1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm turning a corner?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by RJay, Aug 29, 2017.

1. zumbaqueen

Good luck RJay. I'm glad your moving forward with you life.

RJay likes this.
  2. idsm

I am very curious about both V and L. I really wish we could somehow meet them.
    What do they look like? What are they like? What differences can you see between them? What attracts you to each one of them?

I have tons of questions, as you can see, but I'll limit myself to these few. For now. :slight_smile:

dirtyshirt84 and RJay like this.
  3. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What do they look like? -- Both about 5' 6" (my height too). Both very fair with long blonde hair and blue eyes. Both with very slim, athletic figures.

What are they like? -- V is suuuuuper girly. High-pitched voice, walks like a model, flips her hair and giggles. She's kind of "princess" like. (I wonder if that would get annoying after a while!) L is much more down to earth and casual. Not as many "girly" affectations. Kind of "tough". But she does wear dresses.

Differences? -- More or less what I said above. They both are very straightforward -- talking about pretty heavy parenting stuff and complaining A LOT about their exes right off the bat. I like their honesty and forthrightness. But, L was suggesting bringing a bottle of wine and hanging out with me alone in my apartment literally the second time I ran into her. And all this wanting to smoke with me outside at 10pm? She is initiating stuff with me much more than V did. I find that pretty exciting, though I don't know for sure that she isn't just an unusually friendly straight woman.

What attracts me? -- I guess I'm physically attracted to every slim blonde blue-eyed woman I see lately. Such a cliche, right?! I feel like a jerk. But hey, I just figured out I was gay, so maybe it's OK that I have an 18-year old boy's reaction to pretty girls. (And maybe not coincidental that I'm attracted to the opposite of myself. I am latin american with short black hair, brown eyes. And I'm not overweight, but I'm not athletic and super-slim like they are.) They are both amazingly pretty. Both with gorgeous big smiles and penetrating blue eyes that they make a lot of eye contact with. I guess L has a rounder face with more cheeks and V has a longer, more hollow face.

I could go on...

Oh, and I just figured out something else about L. She is involved in some weird rally car racing activities. Saw a picture of her online posing with the car she raced in some event down South. So, she plays street hockey and races cars. Hmmmmm.

azzi and junebug99 like this.
  4. junebug99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like she's into you to me. Hopefully things will go well. And if it's meant to be it will!

5. idsm

Thanks for answering, Rjay! L sounds pretty interested in getting to know you; and same goes for you, apparently :wink:

I will keep the rest of my questions for another time. Looking forward to seeing how things will evolve on both fronts.

6. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is the wisest statement ever written. OMG, how did I not realize I was gay?! These pretty women all over my neighborhood make me just completely stupid!

ShortButSweet and driedroses like this.
  7. Rana

Rana Guest

OMG, I can't even...

azzi likes this.
  8. Rana

Rana Guest

RJay,
    I think you should write a screenplay of your life right now. It may be turned into a true romcom!

I think it's great that you're hanging out with L. It will help balance things out and put things in perspective. Totally healthy if you ask me. ❤️

9. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :loudspeaker::loudspeaker::exclamation::exclamation: **HIGH MAINTENANCE ALERT***HIGH MAINTENANCE ALERT** :exclamation::exclamation::loudspeaker::loudspeaker:

:scream:Bullet=Dodged :thumbsup:

NeonSocks, Chrissy31, idsm and 4 others like this.
  10. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OMG!!! You are making me laugh so hard right now. Remember, she'll be back next week. I might turn pathetic again!!!

11. idsm

Hahaha. Funny as this comment is, it is indeed a little exaggerated. At the end of the day, L is not perfect either.

I'm so waiting for V to come back. Are you going to mention your new friend to her? :badgrin:

Rana and RJay like this.
  12. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol. I have no idea WHAT I will do about V when I see her. Nervous about it. I texted L this morning to ask if she's free one night this weekend to open that bottle of wine or go out for a drink. Waiting for response. Eeeeek.

Rana and junebug99 like this.
  13. idsm

L sounds pretty assertive. Haha. Don't be surprised if she corners you in her apartment the moment you get in. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :joy::joy:

edit: How old is L?

#53 idsm, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Rana, dreamingfreely and driedroses like this.
  14. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are so bad. She responded that Saturday would be great. Then I ran into her 5 minutes later on her way to work. So so cute. V and L are both 40. I'm 44.

Rana likes this.
  15. idsm

So similar and yet so different. Which one will win Rjay's heart?

(I'll grant you permission to use this line on your book/movie/whatever. You are welcome.)

azzi, Moonsparkle and RJay like this.
  16. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :laughing:

17. Rana

Rana Guest

I'm kind of rooting for L at this point. RJay, we're all emotionally invested in your life to an unhealthy degree, lol!

azzi, driedroses and RJay like this.
  18. Rana

Rana Guest

idsm,
    Your posts are hilarious!
    :sweat_smile:

azzi, dreamingfreely and RJay like this.
  19. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Guys, I will be frustrated if this woman is straight. It will mean I have absolutely shit gaydar and will have to resort to those horrible dating apps or a gay bar or something. Annoying.

20. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Great! I need the company!