1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did I just do??

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by driedroses, Sep 12, 2017.

1. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha @NeonSocks you have to get yourself over here for the Museums etc.

NeonSocks and driedroses like this.
  2. driedroses

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Popular? Kristen Chenoweth - love it! Love her! And of course, she's gorgeous, and Idina Menzel - swoon.

I love musicals - Sound of Music is awesome! My incredibly straight 17 year old son loves it as well.

And even like Sister Act - the music is phenomenal even if the story lines are kind of cheesy.

I also love Rent. Haven't seen Book of Mormom, but I really want to. I haven't even seen Wicked, but the book is awesome and the music is phenomenal. I see most of my musicals on screen instead of on stage, unfortunately.

- and for the worst confession ever - I "saw" Phantom of the Opera on stage on my wedding day. Saw in quotes because I fell asleep during. Yeah. That's why I stick to screen media; I can rewind to the parts I've missed!

3. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love all of those!

And funny story, when my mom was pregnant with me, I used to apparently kick a lot so she would sing Phantom's Music of the Night to her belly and I'd calm down. I have listened to the music all my life but had never seen it. 2 years ago, after I came out, I gifted myself a trip to NYC and saw 7 shows in 7 days. I finally saw Phantom and cried the entire time. I found it so stunning <3

But I can see how some would fall asleep hahaha. I mean, its like a whole big lullaby.

driedroses likes this.
  4. driedroses

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Y'all - twice today, I have gone to walk in the parking garage at work. And it's raining and I have to walk a bit to get to the garage to walk. I've got music in and I am dancing. In the rain. In the garage. On top of the garage, in the rain - dancing. This is what I have become. Someone who dances in the rain without a care in the world about who sees her doing it.

This is NOT a bad thing, not at all.

RJay and NeonSocks like this.
  5. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    AMAZING!!! What a great feeling.

6. dreamingfreely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Does Grease count? I could listen to those songs over and over again.

Soundofmusic and RJay like this.
  7. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you get chills? Are they multiplying?

driedroses, NeonSocks, idsm and 2 others like this.
  8. dreamingfreely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Oh yes all in the right places too :smirk:. I thought they were both hot but remember thinking her transformation was stunning at the end.

Soundofmusic and RJay like this.
  9. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OMG, I felt so guilty for loving her at the end. I mean, I was a little kid, like 10 years old, and I thought, "OMG THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, SANDY!" And over the years, I thought back to that movie and thought stuff like, "that is a terrible message to be sending to girls... that it's OK to be objectified by men... that it's OK to change yourself to appeal to men." And now that I've embraced the gay, I'm thinking, "Whatever! Women are HOT and should be working it at all times. Sandy did the right thing! Hell yes!"

Soundofmusic and dreamingfreely like this.
  10. dreamingfreely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I used to watch Grease with my husband (so I remember watching it as a 20 years old or something) and I remember we both liked Sandy the most. I thought she was so damn hot. It's funny my husband has never questioned when I found the woman hot and I would even say so, that is why I thought he knew. The funny thing is when I told him I liked woman he was so blindsided. Now as we watch things I think he tries hard to tell me that a particular girl is hot and sometimes I am annoyed but others I am in full agreement and we have a long conversation about it. Very strange. Oh we watched this show called 'Blood Drive" the male and female leads are smokin hot and he told me how he thought the guy was too damn hot and went on and on about if he was gay he would like him. I told him yeah but you don't want to fuck him and he was like yeah true. This show is very graphic in many ways and has had gay women and men in it. Too bad it wont be coming back next season. I think the scene where a handsome older gentleman is BFing a dirty, skinny, ugly, looking guy could have had something to do with it. When i saw i was like yeah it has gay people and eww it is kind of odd and strangely a turn on at the same time heh. Yeah I have lots of issues lol :flushed:.

RJay likes this.