.g. body and facial hair, an Adam's apple)?

#6 Spot, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Aberrance likes this.
  7. OwOMeDaddy

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I guess my views on female/male and boy/girl are basic?? Female and male are biological terms whereas boy and girl are more in your head- they’re identities.

When it comes to my body sometimes I wish my voice was deeper or that I had a flatter chest and a more masculine frame. But other times I feel like I’d rather have have longer hair and a prettier face. It changes a lot. The only thing I don’t really care about is my vagina- it’s just there and that’s cool I guess???