1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians: Thoughts on Muscley Women?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by AmazonChelsea, Apr 25, 2017.

1. AmazonChelsea

Hey everyone :slight_smile:
    I'm 24 and bicurious. However, I'm 5'8 220 lbs, and compete as a powerlifter. I've always been very big and naturally strong. So, I'm not really sure where I would fall in the lesbian community in terms of being butch, femme etc...
    Also, what kind of women can I expect to attract?

I'm just starting to experiment, so please don't judge!

Attached Files:

#1 AmazonChelsea, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Muscles fall within the "neutral" range to me. I'm not turned on by them but I'm also not really turned off either (unless they are extreme).

I would have assumed you were in the middle of butch/femme- chapstick or soft butch.

3. AmazonChelsea

Interesting. I would have thought that muscles would have been considered a very masculine trait!

4. Really

I think it's more a question of how you feel and the type of energy you exude. Do you want girls who are only attracted to how you look? Personally, I'd be more interested in what you're like as a person. Power lifting is just something you do, right? It might take up a lot of time and effort but you're not one dimensional. Your sense of humour, how you treat others and other fundamental character traits are what matter.

If you feel more butch/masculine, then go for it. If you feel more femme, that's cool, too! Or mix it up. :slight_smile:

5. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yum muscles!!! You don't need to fit in a box of butch and femme. I know the terms still exist but I think they're really outdated.

Personality is most important in my view but there's nothing wrong with great packaging.

You should be able to attract any type of woman you are attracted to. Please don't think that just because you're muscly that only certain women will be attracted. Really is right there's way more to you than power lifting. You're a multi faceted individual.

6. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd hit that...if I lived in L.A.

7. AmazonChelsea

Thanks for the interesting replies! One thing that always turned me off from the lesbian community was the fact that I felt that people always had to be categorized into "butch" "femme" etc...

It's nice to know that I don't have to pick one or the other!

8. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah i don't care for the labels myself and don't use them. I'm me, and i like girls. But there's also tons more to me than just that. Like my obvious Game of Thrones obsession. I guess some girls might find muscles to be a turn off but as far as i'm concerned, its whatever. I respect and somewhat admire a girl whose got the willpower and dedication to look after her body and take care of it, let alone train to be strong.

9. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The thing about muscles... they're actually soft! I say this as an Ironman who dated other such crazy people... they feel good in your arms. And vice-versa. You go girl.

10. OED27x

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like athletic women. There was a woman in my yoga class with the most amazing sinewy muscles. I'm positive she noticed me constantly staring at her.

Thanks for asking the butch/femme question. Seems like lesbians are categorized by those two labels?? And, this is going to sound so fucking stupid but oh well, seems like there is a lot of stereotyping about the butch/femme combo!! Like that is the default thing!

I myself would be considered a 'femme' I guess but I'm attracted to other 'femmes'. Athletic, outdoorsy, feminine women.

11. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always liked muscles however I'm not sure how much of it is envy. I would love a gf who could encourage me to start exercising and building up some strength

12. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'll be completely honest, I'd be a bit intimidated as I'm trans (though I tend to attract lesbians because I'm not going to undergo testosterone and I wouldn't mind if my girlfriend thinks of me as primarily female). It's not so much because you're stronger than me or more muscular than me but just watching you lift weights and outdo guys would leave me in a bit of surprise. That said, if I really liked your personality and got to know you, I'm sure we'd at least be friends. Physical attractiveness (or unattractiveness) only goes so far, you know? If you're amazing, then you're amazing, regardless of what other people think. I, and other LGBT people, would be able to see through to that. We get judged a lot for how we look and dress and behave so I assume we've learned to look past that more than the general population.

PS May I ask you for buffing up advice?

13. Hitomi

To me the most important thing is the personality!
    Though muscles would not be a turn-off for me I think. They would make me feel protected, which I like.

As for labels, don't limit yourself to one label just because it is what most people know. You don't have to fit inside a box, you don't even need to have a label! Some people just feel comfortable having one and that's more than fine, but it is not required. Don't label yourself because you feel you have to. At the end of the day you are you. And you are unique! :slight_smile:

14. AmazonChelsea

I'd be happy to give you advice!
    Interesting to find out that my physique can be so intimidating. I guess I could see it.

15. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a puny little peep any advice you could give me on getting stronger would be greatly appreciated (think it would really help boost my self confidence)

16. AmazonChelsea

For someone that's naturally very small, I'd recommend eating as much and as often as you can, and lifting as heavy as possible!

Hard work, discipline, and some scientific research will help you so build some muscle.

But in the end, don't depend on your body for confidence!

17. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, that is not my type, sorry but mostly what i look in a girl is the personality and how sweet she could be with me.
    U could be in the middle, soft butch, guess.
    It is new see a girl like that lol.

18. PanHedon

Drop dead gorgeous girl!! Can I ask you about your total and best lifts??

19. Brigianna

I also think it's a matter of taste. Some will be attracted to you by your muscles, some not. It's what happens with all of us. We all just like different things

I can only admire your muscles because I can't grow any :slight_smile: I'm not into muscle growing or anything. It's just amazing how different we all are :slight_smile:
    We should be proud of ourselves, all of us.

It's so difficult to learn to love ourselves in the society we live in with so many fake standards.

20. AmazonChelsea

Thanks! I've been training for three straight years!
    Bench - 260 (I know, I know)
    Deadlift - 420
    Leg press - 1500
    Squat - I haven't squatted in about a year, because I injured my knee!