1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone I start talking to eventually stops talking to me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Aptiva, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have lost track of all the guys I met online in my area who I have talked to. I met them through various online outlets and I was interested in them all and I thought they were interested in me (it seemed like it when I was talking to them) but they all eventually stopped talking to me after a few days.

I have no idea why. I don't think I'm saying anything to put them off, I'm not ignoring them at any point. They just drop off the face of the Earth after a while and I don't understand why. Like I said, I've spoken to numerous guys and every single one of them has stopped talking to me out or the blue, with no explanation.

Does anyone have any ideas of why this might be?

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it is anything you are doing wrong. People like to mess around on online dating sites (from what I hear.) They could be just playing the field so to speak. Don't take it personally. *hug*

3. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    One major reason I don't consider online dating - too many hookups, attention seeker or fakes.

Ever thought about changing you dating style and go to Gay/LGBT groupmeetings
    or go to a hobby meetup you like and wear a LGBT/Pride button?
    If your country is not LGBT supportive and/or there is no group meeting,
    maybe start one yourself if it's safe enough?

4. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh honey it might just be what you are telling them.
    If you are like me and prefer long term commuted relationship as the receptive effeminate bottom chances are you will be getting shot down quickly 99 out of 100 times.
    Social media has become the cruise spot of these modern times and the men who frequent the hook up sites are mainly looking for quicky one time affairs rather than anything meaningful.
    Asking too many personal questions will often buzzkill them quicker than anything, 'Are you married?', 'Do you like to date?', "Will you pay for dinner?', all these can quickly kill the conversation.
    Ever notice how the conversations often start with, "Hi" 'Hi there', "So what do you like to do?" 'Well, I like to ride Llamas in the mountains of Peru and paint unicorns on the sides of VW Beetles.' will kill a 'conversation' faster than anything.

Anyway, keep chatting, eventually you'll find the ones who know how to hold their own in a real conversation. :slight_smile:

5. Maya100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've found no one who is really serious on online dating which is why I've stopped looking online.
    I agree with finding some LGBT groups in your area or even a gay bar, but in my experience (not everyone) but a lot of people are looking for hook-ups there too.

6. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with you. This kind of thing happens a lot on dating websites and apps. They were likely looking for a hookup and decided to go for an easier conquest; which, on another note, is an incredibly dangerous thing to do. After reading this story about a guy hooking up with people on ###### and deliberately infecting them with HIV, I've taken a large step backwards from the dating sites.

Maya100 likes this.