1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Former Colorado State Rep claims homosexuals are demonically possessed recruiters

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BostonStranger, May 27, 2017.

1. BostonStranger

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Former Colorado State Representative Gordon Klingenschmitt (R) went on a full out homophobic rant on his show this week after a Catholic school in Canada cancelled a number of student performances which were supposed to cover issues such as gender identity.
    He claimed homosexuals are demonically possessed by the devil to make children choose gender confusion.

I don't know what's more worrying, the fact that people actually gave him a PhD and elected him to such a high office or that he has his own show in which he can freely spread his hateful messages.

Here's a link to the short article and video:
    http://www.democratizeus.com/2017/0...-against-the-demonized-homosexuals-watch-here

#1 BostonStranger, May 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2017
  2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's actually a somewhat common belief in small town America, sadly.

3. RedTrekkie95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I understand to some extent where the school's decision to cancel the shows came from; some believe that there should be gender awareness but it shouldn't be promoted in schools.

However, Mr. Klingenschmitt's comments are outrageous and I'm surprised that they weren't censored in any way by the media.

---------- Post added 27th May 2017 at 02:32 PM ----------

I understand to some extent where the school's decision to cancel the shows came from; some believe that there should be gender awareness but it shouldn't be promoted in schools.

However, Mr. Klingenschmitt's comments are outrageous and I'm surprised that they weren't censored in any way by the media.

4. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What censorship? He's an American. You can say almost any outrageous and stupid thing you want. In most of the US media, the more outrageous it is the more coverage you'll get.

Sadly, like Browncoat said, his statements are a pretty common belief among the religious right wing, predominately in rural and small town U.S. I grew up having to listen to such crap on a regular basis :frowning2:

5. BostonStranger

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Over here people are generally very progressive, but we do have an ultra conservative bible belt. Luckily they don't get any media attention. I think everybody here agrees that LGBT people are off limits, racism and misogyny on the other hand... My grandma went on holiday there once and got berated for wearing trousers.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not better, but Ben Carson (who ran for President) is a neurosurgeon and firmly believes that homosexuality is a disease and that evolution is encouraged by Satan. This nonsense is sadly a huge thing in American culture, and it's shameful.

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How radical.

8. Don't you guys love having demons in your soul? They're great friends. Some people have pets like cats and dogs. I have my gay demons.

9. Loves books

It's crazy how people can't except the fact that people are born gay and there is nothing wrong with that. They would prefer to think that we are Possesed by demons. It's kind of like that English politician who blamed the bad weather on God punishing England for legalising gay marriage. He lost his job.

10. AKTodd

Darn - they're onto me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll be honest i'm not surprised. I'm from a small town in Texas and that sort of thing is the norm here. I literally remember my mom talking about how i was depressed and she said, i quote "satan's really got you doesn't he". Granted i was like what fifteen but still. It wish i could find it humorous though. I mean they believe all this otherworldly stuff about satan and god and sin but they can't wrap their head around sexual attraction or a nontraditional gender identity?

12. theskylitup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love the demon in me. He's very comforting.