1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Books

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by geekyboy18, Feb 3, 2017.

1. geekyboy18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, what is everyone's favourite books or book series. My favourite books are the Harry Potter books and the His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman. I also like the Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn.

2. musicboy123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is a very tough one!!! Mine would probably be "On The Road" by Jack Kerouac or... Oh this is too hard... I have no clue!!!!:lol::lol:

3. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
    Dystopian, sometime-in-the-future-but-could-be-tomorrow story following a woman who has been classed as breeding stock by the new government. Heavy political-religious themes.
    Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden
    Set in WWI, follows 2 boys and the one's aunt through their lives. Boyden is First Nations Canadian and all his characters are as well.
    The Island of Dr. Moreau by HG Wells
    Classic Wells, so dark af. Great horror novella about a mad scientist on a deserted island.
    The Lioness Quartet series by Tamora Pierce
    A 4 book series about a Gifted (magical) girl becoming a knight and going on adventures! It's seriously amazing.

4. rudysteiner

East of Eden, by John Steinbeck;

Siddhartha, by Herman Hesse;

Norwegian Wood, by Haruki Murakami.

I'd list The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini here, too, but since I've had to write about it for coursework, I've started to appreciate it a little less and can't enjoy it for what it is at the minute. :icon_sad:

5. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Harry Potter, definitely!

But then there is this amazing Fantasy book, I really want the world to know, because it's so... amazing xD

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. You should definitely start to read it <3

6. geekyboy18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    High five for Harry Potter. And, I like fantasy books, so maybe I will give it a read.

7. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Yes! You have great taste :eusa_clap

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones is one of the best books I've ever read along with...

Favourite fiction book: The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett (All of the Tiffany Aching novels are amazing though)

Favourite non-fiction book: H is for Hawk by Helen Mcdonald. Not only beautiful but helped me understand grief, loss, being gay and T. H. White a lot better.