1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funniest or Weirdest Ways You Have Almost/Have Come Out!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iliketolift1, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Rainbow Lantern

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My mom came up to me multiple times when I was on the computer and started looking at some of my emails but somehow didn't notice the ones that said "Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people..."

I also tried to come out to my dad with a joke. We were just texting idle chit chat and I was suddenly like - "hold on, I'm getting bad reception from inside the closet" then I waited a couple seconds then texted "okay, I'm out." But he didn't get it... He was like "closet? Why are you in the closet?" I had to come out to him again later then remind him of the joke.

There was also this time at lunch during school when (and I don't know how the conversation got to this) my friend started talking about the "spectrum of lesbianism" -- femmes, butch, chapstick (which I brought up) etc. so of course me being stereotypically gay and masculine with my competitiveness I just jumped in and started talking about it as well, and she was like "how do you know all that?" and she said "wait are you..." and I said "what a lemon?" because I was like "shoot I just outed myself! AVOID!" But eventually I said yeah and she told me she was bi (or at least that's what she thought at the time) and gave me a high-five. I didn't even consider that was why she knew all that. I was too busy trying to prove that I knew more about the topic than her. Sometimes I'm clueless.

2. iliketolift1

A laundry room. Pretty happy here. I think...
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is my new favourite thing.

3. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not out to my grandma due to not being sure how'd she'd take it lol but it's been a few very close calls now that I've accepted myself more so then before or seeing a cute guy and making a remark of he was cute. Words right on my lips before I go wait she's not in the know shush brain! Though I did make a remark about a guy who was our cashier to my friend of omg did you see his muscles he was so hot without thinking and she went along and was like yes he was. Then asked me if she should be worried I'll be taking her husband from her and that is how I came out to my friend lol. She was ecstatic about it though and is fully supportive as well as her husband who I've found out are both bi so hey who knew!

4. Alaya35

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes! I do this all the time. I wish I could just come out and say 'she's hot!'

5. iliketolift1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know!!! I feel so left out from my friends boy craziness! Why can't I just talk about hot girls with them *cry*

6. zuqueenie

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So u know Alec Lightwood form TMI one of his famous quotes is "straight people they cant control themselves" and I may have made a joke somewhere along the lines of straight people r real faked tone what if I'm straight then made a fake check and then said oh thank God my sexuality is still fluid. In front of my friend I was not out to

7. Khai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One time:
    **me running around with a multicolour towel**
    Me: "Partially gay batman to the rescue!!!!"
    like 6 people: "wait your gay?"

Another time:
    **Me wearing multicoloured love heart shaped sunglasses looking into a mirror**
    Me: "Mirror mirror on the wall who is the queerest mother ****** of them all?"
    Roomate: "wat?"

8. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Getting walked in on by my girlfriend's mom.... who happens to be my aunt. Everyone's okay with it now but then.. OMG'ddss!?

9. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is hilarious and awesome!! I really did laugh out loud a little at the second one!

10. Khai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Because I go to a boarding school its hard to hide, so I may as well have some fun.

11. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    True. Although you handle it alot better than I'd be able to. When I was where I used to live, I hadn't even come out to myself and hadn't even really thought about it until long after I had moved (even though, in a way, I've always known. I know, it doesn't make too much sense to me either.) I don't know how I would've managed hiding if I knew then.

12. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really funny, but the first friend of mine I came out to (via text), I said in the text "I'm not into guys". This was during a time where I was sure I'm lesbian. I ended up "fixing" this by changing my interested in on Facebook. Was still kinda awkward though.

The second time was when I was having a fling-slash-relationship with a man. One of my friends at the time said, "I thought you were a lesbian" to which I responded confidently, "No, I'm bi" - He never said anything again after that. Was really awkward for me and the guy I was seeing, because this friend wasn't exactly discreet, lol.

13. Alaya35

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It makes perfect sense! I have always known but not really admitted it until now xx

14. Tibby T

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is the best

15. GalleyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Close call, was when we were discussing what we found appealing in guys. Usually avoid, but under pressure said, well I quite like more feminine guys or...so almost said or just girls. But trailed off and went silent and my friends were like OR WHAT? But I was like not coming out on the school bus thanks, so now they just think I have some kind of secret kink lol.

16. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol! That's awkward, but certainly understandable.

17. RocketRaccoon21

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There was one time, I was getting crushed peppers for some pizza I was having for breakfast. I accidentally grabbed the rainbow sprinkles I was just about to put them on my pizza when I noticed. And I almost said to my brother: "Well, I'm gay.. But, I'm not that gay.." I caught myself though.. Even though he'd probably not have a problem with it.. And might even think it's funny.
    Too late now I guess lol

18. iliketolift1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ahaha, that would've been funny. Also rainbow sprinkles on pizza sounds like it would weirdly work but would be gross at the same time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I constantly make jokes about being trans (I'm stealth) and no one even seems to notice xD

I would say stuff like mention I'm taking hormones, joke about how young I look, joke about how short I am, joke about my lack of penis, joke about burning all my legal documents etc. Honestly, it's amazing how much shit you can say without anyone thinking you're trans.

20. Shadowgirl37

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I go to a small private school so we have what are called Advisors. Advising groups meet at least 2 times a week, there are about 8 students and 1 faculty member in each group. This group is like your family at school. My Advisor is a Harry Potter mega fan and I knew he would be accepting so I asked him if I could talk to him. I said "if Harry Potter taught me one thing, it's that no one should have to live in the closet, so I'm gay" he gave me a great big hug assured me I can talk to him about anything and we went on with our days.