1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe that something happens after death?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jon99, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Limoriden

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You dont have to believe if its real.

Attached Files:

2. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    reincarnation if their soul is ready, but i think unprepared souls linger on the earth for a bit longer

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Funerals typically happen :slight_smile:

But seriously, I believe we just get one shot at things.

#43 HM03, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  4. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

I wish I could say that I believed in something else after death, like reincarnation would be cool...I like the idea of living multiple lives because one life isn't enough to achieve all that we might want to. However, I believe that once we're dead, we're dead, and there's nothing else. It sounds bleak, but really I think it's the same as before we we were born; just a state of non-existence.

5. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I very much believe in a life after death. I believe in heaven and...not hell, but purgatory. I don't believe anyone is damned to hell forever but I do believe we pay the consequences for our actions in either this life or the next. Kind of like what some people have seen in near-death experiences.

6. Koizee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im a full on Atheist, but sometimes I like to tell myself that something happens after death... It helps cheer me up

7. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My personal belief is when something dies it either becomes mulch or poo.
    "You can check out any time you like but you can never leave."

8. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe that anything happens after death as far as any kid of afterlife goes. I believe we get one life to live and you should make the best of it that you can. Don't be sad that you will someday die. Be happy because you lived a full life and no longer need to experience anything new to be content.
    In other words don't spend your life worrying about the afterlife because more than likely there isn't one.

9. Papa Joey

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nah. I imagine that death will be like the billions of years before i was born which i find calming. After living a few hectic crazy years you can finally relax with no concerns or responsibilities.

10. Adman32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I fully be

11. Adman32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Jon99 yeah I fully believe what you said about your grandfather and the possibility of life after death as I have had some funny things happen to me...I won't go into what has happened to me too deeply but I have an ability to see auras and sometimes (very seldomly can pick up on others thoughts...u see I believe our very being is energy and energy cannot be destroyed, it only changes form like clapping our hands turns motion into sound..so on..that energy has to go somewhere no....keeping an open mind to the unseen and heavenly things is a good thing too!! Adam

12. Adman32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry Patric I don't know how to write on your wall nor private message u as this is my first time on this site so I thought I'd just reply...interesting story...sorry about your friend, yes death is a thief... I too am very interested in this area of stuff as I consider it very wise to take into account the future because life is so short, here one day and gone the next. I have learnt alot about scriptures and the bible, but the thing that actually causes me to believe in a place, existence after life is due to things happening to me supernaturally that manefest themselves in the psychical realm...it is a subject I like to talk about..I'll have to chat with u some time about it.. :slight_smile:

13. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Adman32, I agree. I think we don't fully understand what physical reality is, let alone consciousness. In addition to the event I described I've also had premonitions and very unlikely but true intuition, and I think these are examples of connectedness beyond the physical realm. I don't need proof to believe that there's more than what we see, it's just there as another layer of our existence.

Patrick

14. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm Wiccan and absolutely know in my soul that when we shrug off this mortal coil, we are reincarnated into our next life.

15. Soshiyaki

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to be hardcore religious and believed that right after death, people would go to heaven. Do I still have the same beliefs now? Nah. But you know what would be cool? If after we die, we become a star in space. There are more than 100 billion stars out there and you know, I'd be fine with floating around and living as a gas giant or something. lol..

16. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The same things that happened before death!

Actually, a part of me thinks I "should" believe in Heaven and Hell, but the other says it would be arrogant to say with certainty that I know what would happen next. Either way, I think we shouldn't waste this life and live to the best of our abilities.

17. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If as an LGBT person you're troubled over the dominance of heaven/hell theology in Western religion, look into the origins of these ideas. I definitely do not believe in these as they are traditionally defined because they come from older belief systems. I did a Google search on the keywords "origins of Christian heaven and hell" and got a reasonable sample of articles and websites. Before taking in the abuse of a religious zealot and making it internalized homophobia, get familiar with where they got their beliefs and you'll see that no one has a monopoly on the truth.

Myself, I see heaven and hell as representative of states of mind. A heavenly state of mind is connection to others, forgiveness, generosity, and grace. A hellish state of mind is selfishness, greed, and attachment to the things before people. While these don't differ much from a boiled down Christian view, they also don't "require" a specific theology or belief system. The root of the idea is to be connected to others to have the best of life and what's available to you, which today we regard as fairly common sense.

That being said, I do believe that we are part of something deeper and more mysterious than what we see everyday. I believe our consciousness is "plugged in" to something deeper, eternal, and all-encompassing of the universe. This is where a scientist might speculate on the existence of the Multiverse, or parallel realities. If you consider what this modern theory of reality implies, it could have interesting reaches into how we see ourselves as conscious beings. Not that I would even pretend to really understand, but it's fun to wonder from a layman's perspective.

But for any LGBT person, I would research the origins of the ideas of heaven and hell, and if you've been subjected to religious abuse, approach the topic academically to diffuse some of its potential power over you. Then of course, pick up the interesting bits to form your own beliefs. I would not discard the spiritual simply because someone "smarter than you" told you that you're not fit.

Patrick

18. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes I do. I believe in other dimensions/ worlds and also spirits. However, if everything simply ends, I'm fine with that. I've never believed in Heaven and Hell though.

19. Twist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe in reincarnation and the carrying of karma from one life to the next.

20. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    No. I used to believe there would be something along the lines of Heaven and Hell, though.