1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you guys think of "SJWs"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Random Ross 1, Mar 20, 2017.

1. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like them at all. The stuff they do is is just ridiculous like safe spaces and anything they made. Apparently there's a YouTuber (I forgot their name) and they believe that all white people are racist and wants to destroy the gender binary like okay *sprays bug spray at SJW*

#21 MaoKingofcats, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  2. Cocolo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm just curious if any of you would consider people like MLK Jr or the Freedom Riders SJWs? Or are they different? Better, the same or worse and why?

3. SrFrancium

Being too liberal is just as annoying as being too conservative .

4. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They had real problems. Sure, people have real problems today, but we aren't paying any attention to them. Instead of focusing on how some Americans are starving, or may not get to go to school because their parents are bad and they have to take care of siblings, we are yelling about a non-existent pay gap(trust me, that's been debunked, but if you really don't believe me I can link to some videos debunking it), the triggers for a small ass number of people(such as how clapping is now not pc because it may trigger some people, when that is extremely specific and only triggers some people, and you can't protect everyone with such specific triggers anyway), and calling unhealthy habits beautiful, so overweight people don't feel bad(for the record, I'm not for fat shaming, it's dumb to make someone feel bad for being fat. But saying it's not healthy is not offensive, because it's simply the truth, and not everyone will find you beautiful if you are overweight. In fact, not everyone will find you beautiful no matter who you are.)

Basically, SJW's are just screaming to feel empowered about issues that are easy to scream about. Activists do something about something that matters.

5. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Progressive, more like regressive. SJWs seem to have this constant war on freedom of speech. I also think this whole "triggering" and "safe spaces" are ridiculous

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think they generally make legitimate issues look frivolous by nitpicking.

7. KYSS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I said this in another post but yes, they are way out of hand and are the most toxic shit you can find on the internet.
    They are everything that people said in this thread hateful, prepotent, invasive, trying to police you in order to defend smaller minorities than yourself (if that make sense) i.e I'm bisexual so they will defend my honor standing up against say... straight people but... If were to say something to a black trans woman then I'm screwed.
    Since they prioritize their minorities in a rank system.
    I used to get mad at them because of the hateful speech they spread "representing us" and all the negativity but now I understand that beneath that warrior surface there's someone who hate themselves and can only feel better playing the holier than thou card. So they can stroke their wounded and almost inexistent ego.

8. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, I'm confused with everyone's gripes about "safe spaces". As a person that goes to a school where teachers put signs on their doors that read "LGBT safe space" I don't understand what's wrong with them. I am not very well-versed on the SJW issue because there are so many opinions on them out there and not enough facts, so I don't know what their definition of a "safe space" is. I think it's good to have "safe spaces" for LGBTQ+ people especially in schools so that they know they are accepted and safe but I don't know what that term means to a SJW.

9. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Better. They wanted to include people in their movements. They appreciated freedom of speech and didn't take an absolutist approach when they disagreed with someone. Once they won their rights they didn't use it as an opportunity to browbeat their opponents.

These SJW toadies only seem to want to have something to hold over someone's head. The second you step out of line with their notion of acceptable expression they drop the hammer. If there is any organization to this group I can't imagine that it will last because eventually every group will have internal disagreements. They don't have the finesse or social skill to work together.

10. Linkmaste

That's a legitimate safe space. Somewhere they it is known that you can turn to without them rating you out or outing you or trying to harm you.

What the problem is that there needs to be a 'safe space' for people who are so offended from other peoples 'OPINIONS'.

To me its the position of power. Teachers and businesses hold more power than say one individual's personal opinion.

YES WHO EVER SAID THERE WAS A HIERARCHY OF MINORITY HAS GOT IT RIGHT ON THE MONEY! Thank you!

11. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They're part of the reason why so many Americans came together to vote for Donald J. Trump. These people are absolutely batshit crazy. It's scary.

---------- Post added 28th Mar 2017 at 12:58 AM ----------

Is it that Gazi Koto (?) guy aka 'Black Hitler'?

12. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's okay to have a few safe spaces, but the purpose of them is to prevent hate speech. The problem I have with this, is, preventing hate speech is against freedom of speech. For example, saying that you hate, say, trans people, for example, may be considered hate speech. But, you can hate them if you want. You can hate whoever you want. If you do hate someone for something they can't help, though, I will think you are stupid, and not support your views at all. I may even try to change your mind. But, I think you should be allowed to have such views. I think you should be allowed to have any views you want, and voice them, so long as you don't go telling people to hurt other people.
    However, in a safe space, having this kind of view would be offensive and not allowed. And the list of things people consider offensive is always growing. And this is why I want most of my campus to not be a safe space. But I do think it's okay to have a few safe spaces here and there, for those who do want to be there for a little while. There is nothing wrong with wanting to get away from offensive opinions for a while. But most the world is not like that, and I don't want it to be. I want most the world to not be censored. And I want most of my school to not be censored. How am I supposed to learn anything otherwise?

#32 Assassin'sKat, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  13. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure really what a SJW is but I mich prefer far left liberals to far right conservatives. I'd much rather be surrounded by over sensitive people than people who don't care about others. At least SJWs are on our side even if it can be problematic. The other side literally wants to take away our rights. No thank you.

Side note I don't see myself as a SJW but I don't have any love for Tr*mp voters and I think I have every right to feel that way.

14. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They're not necessarily on our side though. They can be very homophobic to people in our community, even if they are far left.

For example, as a lesbian I've had bisexual SJW's tell me that It's problematic for me to not be attracted to men- that sexuality is supposed to be fluid and that I'm just being shallow. That they're more progressive and more enlightened. That I should give men a chance. It's the same bullcrap I hear from far right conservatives.

On the trans side, I've been shamed for talking about biological female problems as if it excludes trans women. I'm not excluding them from the LGBT community, but sometimes my own anatomy is what leads to my oppression based on gender on sexuality. It's unfair to force me to censor my speech just because not all women have vaginas (especially if you don't censor the speech of people taking about their penises- not all women have penises either, and vagina-having women can still be oppressed by the basis of their sex and lesbianism as well due to patriarchy. Can we not support everyone, please?).

Or if I admit to "loving vaginas" and not liking penises that much, It's labeled as transphobic and gets my speech censored. Sure, I get it. Some women have penises, but I'm not attracted to them at all regardless of what gender you are. Though to be fair, I also wouldn't date cis women that like strap-ons and toys because all phallic objects turn me off regardless of the material.

Now, I understand why trans people are offended by this, and this alone doesn't bother me. What does bother me is that I see FAR more gay men complaining that vaginas are disgusting and saying worse things about them- yet SJW's never complain about this being "transphobic". They also don't complain about straight people being grossed out about same-sex genitals. They're only starting a witch hunt against lesbians who dislike penises, which is no different than the misogynistic and patriarchal views that lesbians have to face in our society on a daily basis.

I personally grow tired of it. I feel LESS safe being out to a SJW than to a far right conservative. SJW's give me rape and death threats for not liking penises, while conservatives have never been as nasty.

And I'm sure some bi and trans people receive hate from SJW's too, but I'm not part of those groups so I can't talk about their experiences.

15. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Those are good points. I do see what you mean and I've been annoyed by some of that too. Yikes I'm sorry about the rape threats. I guess I've never really experienced real life SJWs (the hardcore ones you are talking about). It's always been on Tumblr and I've done a pretty good job of avoiding them. I have experienced sexist gay men but those are not SJWs.

16. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I think I outed myself as a conservative on a number of topics. My point must be quite clear :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I think it's a mental illness, really.

Once been attacked by about 20 if them, we didn't speak a word but they recognized me because I dared to wear a decent shirt.
    Made it without being hurt, it was still scary af.

---------- Post added 28th Mar 2017 at 05:12 PM ----------

But, I need to add that: I felt it has increased LGBT accepentance among the right. They're actually very happy if someone is only gay or trans and never mention it again, because attack helicopters and alien people took that place.

17. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Define "be allowed". People should "be allowed" to be racist, no? But can I, as a teacher, start spouting racist opinions in front of my high school class? Should that "be allowed"? Or are there certain boundaries we draw contingent on environment, such as a workplace, not to mention one of education?

Should people "be allowed" to form their own clubs and organizations and set the rules for these organizations? Should an LGBT club on campus "be allowed" to say they have a rule that there be no anti-LGBT abuse in that group? Should they admit anti-gay protesters into that group to talk about the perversion of society caused by LGBT people? Should a Christian club on campus admit angry anti-theists who think Christianity is for unenlightened rubes who can't think for themselves?

"Free speech" does not mean that you can say whatever you want whenever you want with no consequences. Speech is not unlimited. There is no guarantee in the Constitution that speech is unlimited. This is a common misunderstanding of so-called "free speech advocates". Free speech is a protection from government intervention on the basis of your speech. It does not mean that private organizations cannot set their own rules about what kind of speech is or isn't allowed within their premises. This very site is a safe space, and for example, those who hate trans people are not allowed to join this site; they would be banned for expressing such an opinion.

For the most part, the original concept of "safe space" was something like an LGBT club or an on-campus religious organization or a psychiatrist's office. A place where you can share your grievances, opinions, or experiences knowing you would not suffer abuse from those whose position is hostile to your own. These types of "safe spaces" are a marked difference from the concept of a "dissent-free" college environment which amounts to nothing short of academic censorship.

18. Eyerene

I wouldn't call them the "far left" per say, more like the delusional left. They've spiraled so far into their own thoughts and ideas in the echo chamber of their own tight-knit internet groups that they've become entitled and accusatory. Keeping score of who is "the most 'woke'" about issues, failing to realize that they themselves have started to become more of a block to their own progress than their own ideological enemies. Anyone who is against liberal or other left causes can look at them and say, "See! All leftists are delusional!" And almost all SJWs start out as well meaning activists who just want to help, too...

It's a modern tragedy, really.

19. Bane

Winnipeg, Canada (aka temporary paradise)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not to be too mean or anything, I think they are a bunch of clowns. Especially those on the extreme side

20. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Generally I'd say problematic as such people spread misinformation, get riled up at the wrong targets, and end up pushing otherwise legitimate causes to where they are no longer taken seriously. Despite this, they still often turn a blind eye to religions that cause the problems they supposedly despise.

I'd say notably less of a threat than the evangelicals and neo-Nazis who want to downright arrest, rape and kill us, but still a crowd I'd much prefer to avoid if I can. It's sort of like their "heart" is in the right place, yet the mind is clouded and confused.