1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What bands do you guys like?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Casey221B, Mar 20, 2017.

1. SchizoBurrito13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i have a lot, so please don't yell at me

A Day To Remember,Panic! At The Disco, Like Moths To Flame, Bullet To My Valentine, Fall Out Boy, Marilyn Manson, Sum 41, My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park, In This Moment, Suicide Silence, Kerbara, Anabor,Motionless In White, Twiztid, Three Days Grace, Dot Dot Curve, Stone Sour, 3 Doors Down, Five Finger Death Punch, Bring Me The Horizon, Blood On The Dance Floor, Jefferee Star, Hollywood Undead, HIM, Halsey, System Of A Down, Breathe Carolina, Asking Alexandria, Green Day, and Slipknot

A lot others, but here's some lol

2. AmyOfRivia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coldplay, Guns n' Roses, AD/DC, 5sos, K.A.R.D, Twenty One Pilots, Red Velvet, Monsta x, NCT, Years & Years, Maroon 5

3. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hootie & the Blowfish, Sister Hazel, Aerosmith, Live, Phil Collins/Genesis, The Avett Brothers, Kaleo, Creed, The Beatles, Pearl Jam, Nickleback, REM, Seal, Everclear

There's more, but this about covers my top faves.

4. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have the weirdest combination, but I think it's because I have a broad musical taste.

DNCE, Bon Jovi, Fall Out Boy, Queen, Daughtry, One Direction, Coldplay, Chainsmokers, Jonas Brothers, Maroon 5, Green Day, Spice Girls, 5SOS, Paramore, Panic! at the Disco, Backstreet Boys, N'SYNC, Rascal Flatts, Lady Antebellum.

Ther are a few others but I only like one or two of their songs, so they're not as prominent on my list.

5. AriKari

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As of late, I've been jamming a lot of/some Incendiary, Sworn In, Foo Fighters, Stone Sour, Turnstile, Power Trip, Spite, Volumes, 80's hardcore/thrash/crossover.

6. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just realized I posted twice with most of the same bands. But at least I added more bands in the second post... Sorry 'bout that!

#46 BothWaysSecret, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  7. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Neon Indian, Beach Fossils, SOAD, TOP, NOFX, Placebo, Fit for and Autopsy, Thy art is Murder, Aberrance, Gojira,

8. GeneGenie

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OkGo, David Bowie, The Beatles, Abba, ELO, Trex, Marina and the Diamonds, Lily Allen, Panic! At the Disco, and Gnarls Barkley are a few of my favorite artists. I also enjoy the Movie Musicals station on Pandora.

9. Koizee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Get ready...
    Radiohead, Gorillaz, Blur, Glass Animals (1st Album only), The Beatles (Cliche I know), Arcade Fire, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Led Zeppelin, Daft Punk, m83, Sigur Ros, Nine Inch Nails, Broken Social Scene, Grimes, The Killers, Old Muse, Rage against the Machine, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Queen, The Smashing Pumpkins, War Paint, Soundgarden, alt-J, MGMT, Cigarettes After Sex, Passion Pit, David Bowie, The Strokes, Duran Duran, Old Maroon 5, X Japan, Cage the Elephant, The Cars, Journey, Modest Mouse, Beach Fossils, Social Distortion, Daughter
    Thats not even all of 'em

#49 Koizee, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  10. SilverLining120

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My favourite bands are:

Glass Animals, Local Natives, Foals, First Aid Kit, Alt-J, Radiohead, We Lost the Sea, Blondie, Capital Cities, Eagles, Fleet Foxes, Honne, Passion Pit, Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Vulfpeck.

11. RavenTheLesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so many people are probably triggered by your comment about p!atd lol

12. RavenTheLesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Also. my favorite band is My Chemical Romance (MCR)

13. Justinian20

I have something from every era from the 1970's, I like groups (1970's-80's) like Neu!, Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Bronski Beat and Soft Cell. from the (80's-90's) is Pet Shop Boys, Laserdance and others, As you notice I kind of have lesser known artists with well known groups from the same period. If I named them all based on time period it would be too much,

14. RobKing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do you listen to Warlock? Doro Pesch has an amazing voice and i really like her work.

15. Souleater

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I mostly list to music that either tells epic stories or make fun songs. heres a list of all the bands I listen to:

• Blind Guardian (Power Metal): My favourite band. Has the singer in my opinion. They tell epic tales that are free for your own interpretation.
    • Dragonforce (Power Metal): Fast songs, very complicated at times. Got a new singer recently and they are currently trying new stuff out with their 2 latest albums.
    • Iced Earth (Power Metal): Has an apocalyptic theme and an overall badass vibe to their songs.
    • Unleash the Archers (Power Metal): Just discovered them recently. Also a heavy focus on epic tales. Female fronted
    • Gloryhammer (Power Metal): An over the top Power Metal band. If you dont like cheese, they are propably not for you.
    • Powerwolf (Power Metal): Have some sort of "Mad Priest" Aestetic to them. Sing alot about vampires, werewolfs and the occult.
    • Hammerfall (Power Metal): Very Standard if you ask me. I get the feeling that they got tired of making music in general but their old stuff is great.
    • Demons and Wizards (Power Metal): A combination of Blind Guardian and Iced Earth. Literally
    • Alestorm (Folk Metal): A Pirate themed folk metal band who dont take themself seriously. Really fun to sing along for some reason^^
    • Equilibrium (Pagan Metal): A German Pagan Metal band. Very poetic if you know german.
    • Ensiferum (Folk/Death Metal): Very grand and epic songs.
    • Korpiklaani (Folk Metal): Finnish Folk Metal. Great for drinking^^
    • Huntress (Heavy Metal): Female Fronted, Have an occult/magic theme. Her Screams sound like the ones from a banshee
    Sorry for the long post. I like making lists of stuff

16. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm into a whole load of stuff.

My favourite band (by number of songs by them I like) is Driftless Pony Club, which is more indie. Not everyone's style, I'd imagine.

Lately though, I've been getting into Russkaja, who classify themselves as "Russian Turbo Polka Metal". I like them both ironically and unironically. They make me laugh but I can't not listen.

In the last few months or so I've got into the rapper Killer Mike, and while the name seems a bit off-putting to me, he isn't entirely that "gangsta rap" kinda thug-y dude. He puts a lot of social and political stuff into his music. He also is partnered with the rapper El-P and they call themselves Run The Jewels, and they in turn do more socio-political stuff. Rap doesn't swing everyone's way, but I enjoy their music.

Also I've been getting into Kings of Leon a bit more with their newest album WALLS. I liked some of their older stuff (i.e. Use Somebody and Sex on Fire). I liked quite a few of their tracks on their second last album Mechanical Bull, and I'm liking WALLS just as much.

17. gtrist335

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Radiohead, Rush, King Crimson, Animal Collective, Deerhunter, Yes, Genesis, The Beatles, Blur, Gorillaz, Battles, Pink Floyd, My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, David Bowie, Alt-J, The Flaming Lips, The Mars Volta, Sonic Youth, Swans, Soundgarden, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Depeche Mode, Skinny Puppy, New Order, Sigur Ros, Massive Attack, Portishead, Shpongle, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, random modular synth people on YouTube...

18. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Bon Jovi, Green Day, AC/DC, Bea Miller, Tegan and Sara, Briaandchrissy, and NSYNC(but no BSB)

My music taste goes all over the place.

19. lemons123

rock ones:
    Muse, The Killers, Linkin Park, One OK Rock, My first story, Le arc en ciel;

Metal:
    Only into several songs of Metallica and In Flames;

Pop:
    BTS, Beast, the cuties from 2NE1, AKB48(just the meloddies,i'm not a pedophile lol...)...mostly Asian that is.

20. tranonymous

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't usually like older bands so much, but I checked out some of Doro's newer stuff and she's pretty cool.

#60 tranonymous, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017