1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. anthracite

anthracite Guest

My body fat dropped a few percent ^^

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    went into Walmart yesterday to get numbing cream for my laser treatments, ended up walking out with the cream and a new dress.

Crisalide likes this.
  3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Officially have health insurance and checked myself in with the local clinic. First step done. Next step is a new patient appointment and I'll be talking to my doctor about getting on HRT.

looking for me and newts like this.
  4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Now this is a big one. I openly debated for trans rights the first time.

It was me, my liberal friend (only one who knows my status), a leftie and another right wing guy.

The other right wing guy said that now Ehe für alle (gay marriage) is there, LGBT demonstrations are no longer needed.

I said he was wrong, that transpeople pay up to 3000€ for name change.

He stared at me in disbelieve. "Why? Where the fuck is health insurance?"

"They're not paying." I said.

"But transgenders are not to blame for what they are. It's really not fair to make them pay like that."

And this very same guy would love to have Bismarck and the eastern territory back. Sometimes you find tolerance in unexpected places.

Crisalide likes this.
  5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    went to a follow up for my surgery back in august, every thing is great. the doctor is quite pleased. then i went to my gender doctor, got my spiro doubled, and found out that i am on the highest level of patches available so, now it's a matter of time. hope im well developed by april when i plan on going full time.

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    just checking out my haul from a trip to a new second hand clothing store, i got 5 dresses, and a nice skirt a couple of them were designer, calvin kline for 15$; only paid 44$ in total and the service was excellent, and i even was brave enough to tell them it was for me.

#4246 looking for me, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  7. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok HUGH victory.
    I got a call this morning from Camh. they are the hospital that my province uses to do the assessments for getting Gender Confirmation Surgery covered by the provincial health plan, stating that I am on the wait list and wanting to confirm my mailing address so I can get the information packet that i'll need. HOLY MACKREL, this is fantastic. I know they have a long wait list but I'm on it..... yyyaaayyyyy

8. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ohmygod congratulations! Well deserved.

looking for me likes this.
  9. Maya100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am actually grinning from ear to ear after seeing this! Amazing news and so happy for you!

10. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Slowly but surely figuring out my gender identity, as my newly updated signature shows. Speaking of updates, why does a picture have to be moderated before posting? I don't get it. Anyways, today i put on my new outfit that i bought and i loved it. I actually looked in the mirror and felt happy, like i was seeing myself for once and that never happens. Its nothing much, and none of its even from the guy's section but its an outfit i associate with guys. The inspiration came from my harry potter obsession, but its just black pants, an old white polo, and a green sweater vest. Well i call it a sweater vest, the label says its a tank top but its cut like a sweater vest with a round head hole. Its from the juniors section and it was on sale and i bought it cause idk if i'd have the opportunity to try on something i've always wanted to try on when they sell out of it. There're literally outfit types i've always loved and never had the guts to buy and try on, and this is one of them.

#4250 AlexJames, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    DarkPrince likes this.
  11. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you so excited

12. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    me too, im like omg omg omg...

13. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this is actually getting scary exciting. got a call as i was leaving work from the voice theraapy clinic in the city for training my voice to be more feminine. i have an appointment for tuesday

14. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Keep the momentum going! So happy for you!

15. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I finally have my surgery tomorrow!(oral, don't worry nothing exciting or cool)

16. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I got myself a soldier's cut. And it actually works! I even got read as 18 (or they just don't care about buying ages).

17. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I realized something really important yesterday, with the help of another member on here. Sometimes i dress up real nice (for me anyways) and do my hair, put on a nice blouse and pants, and find matching jewelry. Normally i just throw my hair up and out of the way, put on a t-shirt and jeans, and wear the only necklace i ever wear - my game of thrones necklace. But whenever i would dress up it felt uncomfortable and i'm finally putting words to the feelings. It felt like i was pretending, like i was tryign to be something i wasn't, and i didn't do it because i genuinely wanted to. I did it because i wanted to feel confident and like i belonged as i was. But it would stress me out more than anything b/c i felt like i had to constantly check myself and second guess myself.

So yeah. I've never enjoyed dressing up real nice, like any normal girl seems to do on the daily, and i finally realized why. Way too late it seems. Still trying to figure out if i'm transmasculine or genderfluid. I relate to both, although the only one that gave me a 'rush' so to say and instantly made me gravitate to it was transmasculine. I don't feel female, but at the same time i have a rare few feminine traits and i don't feel completely male, so i can't and don't think it would be right to call myself transgender. I feel like i mostly relate to guys, always have really. But i grew up in survival mode basically, so i never had the opportunity to question much less explore anything. So i'm doing that now. Quite proud of my progress so far.

OH YEAH today i said two comparing phrases in the shower aloud - cause that's the only time i feel safe doing that. "I'm a guy not a girl" and vice versa, to see how they felt. Cause that's the best aloud feeling practice i can get at the moment. And that's solidified my opinions. I can't put a word to it other than 'odd' but calling myself a girl felt odd, don't know it well enough to label what it is but its the same feeling i get when people call me my real name. Sorry for the rant i'm just happy about my progress and excited about where things are going. Hopefully i can work up the courage to order a binder on amazon to try soon.

looking for me and DarkPrince like this.
  18. Differentisgood

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came to 3 more of my friends. Two of them were supportive, but one makes fun of me and when I was walking down the hallway, she yelled out "The transexual is coming" But Max, which I didn't actually tell him, but the friend I told first calls me by male pronouns, was talking to me and he kinda figured it out. I met him a couple years ago, but I haven't seen him awhile because he's a freshman this year. I met him as Madison, but he goes by Max now. All his friends call him Max, but only my friends and a few people refer to him as he.

19. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe it's the anesthesia effects, but I feel totally woman enough for this world today! Also I'm really starting to like how I look in pictures...

20. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    first time dress shopping with my daughter yesterday

Attached Files:

Aberrance and looking for me like this.