1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have any tattoos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maya100, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Maya100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love tattoos so I wanna hear your tattoo stories!

Do you have any tattoos? If so, how many? What do they mean to you and how old were you when you got them?

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There were many similar threads created here, but that doesn't make your thread any less important, or less valuable :slight_smile:

I currently have 4 tattoos, and planning on getting a fifth one end November. I'm super excited, it's bound to look epic. The ones I currently have are: Semicolon behind my right ear; faith-love-hope (cross, heart, anchor) on my right inner forearm; a monster-worm on my right ankle and a silhouette of a galloping horse on my left shoulder blade. The one I'm planning to get is a dragon surrounded by hibiscus flowers, on my left outer forearm. I'm leaving the design to my artist. Just hope it'll look as nice as I picture it in my head, but I trust her. I mean, it's what she does for a living, so she will know how to incorporate the flowers to the dragon.

And as a sidenote: I may have scored her a client too. A lady at the grocery store asked me how much the semicolon behind my ear hurt and I told her I didn't really feel anything. She looked a bit skeptical but that's okay. She said she wants to get the same one and so I gave her my artist's number and directed her to my artist's shop. So here's hoping I scored her a client.

3. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No i wouldn't like too; first that hurts much and second, i feel that my skin is really beautiful for have one of those on it.

4. Maya100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Opps, I should have figured this thread had been made 100 times over before! Thanks for being kind though :slight_smile:

Your tattoos sound amazing! I love the horse one and the dragon idea sounds wonderful. I only have 1 tattoo and also left it up to the artist but I gave some idea of what I wanted and it turned out great. I hope you can post us a photo when you get the dragon (If that's even allowed?), I'd love to see it.

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the symbol of the Alliance (from World of Warcraft) in my right shoulder. In a few days it will be 1 month old. :slight_smile:

6. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have over 20 and I'm still not done. I will be fully sleeved long before I'm done. My tattoos all have meaning for me. I don't have anything because it's "cool". Nor will I.

7. Maya100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, I think every tattoo should have a meaning. My next one is for a now ex-girlfriend of mine, she took her own life which is why she's an ex, but yeah, I want something in memory of her. I used to be against having words,sentences or lyrics as tattoos because I thought a picture could say more than words ever could but that's changed and now I can't think of any better way than words to express myself, Funny how things change so drastically.

8. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh no! I'm sooo sorry you had to go through that :frowning2: I think it's great that you want a tattoo in memory of her. She must have been exceptional, and it's always sad to lose someone near and dear to us, even more so if it's through suicide. I have the semicolon tattoo (as mentioned in my previous post), which is for depression/suicide/self harm awareness. You can Google "the semicolon project", which will give you a better idea of what it's about. Maybe get the semicolon together with a short phrase. Just be sure to use large enough and easily legible font so that if the ink runs, you can still read it (black ink usually doesn't run too much, that's why you see artists using black outlines for most tattoos),. But your artist should tell you that anyway. Enjoy your tattoo, I think you're a great person for wanting to do something like that. Hugs

9. Maya100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you @Ruby Dragon I think that's a great idea! I will certainly look into it :slight_smile:

10. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not yet but I'm getting my first one in a couple weeks. Very exciting.

11. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not a fan of tats tbh, I don't like the idea of that constant scratching into my skin or having something permanently branded onto me for life. I like drawing on myself and temporary tattoos are fun but I'm just not up to that sort of commitment haha! Still more power to you if you're up for that. I'm not judgey it's just never been my thing!

12. Twist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no tattoos. I do have a decorative scarring of a leafy vine along the bottom of my foot, though. It was a work in progress from the age of 14 up to my early/mid-twenties. My partner helped me to stop my cutting, and thus the design will remain unfinished.

13. Jonimarie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have 4. But want so much more. I have a motto I kind of live by - it helps me. I come from a very dark and tragic past and my personal motto is "From darkness blooms the pretty flowers" so all my tattoos kind of symbolize that or revolve around that mostly. My first was a vine with flowers that stretches from arm pit to lower hip on my right side (kind of meant to be the beginning of growth and healing). Then I got a clover over my heart (I got that for my husband - because I've been lucky in love in more ways than one - and he is Irish). Then I got a dark blue and purple flower on my shoulder - as a reminder of my motto and my past. And last I got a tribal phoenix with it's tail on fire on my left calf (that symbols my strength - as I rise out the dirt and fire)

14. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have any tattoos, but I've thought about getting my zodiac sign from time to time. Maybe on my shoulder or bicep were I can easily hide it at work.

15. Jonimarie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The way I thought about it is - if I had to think about it on and off like that - and I wasn't sure - don't get it. Because your mind will change later on about how you feel about. - And my tattoos are hidden as well. Although I am about to get one on the inside of my forearm.

16. junebug99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have two. Planning a third. Can't wait. All my tattoos mean something to me. I think that's why I like them so much.

17. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I am mostly into text tattoos. I have words that convey helpful feelings. For example on my right bicep I have "POWER", right forearm "PRIDE", left bicep "STRENGTH", left forearm "LINEAGE", and across my shoulders "HERITAGE". Those aren't the only text tattoos I have, but they are probably the most meaningful. If I can ever get off my lazy ass to take a few pics I'll post them somewhere, and PM a link to anyone interested. Unless I can just stick them in a post here?

18. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just some words of advice to you and anyone else looking at getting inked:

Print out a picture of what you're thinking about getting and put it somewhere where you'd see it every day, maybe even several times a day. If, after about a month or two, you're still not tired of seeing it, then get it as a tattoo. Never do anything rash because you might end up regretting it later on, even if it doesn't seem like it right now.

I got my first tattoo, a Chinese "dragon" astrology sign in 2007. I knew I wanted a tattoo but didn't know what I want to get. So I walked into the shop, flipped through the files and saw that tattoo. I said to the artist, "I want that one" and I went and got it done. I eventually had it covered up last year because I felt it was outdated. So that's another word of advice. Don't get anything that's currently "trending" because it will go out of fashion someday and you'll also end up regretting it. Get something of personal meaning to you, but don't get it on impulse.

The fact that you want to tattoo your zodiac sign, says that it's got personal meaning to you, which is great. Just make sure that you really want to get that particular design. I hope you find peace in your decision and that you won't end up regretting it later on. Just remember: Cover-ups are much larger than the tattoo getting covered up, and laser removal is painful and expensive. So you need to be 110% sure that that is the one you really want to get permanently inked on your skin. I wish you all the best, and hope that you'd be happy with your new ink :slight_smile:

19. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Ruby Dragon is right on the mark. NEVER get something trending. If you did that everyone would have an arm band and a barcode.

If you see something you only think is cool, I would recommend strongly against it. I personally can tell you the significance of every single tattoo I have. There are a couple that some people would think are just something "cool", but for me at least, they're meaningful.

20. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the advice Ruby Dragon, I appreciate it! I feel that my zodiac sign says a lot about me since I seem to embody many of the traits associated with it. So it is very personal to me.