1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to buy this terrified of getting caught

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AlexJames, Oct 6, 2017.

1. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a question. A very important question. If i order a binder to try from amazon, what will the packaging look like? Will it be shipped as Underworks or Amazon? If i'm like at work and mom has to leave it on the counter or the steps, and someone reads the package label to make sure its not for them, will there be anything on it to say that its from underworks and that its a binder? I plan to order it so it will arrive when i have two days off, but you never know. I ordered a set of dvds from them and they arrived on time, but that is the only order that i have bought from them. The shirt i wanted to test amazon shippping some more is out of stock. This is just something i want to try cause the idea of buying one to try keeps coming back to me, and honestly it bothers that shirts from my favorite sections don't fit me like i want them to. This is a really loaded question cause literally if mom finds out i will get kicked out never mind that there is a 50/50 chance if i told dad he would not care. And if i get kicked out idk if i could take that. I've literally plotted my death as an escape option just in case for years since i nearly got kicked out last time over something as dumb as being enrolled in school versus wanting mental help.

Edit - this is the binder i have saved. https://www.amazon.com/Underworks-Extreme-Tri-Top-Binder-983/dp/B01M4RLZMC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1504279270&sr=8-2&keywords=underworks+ftm&th=1&psc=1 I saved it ages ago. Probably picked it cause i've heard the full length ones can roll up and i imagine with me getting hot easy, a half length will be easier to wear. I've heard underworks recommended a lot and this one was rated good, probably why i saved it. But honeslty i'm open to any good brand name binder, idk what i'm doing lol. I'm like a B and a half cup aka like 34 inch chest so i'm not that big to begin with, if that matters at all. Regardless of how i turn out to view wearing one, i just wanna try it. I need to try it, at this point. I have no friends to take the order at their door for me.

#1 AlexJames, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you say it's a sports bra?

3. Maya100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't ordered anything like that before but anything I have ever ordered from amazon has never said what is inside. If it did it could be picked up by people wanting to steal the contents, especially if something is left with a neighbour so from amazon's point of view they do not want to make it obvious what's inside. If you're still concerned, which I can understand if you are, you could always contact the seller and ask them to send in plain packaging?

BiDragon likes this.
  4. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow ok coool. So is that their policy, then? Ok. That's good to know your experience with them. Thank you!

5. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe. I'd have to come up with a good but loose lie to explain should she ask why tho. She sees no reason to shop anywhere but walmart.

6. SomecallhimTim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Another option could be to ask a friend if you can ship it to their house. That's what I did with mine.

BiDragon likes this.
  7. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't have any friends. Socially awkward plus its hard to trust people with everything my mom's said and done. And being totally in the closet just makes all that worse. I couldn't make a friend and then have to pretend with them.

8. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't have to agree with her that there aren't cool things online.

9. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah i know. Been there cut over that years ago. Literally, i had that phase a couple years ago. It was within the six months before being denied mental help by my mom and nearly kicked out. Sorry i'm sleep deprived and its 1am and i have work tomorrow. Its just hard making up lies for her because while she still has no clue i'm gay cause i like girls, somehow, she does at least know my shopping habits. I think I might just order it and try to time it for when i get two days off in a row. And hope to god it works. I can tell her i ordered shirts. And actually order shirts and time them to arrive around then too.

10. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a good idea to say it's shirts. Good luck!

AlexJames likes this.
  11. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey LunarLyric,

You may not need to involve another friend at all. I believe that Amazon offers drop-box services where you can pick up your package at a local business that is a pre-designated Amazon Locker (check out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910840).

If one (or several) are available in your area (or even within a reasonable driving distance from you), you can have your package delivered there and your family and friends need never know.

Just a thought...

#11 Quantumreality, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Maya100 and Reciprocal like this.
  12. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow really? That's cool I'll look into it! I think I've got a good plan but a backup is always a good idea.

Quantumreality likes this.
  13. Cinnamon Bunny

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @LunarLyric I have some Amazon parcles lying around I checked 3 different ones. Even if it's fulfilled by Amazon (I almost always use prime shipping) it will say in very small text the name of the seller for the return address (in your case Underworks) on the white shipping label. This is so unnoticeable I didn't even realize this and I order a lot of stuff for business. The parcel itself should either come in a plain yellow bubble envelope or a brown Amazon box with tape that will say "Amazon". There will be NO indication of what is inside. No fancy advertisements, logos, or descriptions will be on the parcke itself. At least for items fulfilled by Amazon. The only clue is the sender's name on the return address which is required by law at least for US mail.

Unless your parents are nosy, they won't know anything. If you are that scared though, I recommend using the drop-box service.

#13 Cinnamon Bunny, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  14. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow ok tysm!! This is what I was looking for. I'll look at the item's page and the drop box offer later after work. Idk how to tell if it's fulfilled by amazon or not I'll have to figure it out. Shouldn't be too hard.

Maya100 likes this.
  15. Maya100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm wishing you luck. Let us know how it goes

AlexJames likes this.