1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell her I like her?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tay98, Sep 14, 2017.

1. tay98

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I met a girl on a dating site and we went for coffee on our first date. Everything went really well and we got along great. We added each other on Facebook and ever since then we have been messaging quite a bit. Not everyday, but we talk at least a couple of times a week. She then invited me to se a movie with her. She paid for my ticket (which was so sweet of her) and then after the movie we walked to a park and talked for about 3 hours. I like this girl, but I don't know if it's too early to tell her. I think that she might like me back but i'm not 100% sure. It's not like we specifically used the word "date" or anything. She did call me a sweetheart after our first date and after the movies she said she wants to see me again.Should I just ask her out again and see where it goes? If I do tell her I like her how should i do it? Is it too forward to just straight up say "i like you"? I'm new to the dating thing so I have no idea what to do.

2. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think since you guys met on a dating site, she probably knows that those were dates.
    You should definitely ask her out, as far as telling her you like her, I don't see anything wrong with that. After the date just let her know you enjoyed her company and that you like her with hopes to go out again. You can use like in so many ways. I always complement them before I tell them. Example: if you get any more awesome I might be force to tell you I like you, I like you. I like you works perfectly

tay98 likes this.
  3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree that these are no different than "official" dates, and since she wants to see you, you should ask her out. And, when to say "I like you" just depends on how comfortable you feel; you could try other things like saying you liked spending time with her, or complimenting her style, personality, etc. So far, what you described suggests she likes you, too.

tay98 likes this.
  4. lovewine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Invite her out again! Maybe tell her lightly that you're interested in her or that you enjoy her company a lot :slight_smile:

tay98 likes this.
  5. tay98

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just in case anyone wants to know what happened, I bought her lunch and we talked for hours. Took me ages to say it but I finally just told her and she likes me too :slight_smile:

Hushhh, resu, dreamingfreely and 2 others like this.
  6. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome

tay98 likes this.