1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversations with a lesbian

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MyLifeisme, Sep 9, 2017.

1. MyLifeisme

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello it Is me and I am a raging lesbian in a closet, I honestly want to know the best ways to come out or just some conversations with some people so yeah please converse with me!

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's up? I'd love to talk.

For coming out, it helps to figure out who would be the most accepting and to go from there.

3. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

Hiya! I'm up for some conversation also :sunglasses:

And I agree with Creativemind; coming out can be a tricky process, so find those in your life who are most accepting and open-minded. And remember, you don't have to come out to anyone you don't feel comfortable with. That's how I think of it anyway :slight_smile:

4. Loppox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey!

Lesbian here (most probably. shit I still have to say that.)

Idk if you heard this already but imma post it anyways.

I agree with the above posters, try to find people who you think are accepting of you, but beware, even those who seem very accepting may not respond in the greatest way. Some people accept the existence of lbgt people when it is outside of their interpersonal relationships, but hooo boy if it suddenly is there then they are sometimes sure to become very distant. This is not to keep you closeted, but more of painting a realistic picture (so that you don't get surprised hah) regarding coming out.

It completely threw me of that friends/parents became suddenly very distant and uh, it took an emotional toll (and it was not even me screaming ''i am gay!!!'', but more like ''I think that in the future the chances are that I will end up with a women''). It is not to say that they will never return, they just need a little adjusting sometimes.

I don't know in which country you live and what kind of people you have around you but like, stay safe okay!

If you are in safe surroundings, I can say that it is a huge relief though when people know the truth. There is no wiggeling around questions like ''what kind of guys do you find attractive''. It does not make you sweat anymore hah.

5. MsPurpleFrog

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey. Coming out for me was a dual process - coming to terms with and working out who I am, and communicating that to others.

I originally came out as "really-confused-but-am-attracted-to-women" almost 15 years ago, which didn't go very well. I then scuttled back into the closet and hid again for the best part of 10 years. The second time around of trying to properly came out, I did it a lot slower, and with people I knew I could trust. So I started with talking to queer people I know in real life, and coming on here to talk through some of my confusion and accepting myself.

For me it's been a lot easier the second time around - and people who don't support my sexuality are now in a minority - and know it. It's been a journey of listening to myself and growing in confidence - but I couldn't have done that without the change in society. I don't know what situation you're in and whether you live in a supportive environment - but do reach out first to those who you know will support you, as that will help immensely.

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

7. MyLifeisme

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well everyone I thank you greatly for the advise and I live in the most accepting country Canada, but we still have a lot of homophobes I am also still a bit young some friends know to, and sorry if it took long to respond :slight_smile:

8. Loves books

You want to be careful who you tell and how mature they are. I told an 18 yr old boy and a 20 yr old also male I was gay after only knowing them a week. It was a summer camp for young adults with phsyical Disabilitys. The 18 yr old behaved like I told a child bringing it up and joking about it in front of people I hadn't told. The 20yr old acted like I just told him grass is green. Like it didn't even register. Which was the reaction I was hoping for. My mum was shocked and my brother and sister said they knew when I told them. I guess a huge clue was no boyfriend.

9. Justinian20

This thread sounds so posh, "Welcome to conversations with a Lesbian, now today we have the wonderful lesbians of the forum Empty Closets here with us today."

10. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

Hahaha, yesss! It could be a podcast or an NPR radio show or something. That would actually be a really cool idea :thinking:

11. MyLifeisme

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This so should it sounds posh enough hang on

"And welcome today for another Podcast today is the day we have a conversation with a lesbian. Yes I know a real life one! On this podcast! Coming up is the conversation on Podcast 90"

how was that?

12. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

Haha, I think it just might work! When I was in college, I had a music radio show at the university radio station. When I was in grad school, I worked at the radio station there also, but I also attempted to create a podcast that would have examined the role of women in gaming for my final project. I never actually made it because I took a different career path. I might have actually stuck it out if the podcast was conversations with a lesbian haha. If I ever go back to grad school to finish that last assignment in the next couple of years, I might have to make this podcast a thing :sweat_smile:

"Welcome to another episode of 'Conversations With A Lesbian.' Today we'll explore the topic of lesbian sudden death in TV shows. Must the lesbian character always die? Stay tuned to find out."

#12 Shoei Loei, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  13. MyLifeisme

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm still in Gradschool so I think I might start it up

"Now we are back to discus why in some movies the lesbians get raped and not the gays. We will get back to that later. On Podcast 90"

14. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out is a varied process, everyone has their own experiences and levels of being out. some people come out to one person at a time, others rip the bandaid off making grand Facebook posts announcing to everyone who they are. (Moi) whatever you do, do what feels right to you, and don't feel like you have to rush into it or anything!

15. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I'm a lesbian too. I'm out I guess, a few people know. It's something I'm afraid to talk about with the most people I know.
    Yeah, let's have a conversation.

16. MyLifeisme

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's time for conversation! I'm taking all the advise into account and imma figure out how to exactly come out. Now then "welcome to Podcast 90! For the convertation where we will ask all the lesbians in this form (all of them) Questions! Now who'd like to start this marvvvollluuuussss conversation?!"

17. KenzyBell

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd love to!

18. MyLifeisme

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation: