1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Racist, political hostage attack towards white male

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by DoriaN, Jan 6, 2017.

1. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pretty sure they used a slur against disabled people which makes it a hate crime anyway against disabled people.

2. Stride

Stride Guest

But white males are the mist discriminated against group of all time.

Thats what I learned from the internet anyway.

:rolle::eusa_doh::roflmao:

3. DoriaN

White Lives Matter, white pride.

4. dreamcatcher

Did you seriously say that? Or are you joking? I hope it's a joke...

5. Glowing Eyes

I hope so too.

6. DoriaN

You're making me become concerned.

7. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Why is white pride dangerous? It seems we have only two extremes: Hating ourself or imperialism. It's time we start doing it in a healthy way. I can be proud of my friends without wanting to exterminate the world, why is it so hard?

8. Stride

Stride Guest

Because "white pride" has always been used as a stick to beat minorities with. Same as "straight pride". "Straight pride" is a term used to mean "thank god we're normal and not gay!"

Sorry but historical and societal context does matter.

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2017 at 10:00 AM ----------

Fascists have always appropriated left wing phrases and styles in order to make themselves and their ideology palletable to the wider public.
    Dont be fooled. Its a dangerous place to go.

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2017 at 10:11 AM ----------

[YOUTUBE]04QolIvfQEw[/YOUTUBE]

9. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Nothing is wrong with white pride, in fact white people often take pride in their culture - it´s that you don´t recognize when you are doing that. Take for example St. Patrick´s Day or Oktoberfest, these are not just Irish or German festivals - these are worldwide celebrated festivals that celebrates white culture. When white people take pride in their Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, French, Polish, Latvian, Irish, Lithuanian, English or Swedish ancestry that is white pride. White people can talk in great detail about their ancestry and no one could consider it racist. No one is insinuating that white people should hate themselves.

The problem is that most black people don´t know exactly where they come from so can´t celebrate say for instance their Ivory Coast heritage or their Cameroon heritage because there is a lack of information hence ¨black pride.¨

#29 KyleD, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  10. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's terrible, and it's obviously a hate crime.

11. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Yeah, of course we must consider history. But we must do it in the most effective way. Banning the pride of any majority will lead to envy, hate and eventually crime. We need every group to have their pride while making them get to know each other. I believe that this will do more good than any PC action could.

12. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is part of it, but it's also the fact that "black pride" (the phrase in its use in 20th century America) originated as a way to stand firm in the face of systemic discrimination against black people. There has been no systemic discrimination against white people, hence why the concept of "white pride" is not seen as equal to "black pride". Now, of course some would say that given the progress of society since those days, they are potentially on equal ground. That may be, but one cannot separate them entirely from their historical context. That is why some may continue to react negatively to "white pride", since it is often seen as a thing of spite rather than something that originated out of a sense of frustration with discrimination and a society trying to bring you down. In this way, "white pride" can sometimes seem disingenuous.

I'm "white" in terms of skin color (I prefer to call myself "Mexican vanilla" :wink: ) but my pride is cultural not color-related. I'm proud of my Mexican/European heritage, but pride in the hue of my skin is hard to feel. That's just my personal opinion on this topic--not saying that all must feel this way.

As you say, anthracite, banning it is always the wrong approach. Nothing should be banned thus. But we should look at the motivations behind statements of pride. Is someone saying "black pride" or "white pride" because they're proud of who they are as a person, including the culture of their origin, or is it because they believe their race to be superior or themselves to feel threatened by other races and their sense of pride?

13. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Well said Libertino!

I´m not sure what anthracite means about anything being banned because even white Supremacist groups such as the KKK and Neo Nazi groups are legal.

#33 KyleD, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  14. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I agree to what Libertino said. And as someone who is more of a patriot (which is equally viewed as white pride in america) I don't want to be associated with racists. This is basically what I mean with banned, because some people think can't make a difference between a healthy pride and racism and sometimes act violent.

I think that there are different cultures, but they should be equal and live in peace with each other.

I don't know enough to build an opinion of certain groups, but I fully agree that there should be limits. But I think there is hope that when fewer people are frustrated because they face social consequences when they express pride, people like KKK will find it harder to recruit. I mean, isn't that how they start? I can't believe that they go from door to door like jehova's witnesses in they funny little costumes and ask: "Hey, wanna talk about doing a genocide aganist people of color?"

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. I love being white and am very proud of my heritage just like anyone of any other color should be.

16. cibi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Murica!!! never change !!!

---------- Post added 25th Jan 2017 at 08:20 PM ----------

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I love being white and am very proud of my heritage just like anyone of any other color should be.[/QUOTE]

Lol that made chuckle

17. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The people who did this are trash. There is no excuse to commit such a crime. Trash, I say! That man will be traumatized for the rest of his life, and he doesn't deserve it. I will be seriously disappointed in the justice system if this group of scumbags get off lightly.

---------- Post added 26th Jan 2017 at 12:56 AM ----------

To add to the conversation about white pride, I am all for it. Of course there is still systematic racism against minorities in some cases, but everyone should be allowed to be proud of who they are. Even if you are a white, straight, male, which I guess is what everyone considers the least oppressed group.

18. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think some people are so caught up with the motives in crimes that it sometimes more of a focus than the physical actions themselves. If someone or some group is committing extreme violence against me, I could care less at that moment whether it's because of my sexual orientation, my skin color, my gender, my gender orientation, my religion if I have one, how I dress to conform to my religious beliefs, etc. Statements of hate against a group during a violent assault like this are just a criminals way of justifying their crimes to themselves and others.

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure what to say here. All I know is bias and prejudice and bigotry occurs in all demographics and towards other demographics illustrated by the story and by people commenting here as well.

20. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with everything you've said. Thank you for being bold and speaking your mind. :slight_smile: