1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why these new desires?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Stephanie1, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Stephanie1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    In my mid-20's and trying to come to terms with some powerful urges. Just a couple years ago what started out as minor crossdressing has become so strong that I have to have on at least some kind of feminine clothing day and night, and I am fully dressed with full makeup whenever possible. And it has been accompanied by growing gay desires. This has happened so fast that it is scary. I am shocked when I see myself in a mirror. Is this a midlife crisis? What is going on?

2. I suppose you could look at it as a mid-life crisis, but chances are, this isn't going to go away. If you look at it as a problem, it will be extremely difficult to handle. Just as you embrace cross-dressing (even if it began as only a hobby), you should embrace these new feelings too. Play around with it maybe. Let yourself explore the idea and options without thinking of it as a bad thing.

Stephanie1 likes this.
  3. Stephanie1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks! I have been resisting further changes to my sexual orientation but it is becoming a daily struggle. I want to give in so bad that it haunts me but the required changes in who I have always thought of myself and who I have portrayed myself to others would be immense and harmful to relationships. I feel I am at a difficult crossroad where any decision is a bad decision.

4. Do the people that you care about have a problem with your cross-dressing?

5. mlm1234

mlm1234 Guest

Hi
    this may be bad or terrible advice, but im in your exact postion mid 20s crossdress, sexuality.
    ever since i got to 19/20, these urges cam to crossdress, i tried to suppress it, it came back worse and worse. it led me to self to try to get rid of it. u need to embrace it theres nothing. its who u r, dont look at as bad or wrong. accpet. when i finally accepted i was happy and did see it as wrong anymore and have a loving partner and do drag.
    this isnt going away, for me it was like crossdress i love doing but it was the begining of me coming out away for me to be ok with being bi, a away that i was showing my inner was telling me i was bipan.

Stephanie1 likes this.
  6. Stephanie1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have been very secretive in crossdressing. A couple may suspect me but I have really worked hard at keeping it in the closet.
    But perhaps it is better to have some unfulfilled areas of your life than it is to hurt others.

7. mlm1234

mlm1234 Guest

i have really homophobic parents and friends, would being gay or cd hurt people other than there consept of what u or men should be. my friend dont talk to me because they dont like that im in love with a guy. im fem my oarents hate that, they think men should be masc and i have to act like this.
    in the end if u cant be happy and is miserble in the long run, what is the point of it

8. There's a difference between unfulfilled and living a lie. If you don't think you are straight and what you are feeling now is who you are, then maybe you should consider not hiding it. Suppressing it will just hurt yourself.

9. Stephanie1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Understood and I appreciate your input! But I am not sure of who I am. I have been, or at least thought I have been, a hetero most of my life. Can a person change his sexual orientation in their 20's and in just a couple years? Not what I would have believed before. Maybe this is just a passing phase in which I will lose interest? I keep hoping my crossdressing will subside but so far no luck on that account so I remain undecided.

10. mlm1234

mlm1234 Guest

you can change your sexuality. but dont have to recognise it to later in your life. i didnt and i had gf before/ CD hope cn be a double edge knife sometimes