1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Was 2016 For You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Jan 8, 2017.

?

How Was 2016 For You?

1. 1 - Worst Year Ever

11.8%
  2. 2

5.9%
  3. 3

15.7%
  4. 4

17.6%
  5. 5 - Average

12.7%
  6. 6

7.8%
  7. 7

8.8%
  8. 8

6.9%
  9. 9

11.8%
  10. 10 - Best Year Ever

1.0%
  1. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. What was the biggest change in your life this year?
    - I graduated!!!! That moment of transition from being a student to being unemployed is so fucking depressing. Plus I dont get student discount anymore :dry:

2. What did you do over the summer?
    - Summer... I was doing nothing but being depressed, playing LoL, flirting,and job hunting.

3. How were relationships with boyfriends/girlfriends?
    - 2016 is the year where I met my boyfriend. At first it was really hard since we only get to see each other online but then later on we kinda got used to it and just do stuffs to make us forget that we are thousands of miles away.

4. What news story sticks in your mind the most from 2016?
    - Donald Trump won WTF AMERICA

5. Favourite song from the year?
    - It was an old song but I was listening to it a lot this year. It is Radio/Video by SOAD

6. Favourite artist this year?
    - Lady Gaga for sure

7. Did you make any new years resolutions and if so, did you stick to them?
    - I dont rememberrrr!

8. What are you most proud of personally this year (i.e.- something you have done)?
    - Graduated and got a job

9. Who are you most proud of (can be a famous or non- famous person)?
    - Its my bestfriend. He graduated college.I dont know but he might be a cum Laude

10. Did you have to learn any hard life lessons in the past 12 months?
    - I should think about myself too. I should also learn how to value money and learn how to save up.

11. Have you had any life-changing experiences in 2016?
    - Probably graduating and having a job. Adult world is boring.

12. Did you do anything you never thought you would do?
    - Yeah... But its best unsaid here in EC :wink:

13. Did you gain any new qualifications?
    - Got my Multimedia Arts degree and gained some experience in the gaming industry.

14. What is your happiest memory from the year?
    - Asked his to be my boyfriend and he said YES <3

15. What was your most stupid incident?
    - Suicide attempt. STUPID

16. What things do you appreciate most in your life at the moment?
    - Right now, I really appreciate my time with my boyfriend. I sound clingy, yes, but he's the only person that knows who I really am and there's no one else know me the way he do. I am myself when talking to him.

17. What are/were your plans for xmas/ new year?
    - International exchange gift with my boyfriend :grin: But mine already got there with him and he opened it already while his gift is still delivering :lol:

18. Are you making any new years resolutions for 2017? What do you hope will be different?
    - YES! I want my boardgame to be published. I want to save up money. And I want to have abs LOL

19. How do you rate 2016 on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best)?
    - I voted 7 on the poll. It was a "not so good not so bad but when you think deeper it becomes really really awful but sometimes when it also is really great i dont know maybe its a bipolar" year for me.

20. Will you still be on EC this time next year?
    - I wasnt that active here on 2016, I want to be more active this 2017 :slight_smile:

2. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Starting university. It's the last step before I can finally start my life for real. However, it's not as different as I would have expected. Cegep is great for preparing you for it. High school was no walk in the park either, so I was already used to heavy work load.

I moved. I frankly don't like my new city, but it's temporary. I started to plan a webcomic, also. That's something.

Had a crush this year. Didn't last long. I learned more about him, and then I realized it would never work.

Probably the Orlando shooting. That was terrible :frowning2:

I have nothing that really stands out to me. I don't listen to the radio anymore, so I'm not really exposed to new songs.

I don't know either. I can barely name a favorite artist either way.

Well, I didn't truly make any, but I set some goals. I told myself I would get my novel published: I didn't (I added 10 000 words in it and corrected it, but I didn't send it anywhere). I told myself I'd finish my short story: I didn't (I wrote two new chapters, but I didn't finish). I told myself I'd do the first chapter of a webcomic I want to make: I did (I worked on it whenever I could between August and December. I wanted to meet at least one goal)

8. What are you most proud of personally this year (i.e.- something you have done)?
    How I got back up after failling miserably at my online translation course. I met the teacher to know what I did wrong, and it was the slap in the face I needed (not a literal slap, mind you). I went from getting 40-60% to 80-85% in the course. I bet the teacher was impressed too.

I don't really know.

Not any new ones that I can think of.

It's the first time I've been surrounded with English and I had to adapt to that. It's still hard, but I manage.

I asked my then-crush's contact information D:

I graduated from Cegep, so whatever this gives me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My final project of Cegep. We worked so hard on it from February to April. The end result was really amazing. It was a trilingual presentation (English-German-Spanish. No French allowed) of 45 minutes in group about artists. I had a lot of fun doing it. I talked about Fauvism, so we were all wearing really flashy clothes x)

I almost got hit by a car? I don't know. I seem to do that often, because biking is freaking dangerous nowadays.

My friends, even if they are not near me right now. I know I can always talk to them about anything, really. I can't say the same for my family.

I went back to see my family, especially my grandmother. She doesn't have many years left.

18. Are you making any new years resolutions for 2017? What do you hope will be different?
    I'm taking back the goals I failed in 2016, mainly about the novel and short-story. I'll put it on my fridge so I don't forget to work on them. Apart from that, I want to finish chapter 2 of my webcomic that I'm planning. Then, I want a job this summer and I'd also like to pick some sports like swimming and ice skating.

19. How do you rate 2016 on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best)?
    6. Nothing exeptional, but I have some fond memories.

I've been here for long enough. I don't see why I'd leave now. I love this forum.

3. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I became a stronger person, in that I could be clear on what I wanted to do, and stand up for myself when things are unfair.

Got four teeth taken out and braces. Haha.

Nonexistent as always.

Brexit. I woke up really early to watch the results come in, and laugh as Remain's dreams were all but crushed. I had never felt more patriotic. That day was Sports Day, so my parents let me stay off school to study and sing Rule Britannia at the top of my lungs.

I don't keep up with what music comes out this year.

See above.

I made a resolution to visit the local Indian restaurant, which I'm doing this Friday!

Taken my Maths GCSE mocks a year early. Hopefully that means I can get my qualification early as well.

Myself, if that counts.

I learnt that things are often too good to be true.

Nothing I'd call life-changing.

Can't think of anything.

Yes, something called the ECDL. It's a computer thing.

Christmas Day. It was really fun that year.

I did so well pretty embarrassing stuff, so I couldn't just pick one.

My family, my friends and my education.

On Christmas I opened some presents, hung out with my cousins, all the usual stuff. I don't celebrate the new year as such.

I made one that I said earlier. I hope that the British people can unite and let the freedom fighters take the lead in the future of our nation.

Eight. Some great stuff happened, and nothing terrible happened to me. Overall, I think it was a pretty exciting year and I loved watching the world change and the establishment come unstuck.

Of course I will.

4. SunbroIbex

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Started it with some depression since my life seemed to go nowhere.
    But started working in a kindergarten at the end of March. Worked there for 6 months, and loved it.
    But decided to try some other kinds of jobs for the last 6 months of the program I was in, to see if there was anything else I could enjoy, in case it'll be hard to get work in kindergarten again. With all the predator cases in this city last year, it has become harder for men to get a job in a kindergarten.
    For the last 3 months I've worked in a job I haven't liked, so in december I couldn't be bothered to show up.
    Now I'll be working in a canteen. Make food and sell it. Starting on Thursday.
    Well anyway, that's now, not 2016.

Back to 2016.
    Most of it was good, was some negative shit in it unfortunatly.
    The bowling season was mostly alright.
    The team I play on is 4th among 10 teams.
    Next match is against team 2 in the club, and they need to win it. BUT, we won't play shitty on purpose, so they better step up their game if they want to win. I played pretty good yeasterday.

I hope 2017 will turn into a better year. Got plans to get an education, and I might get a job in a kindergarten again. As a sub.

5. Glowing Eyes

Having a great first semester at school for the first time in the second half
    Visit friends and family in Germany and Turkey
    None
    Th election of Donald Trump
    [YOUTUBE]UMVPQIs94wI[/YOUTUBE]
    :lol:
    Actually... (sorry for the vagueness) but too many to pick from
    Idk as this year has been catch-up on quite a bit of stuff from the years behind and thus I can't comment on for what came out this year
    I guess, Irrational Games (I know the studio has been winded down) as I played the BioShock games this year which have been possibly some of the most influential fiction on me personally in terms of my storytelling and the like
    I did last year but can't remember
    The first semester of 10th grade
    Myself for 10th grade and my German teacher for putting up with the crazy class :slight_smile:lol:slight_smile:
    The 2nd semester of 9th grade was awful
    I have started writing stories that I don't instantly discard and actually take pride in
    First semester of 10th grade
    My social skills improved a little and my self-confidence due to my grades

My public rage outbreaks in the 2nd semester of 9th grade
    That I am finally passionate about myself and my stories
    Just stay at home and play a bunch of new (short) video games and go hiking with my dad
    To go further with my social life
    For me: 1st half 3/10 2nd half9.5/10(I gues nothing's perfect
    For the rest of the world: 2/10
    Possibly not but I hope to though I've seen some annoying trends appearing on here that just give me an uncontrollable disdain for online forums

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2017 at 07:13 PM ----------

Oh, my happiest memory was laughing and talking with some kids in my literature class like the people I envy most.

6. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I’ve got to say, 2016 was a rather stable year for me. A whole load of nothing happened in my personal life. I guess, preparing for Uni/ going to University open days. No real “big change”. I changed my hair parting but that’s about as thrilling as it gets. XD

I turned 17. If I remember correctly, I may have gone to a holiday park. Summer seems like such a long time ago, it’s weird. Admittedly, I’m drawing blanks on some of these questions- makes me wonder if I was just sleep-walking through 2016. Seriously brain, what’s up with that?

Still non-existent.

Definitely the Orlando Pulse shooting, and some of the disgusting comments I’ve seen by others on the subject. Also, Brexit. Oh, and don’t forget Donald Trump becoming president in the United States, oh and Theresa May becoming Prime Minster in the UK after David Cameron quitting when it was found his opinion to remain was smaller than the vote to leave. And the Truck attack in Berlin at the very end of 2016. Oh, and all the celebrity deaths. Damn, 2016 was certainly one big year for news.

Heathens- Twenty One Pilots

6. Favourite artist this year?[/B]

Twenty One Pilots

7. Did you make any new years’ resolutions and if so, did you stick to them?

“To get up earlier, go to bed earlier, be more productive and to have more fun. Just generally trying to improve my mood and enjoy the little things in life more”.

Yeah… I didn’t stick to any of these. XD I guess I had a tad more fun.

I guess opening up more and becoming slightly more confident.

I can’t think of anyone really. No one comes to mind.

Define “hard”. I feel like I have become slightly more sceptical due to 2016.

No.

I took part in Karaoke and went to a gaming event.

An overall pass grade for the first year of my course.

Having fun at the gaming event doing Karaoke, and beating my friends at Street Fighter. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m sure I did plenty of stupid things last year, and will continue to do so. :eusa_doh:

Right now, I appreciate my friends and family. I do long for something interesting to happen though, I’m so bored.

Well, I did have plans for the new year- but they cancelled on me because they were only allowed a certain amount of people, and plus me being a girl their family were probably worried something was gonna happen since from my understanding I don’t think they tend to have girls over. Of course, it wouldn’t have done (for obvious reasons) but I can understand this concern. Plus, the person who invited me admitted they had crush on me and kept flirting with me even when I told them I was gay and showed my disinterest.

They eventually got over it, but none the less hanging around with them drunk might’ve been awkward, it was probably best I didn’t go to that party. Anyway, I spent Christmas and New year with my family, quiet night in as usual.

18. Are you making any new years’ resolutions for 2017? What do you hope will be different?

I think I might just give up on resolutions altogether, so no. Unless having a resolution to not make resolutions counts. Ha. The irony. :grin:

I gave it a rating of 4 out of 10.

Probably. (!)

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow still nobody has said 2016 was the best year ever.

8. Embi

Embi Guest

I moved to another city and lived without my parents for the first time.

I applied for various universities and tried to enjoy not having to go to school ever again while having an existential crisis.

I was in a very brief long distance relationship, so not very good. Still better than every year before though :lol:

The Orlando shooting :icon_sad:

As if I could pick only one.

I don't have one.

No.

I told my family and friends about my depression and started to talk about a tiny amount of my problems and feelings.

Nobody.

Way too many.

Yes, a lot!

Yes.

I graduated from High School and got my Abitur, so yes.

Graduating from High School with good grades.

Moving to another city where I didn't know anyone while suffering from depression, which I didn't tell anyone.

My parents :love:

Like every year: Christmas with my close family and New Years Eve sleepover with friends.

I am not a person that makes new years resolutions but I want to start treating myself and other people better. I also hope I will manage to sort my life out.

1. Worst year of my life and in general.

I don't know, probably? I can't predict the future.

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Still no one has said 2016 was the best year ever.

10. adrenaline

i found the love of my life

spend a lot of time with my gf

great/worst/best/sad/amazing/horny/lusty/REAL

probably Trump

couldn't say just one, so i'll name some groups: My Chemical Romance, Bring me the Horizon, From Ashes to New, Florence and the Machine, Of Monsters and Men...

idk ;c

not really, i'm kind of and overthinker, so i thought of these things many years ago, now i just rethink them, but it's difficult to think of smth new, cuz i really think a lot..

nothing actually, i became worse version of myself than i wanted...

no one actually

no matter anything, you must always count only on yourself the most...

lots of sex..

i fell in love..

from school to university

the 9th of february

i wanted to hug my girlfriend and we fell over on the ground ;D

my gf

literally not to die ;D

i never make resolutions, i just for the moment, it's difficult to plan for me..

without a doubt ;s

11. MulticoloredSox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out as trans :slight_smile:

Go on trip round South Africa

No relationships

So many things, orlando, the presidential election...

I can't answer that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

twenty one pilots / alan walker

lol not really

coming out obviously

A friend of mine and my parents

Quite a few things I guess

Well I mean I started socially transitioning which is a pretty big thing to me.

coming out... ( ik again lol)

nope

Don't know

Also don't know

My family and friends

Have a good time with my family

hopefully I won't be as addicted to the internet (it's not been working so well)

5, there were some really bad parts but I also made a lot of progress so I guess it levels out.

Yup!

12. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some family drama

Where to begin?

A+

Brexit OR trump WTF :confused:

I love this happy little number called "Crimson Halls Of Blood" by Thyrane. It's been kicking around for years and I only discovered it last year

"Deathspell Omega" definitely ranks high. Of course there are too many awesome artists to pick from!

I don't make NYRs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The crazy amount of time I've devoted to exercise

Myself

Not really

Not really. The closest thing is I've started feeling more like my old self

Maintaining a fairly regular schedule :confused:

Not really

Bloodborne or Dark Souls III. Or maybe all the knives I've bought last year

Oh, boy, there are so many contenders! Maybe trying to watch Sword Art Online II. I'd rather hammer a three inch nail into my foot than watch anymore of that stupid shit

My physical health

Watch a lot of anime and spend as little time as possible out in the cold

Nope

If A+ is the best and F- is the worst, then I'd give it B-

Dunno

13. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I voted 6 which I guess was better than the 4 last year. I don't expect anyone to care about my responses here but I'll post for reference next year maybe.

Graduating from college probably.

Worked and applied to professional schools.

Meh. It was kinda a tough year :wink:.

Not sure.

Planets of the Universe. Didn't come out this year.

Stevie Nicks. "Discovered" her this year.

No and n/a.

Graduated from college; got into professional school.

Older brother.

Not particularly.

No.

Not really.

I graduated so I guess that counts and started a job...

Hmm not sure.

Don't know.

My guardian angel. Jk. Kinda. I swear some higher power has been aiding me.

Just spend time with family.

No. I need to get over my anxiety and fix some health problems. So I hope to stick to seeing doctors and not ignoring it.

If history suggests anything then yes. I could die in a crazy accident though you never know.

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

A family drama resulted in my becoming financially independent and living outside of home, which was a substantial change, obviously.

The summer at the beginning of 2016, I spent relaxing in Sydney before beginning uni, and the summer at the end of 2016 ended up being partly winter because of travel.

In the beginning of the year, my love life went badly. From September continuing through to now, I've had a really good relationship.

Obviously Trump's election was an unfolding horror throughout the day it occurred and I will remember it for a very long time. But I also remember waking up after surgery to find out that we had a government after a very uncertain week, and while lower-stakes, that stuck with me.

I couldn't choose.

I really got into Glass Animals this year.

I committed to balance taking uni seriously and having fun. That worked, though I don't think the resolution had anything to do with the learning curve of how to be wild and get HDs I went through.

I improved immeasurably as a competitive debater and dropped a lot of the snobbery I held from school.

My father's become so happy in retirement I can't help but feel a really fuzzy sense of pride that he's actually enjoying life, even with the death of his mother.

A few. A lot of them related to having to actually take care with money.

Few seminal moments, but just a really broad sweep of changes. I did feel my identity shift away from feeling Finnish with the death of my grandmother and the realisation that my family life is rapidly moving purely to Australia and away from Europe.

Not really.

Not really a qualification, but for a job I had to get a complete police background check which is pretty helpful to bring to future jobs.

I had a small room party with my best friends after finishing the year and it was just the most emotionally comforting experience.

I passed out in a park and had to go to class at 9am the next morning.

Oddly broad as it is, a few medical incidents and travelling have really made me appreciate being Australian as never before.

I had a quiet Christmas with my mother, her mother and my brother and spent the new year in Europe.

I'm going to take more responsibility with money and really tightly stick to an academic plan.

9 for substantiveness and the fact I've learnt quite a lot, which I put answered on the poll, even though it was emotionally very difficult.

Look, who knows. I left EC for a while but decided it wasn't too much of a waste of time.

15. MewDew

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Realizing that I was bisexual and coming to terms with it!

I took a few fun classes, crushed on a few girls, crushed on a few guys, started to discover my sexuality, spent a lot of time on youtube.

No relationships, I'm not dating yet.

Trump getting elected :frowning2:

It wasn't necessarily written this year, but my favorite song is "Bad Apple" ft. Hatsune Miku

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu

I didn't make any resolutions

I was accepted into my school's honor choir

My friend, the most unathletic person I know, who chose to play sports with me and one of my other friends this year.

Not particularly

I learned that the honor choir that I sing in is going to National ACDA March of 2017- this is the highest honor for a choir in the USA and we will be performing alongside some of the best choirs in the nation and world.

I learned to shoot a bow.

Nope.

Being accepted by the girl I like.

In French class, we were playing a game and I tripped over literally nothing as I ran to the front of the room.

The fact that I am going to perform at National ACDA with some of the best choirs in the world because of the hard work that was put in by my choir director and his previous choirs.

We were going to go to California for Christmas, but we decided not to. On New Year's Eve/Day we went over to a friend's house, where I attacked people with pillows, got shot with a nerf gun, and beat my brother at chess. Twice.

I am not making any resolutions, but I hope to come out to the rest of the people that matter and overcome my depression.

I would rate it as an 8 because I have done some pretty amazing stuff, spent time with my crush, and actually succeeded in basketball, volleyball (ish) and choir. This year would get a rating of 10 if it hadn't been for Trump's election, the fact that for the entirety of last school year I had no friends, and my depression/suicidal thoughts during the beginning of this school year.

Probably

16. starfish

2016 was a rough year for me, mostly due to my bipolar depression. I switched jobs the end of last summer to one that is less stressful so that helps as stress is one of my triggers.

Last August I took a two week trip to New England and Nova Scotia. It was very enjoyable, certainly the highlight of the year.

I don't check in here as often as I used too. Though I'll still check in from time to time in 2017.

17. NoPlaceLikeHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2016 was an AWESOME year! A couple of family issues, but I had a lot of fun and feel like I've really grown as a person.

coming out to myself :slight_smile:

Whitewater Kayaking, moved (Temporarily) to California

non-existent

Trump

not new, but Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Not new, but Imagine dragons and Green Day

I stuck quite well to my resolution to chill out, have fun, and not rush things and it has made my life a million times better.

Making it to state level of the Geography Bee

My sister, for being so damn smart.

There will always be people who are negative assholes and you can't change that.

Living away from my family for a few months when my dad was getting brain surgery made me realize how much they really do mean to me.

Everything I did this year I would never have expected, but I am so grateful my life has taken a turn for the better :slight_smile:

idk what this means but I'm in middle school now :slight_smile: does that count?

swimming in the river with my best friend

I fell asleep on my bike for half a second and crashed really bad

Literally ANYONE who ever took precious time out of their busy lives to make friends with me I thank from the bottom of my heart every day, even if they're not there. Also oxygen. Gotta love oxygen.

I don't make plans. I just do things

I want to live so far in the moment I barely worry about anything

9. I Had an AMAZING time, but the biggest room in the world is the room for improvement. (it's infinite)

yes. Just yes.

18. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I graduated High School and got my first job.

I worked. My old summers were laying around at home all day..I actually enjoyed having something to do over being bored.

Single af lol

I have no idea. I guess all the celebrity deaths..and that little boy that was attacked by an alligator..

No idea...I can really get down to "Sorry" by Justin Bieber, which is slightly embarrassing.

Not sure.

No I didn't, because I know that I can't.

I raised up quite a bit of money for the poor earlier this year. That's the only thing I can look back and say that I've actually done.

My sister got her Masters' this year..so good for her..haha

I don't think I had to learn any lessons that I didn't already know. Back in February a friend of mine got into a car accident with two of his close friends and they all past away, that was just a bizarre..experience for me, that I can see someone on Thursday, perfectly healthy and go to their funeral on Wednesday.

I graduated, got a job...

Not that I can *think* of

A diploma? Does that count as anything haha

All of the good times I had with my friends.

Oh..wow..I feel like there are so many and I've blocked them from my memory.

Everyone surrounding me

Christmas- traditional family dinner New Year- Nothing but I hungout with friends

No lolol

6 or 7

We'll see. Possibly. I go on and off.

19. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1. What was the biggest change in your life this year? I've managed to be more vocal about what ails me and I got a new job this year.

2. What did you do over the summer? Worked and enjoyed spending money again.

3. How were relationships with boyfriends/girlfriends? Nonexistent. More so like a distant dream.

4. What news story sticks in your mind the most from 2016? Trump winning the election and the aftermath of the Orlando night club shooting. It was interesting seeing the nation come together and support one another as people for once.

5. Favourite song from the year? Send My Love by Adelle; it's a powerful song about strength, maturity, and growth from a bad relationship.

6. Favourite artist this year? Didn't really have one; nobody really stood out to me.

7. Did you make any new years resolutions and if so, did you stick to them? I really don't remember.

8. What are you most proud of personally this year (i.e.- something you have done)? I took and am taking the necessary steps into securing my own future.

9. Who are you most proud of (can be a famous or non- famous person)? Janet Jackson, she had a baby at age 50 and she still looks fantastic. Very commendable.

10. Did you have to learn any hard life lessons in the past 12 months? Life is rarely if ever fair.

11. Have you had any life-changing experiences in 2016? Went to my first gay club, it was certainly not what I expected but it was.. an experience.

12. Did you do anything you never thought you would do? Nah, not really.

13. Did you gain any new qualifications? I don't think so.

14. What is your happiest memory from the year? The Halloween season was probably my happiest.

15. What was your most stupid incident? Don't really have one.

16. What things do you appreciate most in your life at the moment? My health and the essentials.

17. What are/were your plans for xmas/ new year? I was going to do Christmas bigger than ever; I was going to get everyone presents and decorate the entire house and everything.

18. Are you making any new years resolutions for 2017? What do you hope will be different? Definitely not as I am not too optimistic for what'll happen over the course of the next four years.

19. How do you rate 2016 on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best)? About a three or four. I had a couple of highlights in the early to mid year, but everything about this year was terrible.

20. Will you still be on EC this time next year? Perhaps.

20. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    -I figured out my gender identity and came out to my parents.

-Literally nothing.

-Trump winning the election or pulse.

-Perhaps "The World is Ugly (but you're beautiful to me)" by My Chemical Romance.

-My Chemical Romance (oops)

-I never really made one tbh.

-Coming out to my parents, even though it didn't end well.

-My best friend for overcoming her transphobia and supporting me.

-My parents won't accept me any time soon.

-Not really, no.

-I joined an all girl's school. I'm an idiot.

-Nope.

-Going to a town carnival with my two best friends.

-Suicide attempt/excessive self harming. Glad I stopped.

-Honestly just being alive.

-Nothing really, just to relax.

-To find ways to compromise with my parents on my identity and self-expression.

-I sure hope so, I joined really recently and already love it.