1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games You Regret Buying

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Blackangel, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every gamer here has checked out a game that looked fun, and hated it after trying it out. And I'm no exception.
    For me there's a pretty good list.

Solar Jetman (NES)
    Mickey's Epic (Wii)
    Guitar Hero (Wii)
    Clash At Demonhead (NES)
    Final Fantasy 13 (PS4)
    Diablo 3 (PS3)
    X-Men Origins Wolverine (PS3)
    NHL 11 (PS3)
    Gothic 3 (PC)
    WoW (PC)
    Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
    D&D 3rd edition (I know its not a video game, but thought I would add it.)
    FF9 (PS3)

For the NHL game, don't get me wrong on that one. I love hockey. Huge Red Wings fan. But the video game just sucked. I had a feeling I wasn't going to like it when I got it, because I've NEVER been a fan of sport games.

Another I honestly don't remember the name of it (thankfully) that was so worthless, 5 minutes after getting it home and playing it, I was back on my way to GameStop returning it. Oh. My. God. If I could find the idiot who wrote the game my foot would have a serious conversation with his ass. And that would be after I got my money back from him for wasting it on his game.

2 games that I never bought, but rented from gamefly to try out were GTA and Assassins Creed. Hated both. Assassins Creed would never go past the damn training bullshit at the beginning of the game. It was just constant and never ending. And GTA? It just sucked all around. I would rather play one of those old handheld LCD games. you know the kind that never moved? Just changed a bit of the black drawings on the "screen".

So, what I'm asking is what games have you bought and regretted?

2. SalsaV

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, that's quite and few what's the reason for WOW?

But the only game I regret buying was a Barbie, horse riding game back when I was 4

3. Samthing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I regret buying kingdom hearts. Looked cool in the shop. But omg the combat system is so clunky

4. SalsaV

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See they rope you in with the packageing

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really regret buying Divinity: Dragon Commander. The idea looks nice. The story is nice. But the combat system is just terrible. They tried to merge many super cool things together, but failed miserably. The game looks like a weird Frankestein: Each individual system (RPG, strategy, etc.) would look nice, but together they didn't work.

6. Blast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fallout 4

7. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Really obscure but X Blaze Code: Embryo. The story really wasn't all that bad, I just can't stand the localization they gave the game because of how poor and unprofessional it was.

#7 kibou97, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  8. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No Man's Sky. (Granted, I got it basically free with my PS4, but still) I gave up before I even got a hyperdrive because I couldn't figure out how to get a component that wouldn't show up in the crafting menu. The concept was cool, but could have been implemented so much better.

9. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    007: Tomorrow Never Dies (PS1)

Army Men 3D (PS1)

Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland (PS3) with its cutesy animu graphics it looked like my kind of game. sadly it wasn't

Bakugan: Defenders of the Core (PS3) defenders of the snore

Blur (PS3)

Damage Inc.: Pacific Squadron (PS3)

Defender (PS2) the game expects you to spend more time rescuing people than killing things

Dragon Age II (PS3)

Dragon Age Origins (PS3)

Fallout 3 (PS3) I tried very hard to enjoy this game but it just isn't my cup of tea >_>

Ferrari Challenge: Trofeo Pirelli (PS3) the only fun thing about this game was the training mode. The instructor became increasingly frustrated when you did things such as turn the car around and drive the "wrong" way or try to complete the track while reversing

Grudge Warriors (PS1) the mutiplayer was amusing for a short while but the rest of the game sucked

Half-Life (PS2)

Kengo: Master of Bushido (PS2) I had more fun with Bushido Blade

King of Fighters XIII (PS3)

London Racer (PS1)

Mass Effect 2 (PS3)

Midnight Club: Street Racing (PS2)

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero (N64)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS3) most unwanted

Need for Speed: Shift (PS3) need for speed: shit

Overlord: Raising Hell (PS3)

Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita) the dungeon was fun. But I wasn't exactly having a good time when my character began folding paper for a living. As a side note I really enjoyed Persona 4 Arena & Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Ridge Racer Unbounded (PS3)

Robot Wars: Arenas of Destruction (PS2) I'm a big fan of the Robot Wars show. But this game sucks

Skate 3 (PS3)

Star Fox Adventures (Gamecube) I loved Star Fox 64 (or Lylat Wars as it was known in the EU & Australia) and I was extremely disappointed with Star Fox Adventures

Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (PS1)

The X-Files Game (PS1) I pointed my handgun at one of the characters and he said "don't do that"! I blasted his brains out because fuck him. The next thing I know was handing over my agent card and apparently it was game over. That's when I realized it's not my type of game XD

Transformers: Beast Wars Transmetals (N64) this may or may not be the worst game I've ever had the displeasure of owning. I literally derived more enjoyment from watching Mars of Destruction

Warpath: Jurassic Park (PS1) what more could you want than battling dinosaurs? Some decent fucking gameplay would've been nice. And I say that a person who liked dinosaurs enough to draw really lame pictures of them

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (PS1) starring the ghost of Chris Tarrant and an invisible audience

I have stories behind all of these games but I've already spent enough time on them

10. Dylan1357

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I completely agree with you :thumbsup:

11. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

Yes! I wanted so badly to like this one, but it was such a pain to figure out how to do anything.

My other regrets:
    The Order 1886-
    The graphics were awesome, but the story line was under developed and the dialogue was just not good.

Homefront-
    The premise was unique and I enjoyed that, but the game itself was just not good.

12. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Now I get to add Root Letter to this. The premise itself was interesting but I found the story itself ended up being largely dull with single trope characters that don't ever develop who also don't act like actual people half the time (People being openly called bitch and fatty largely don't react at all to it) and a protagonist who seems to act kind of like a 14 year old in his 30's. These issues can be a big problem when your game is a visual novel that has to rely heavily on story and characters. Also the localization ended up being so literal that, while the translated the words right, they kept the grammar in a very similar way to how sentences were structured in Japanese which makes things sound really stilted because Japanese grammar is pretty different from English to say the least.

13. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sonic '06, Sonic Brotherhood...really any Sonic game purchase I made in the mid 2000s to early 2010s :frowning2: oh well, Sonic Mania is proving to be a quality game. It can't make up for all those wasted years but darn is it fun

14. TheMudcrab

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I regret buying Guitar Hero. I really liked the game, but so did my dad. He liked it so much that he would wake up in the middle of the night wanting to play it. He'd come into my room, turn on the xbox and start playing. I like video games as much as the next guy, but I don't like waking up to my dad's tone deaf yodeling of Black Magic Woman at 2 a.m. I'm really glad my dad found a game he liked to play, but it just went too far.

15. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Off the top of my head.

The Adams Family (Commodore 64) Just couldn't seem to do anything with it so gave up after a couple of goes.
    Airwolf (Commodore 64) I loved Airwolf the show so really wanted to play the game but overall it was just to difficult to master.
    Mercenaries 2 (PS2) The first game was fantastic and one of the first times I played a game as the female character but the second just sucked with no real story progression.

16. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I see Fallout 4 mentioned here, and I agree. It was technically an Xmas gift, but I really could not get into it at all. I loved New Vegas, but 4 was so bland and terrible to me.

Another one that most people probably won't agree with, but MGS V. Couldn't get into it, at all. I bought into the hype but I was massively disappointed. Combat felt repetitive, the scenery and locations were totally bland, missions barely had any heart in them.

17. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Friday the 13th. I was so hyped for the game, then it came out and it wasn't what I expected. I managed to get a little over 20 hours into the game, and could no longer refund it due to Steam policy.

18. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Age Of Empires 3(PC). AOE1 was great, AOE2 was absolutely beautiful, but AOE3 was just horrible. The setup and, graphics, and game play was just a total let down. And the fact that it had a million expansion packs got old quick.

19. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ark Survival - a friend insisted. Cool concept, but it is a game that enables every dickish and troll thing a person can do in multiplayer into one single game. The only thing it was missing is a cut scene of your character being gang raped by the other players after they kidnapped you and locked you in a cage with the only way out is for them to be nice (which would never happen) or you delete that character.

Devil May Cry 3 - Wanted to like it, bazooka girl was hot. But the combos killed the game for me.

Army of Two - So many glitches and poor balance just ruined it. I get that games need a challenge, but there will never, ever be a face mask that will keep you from dieing when shot in the face by a 50 caliber rifle.

20. Soshiyaki

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Fortnite on the playstation. Paid $79.99 for it and have only played it once. I don't know why I didn't listen to those reviews telling me it isn't worth it.