1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you realize?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BothWaysSecret, May 31, 2017.

1. lil miss hikes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Same here I always knew I was different but couldn't explain it or have anyone to talk to about it .
    woth

2. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I started to question if I was bi when I was 15 or 16. Came out to my mom and myself when I was 19, mom asked me why I had taken so long. She knew before I did.

3. axelrose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was always bi until 5th grade i realized i was a lesbian. I realized my gender fluitidy in like 6th grade now im in 8th. Im now out and proud :slight_smile:

4. Shibh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I knew in my heart something was up at 10 but I tried to convince myself that it wasn't real until I was about 15.

5. Theo Weiss

Probably around 11 or 12.

6. gaynonsense

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was questioning for a few years before, but I really decided when I was a freshman in highschool managing the basketball team and I couldn't keep my eyes off of one of the players.

7. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I was 10, the possibility crossed my mind.
    At 12 I started having some fantasies, chose not to think much about it.
    At 16 I somewhat accepted it.

8. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Everybody realizing in their teen years, and I figured out at 23. I feel like such a late bloomer!

9. OrinocoFlow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, you're not alone there hahaha

10. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know. Hahahaha! I just find it funny sometimes that it took me so long...

11. OrinocoFlow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, makes you wonder where your head's been the whole time up until now. I guess it's a little too easy to ignore ourselves at times.

12. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally agree!

13. Pinkerton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I did have a feeling I was bi when I was 14 when I started finding myself having man crushes, but at the time I just felt like I was only physically attracted to the same sex. There were at least a few people in my class that thought I was gay, but I just didn't care what people thought I was. I still didn't consider myself 100% straight at the time, but it wasn't until the age of 20 where I found out I was bisexual for real this time. I kind of wish I found out much earlier than that, like when I was 14 because I feel like things would be a little different now if I found out then and would be out to at least a couple people by now, but then again I also could've found out later than I did, so meh.

14. TayTay312

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I was in 7th grade (2007) I remember noticing that I was noticing some of the females in my class/grade. I just tried to ignore it and focus on my studies. I didn't quite know what was going on. The next school year it was happening again and I just continued to try and ignore it. My freshman (9th) year of high school the noticing of females was stronger than before and I remember thinking is this normal or is it just me. As high school progressed the noticing and feelings towards the females continued and I tried to disquisition it the best I could because fitting in was hard enough as it was given my disability. So, I wound up playing along to guys that liked me when I didn't have any interest in them. During school there were never any relationships for me. Nobody knew I was into females.

After high school I just enjoyed being out for the first two summers. Then in 2016 I received a text from my friend saying "Do you remember Zach?" I replied of course,we were all unseperable in grade school" she said "he wants to talk to you" so a few minutes later a text came from him. After some time of getting to know each other again he asked me to be his gf. I hesitated because I knew guys weren't for me but I ended up agreeing to be his gf because I thought maybe I'm wrong about myself and this will prove it. Throughout the relationship there were many things that showed me that I'm for sure correct about myself. Many times I wanted to tell him but was too scared. My ex wound up treating me wrong so he broke up with me in a very shitty way.

Jump to the here and now, I'm ready to fully act on my sexual orientation. I'm in no way out to anybody. I'm deathly afraid of coming out to my family because both sides are Catholic and that's the faith I've grown up around and have played the role of a catholic women for years. Plus all my aunts, cousins and uncles have "normal" relationships. All I wanted this summer was to come out,gain support and acceptance, maybe joint some LGBT groups. Accept me for me.

15. Nikki969

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so I was in my late 20's when I realized I was having physical attraction to a couple of gay guys I knew. It really surprised me but for whatever reason I was not bothered by it. I had always been around gay people and had friends that were gay, so for it to finally surface then surprised me. I developed some fantasies and after a while acted on it. It was really fun and I enjoyed it but realized pretty quickly that I was not attracted to straight guys and not romantically attracted to men at all. I have always felt somewhat effeminate but it has grown as I have gotten older. Now I say that I'm gayer than I am homosexual

16. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have been attracted towards girls since I was young (8 or 9 y/o, I think), but I thought all girls felt the same way. I only started to actively question my sexuality when I was 18.

17. NerdyGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i realized this summer. i liked the guys i saw at the camping in france

18. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew I wasn't straight when I was about 15 but it wasn't until I was 26 that I realized I'm full on gay (except for Jennifer Lawrence)

19. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a football player at 14. In the locker room.

20. Pixo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In February of 8th grade I was in my bed trying to sleep and thinking about stuff and all of the sudden I thought, "Wait, what if you're gay???" It made me sick to my stomach, I hated thinking about the fact that I might be gay. If you had checked my browser history at any time since 6th grade you would've known, but somehow I did all that stuff and it never even went through my mind that I could be gay. Throughout the rest of 8th grade I tried to convince myself that I wasn't completely gay, but deep down I knew it was hopeless. That summer, I guess I came to terms with it gradually. I went through 9th grade thinking "Maybe I'll just wait to come out 'till college." That went on until I started watching videos by gay youtubers and reading threads by gay people and how happy they were and I got this sudden urge to tell someone, anyone (This was the end of this summer, in August). So on August 22, I came out to my best friend and later came out to my good friend who's trans and a girl who's basically my sister. It was a relatively short journey and it's still not over :slight_smile:

TLDR: Realized I could be gay in February 2016 (8th grade), came to terms with it Summer of 2016 (9th grade), here I am today (10th grade).