1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bone to pick with the lgbt community

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lielifelie, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly. Same as I said earlier about race.
    Yeah, like, I don't want to date people who put that on their profile, but they can put it there if they want, doesn't hurt me.

2. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not racist to have preferences. I'm mixed race, you honestly think I'm attracted to every single racial group that makes me up as well as the others that don't? No. Do my preferences signify the belief of racial superiority over other racial groups I have zero preference for? No. I'm also only attracted to people who are much older than me, does this make me ageist? No. It would only be racist if they were claiming racial superiority or were using derogatory remarks. Like saying they won't date (n-word). And, yes. I do know that people are individuals, that goes without saying. However, I can't help who I am attracted to. No one can. What's actually tearing up the LGBT community is actual racism (belief in racial superiority over other races), anti-bisexual/transsexual/heterosexual/cisgender, and SJW ideology.

3. CameOutSwinging

I also think there's a certain amount of assumption that someone who will date a different race from their own isn't racist, and that isn't always true either. I know an African American woman who dated a white man for a short time and it was very clear that he had some racist beliefs. I won't go as far to say that he was playing out some sort of dominating fantasy by dating an African American woman, but there was something very uncomfortable about the whole thing.

4. bluesunlight

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Many people can be racist towards a particular ethnicity and still be attracted to people of that race. They just fetishize people of that particular race, and see them as sex objects. This has been done throughout American history by white men with women of African descent. I also see the same phenomenon with some white men referencing "BBC" and such. It's been commonplace for white people to view people of African descent as hypersexual - and that causes many white people to fetishize and objectify them in return.

#64 bluesunlight, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In a perfect world, we wouldn't have to choose between being with someone and having the support of our family. In this case, I'd say it would be like someone dating someone of the same-sex (or bisexual, trans, whatever), but only behind their family's back. Would you settle? I wouldn't. It says that they value what their family thinks, while at the same time wanting to have their cake and eat it.

Yeah, no. I totally get this. Like someone else said, sometimes it involves fetishes. In some ways, this is even worse, since it can do more personal harm to a person, and work in more subtle ways. Of course, someone who is open to dating x race today might be the opposite tomorrow.

6. Simple Thoughts

The world has never been a perfect place, and probably never will be.

I wouldn't care, to be honest. I'm not dating their family and if they have homophobic jerks for parents why on earth would I want anything to do with that? We'd both be better off forgetting about them completely. Is there anything to gain from being in a room full of people who hate your guts? I can't imagine why anyone would want that at all, it just sounds unpleasant altogether.