1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "Making Friends" Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IceCream, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What?! That's a bullshit trade

2. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know. But I pocketed a shiny rayquaza so I'm okay with it XD

3. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm too old to make new friends...I've locked in my group and it's unlikely to change.

On this site, however, I suppose I'm open to anything. I'm already out of my comfort zone posting here, but then again, my comfort zone is profoundly limited.

CROSSY ROAD, I see you're from Nevada, that's something we have in common. I don't come across many Nevadans on the internet in general.

Anyway, to those who are interested:

My name is Miles, I'm a 25-year-old graduate student from northern Nevada, I'm Hispanic, I study philosophy and English literature, I am deeply interested in religion, ethics, religious history, language history, and current social issues. I'm a frequent debater and player of devil's advocate. I'm socially inept, but I do enjoy a good party with close friends. I feel especially at home out in nature and use every opportunity I can to get outside.

Those are some preliminaries, I'll stop it there before I scare anyone off :grin:

4. JustAZebra

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    *Makes Friends*

5. pd04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Lisa! I love Frasier! Definitely one of my favorite shows. Modern Family is great as well.
    To answer your question, TBH I'm not sure haha. As far as I know the difference is that the BAU helps out with crimes that are on a time crunch or of high status and a profiler studies a criminals behavior for clues to capture them. While a criminal psychologist studies every part of a criminal to know why they do what they do.
    I'm not very far along, only like 3 years in that field so far. I am taking a break from that to become a certified fitness trainer.

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2016 at 09:20 PM ----------

I don't read that genre often either, perhaps I'll read it this year.

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2016 at 09:23 PM ----------

Yeah, it is really fascinating! I love every area of psychology, it was hard for me to choose which field I wanted to go into with it. People are just so interesting!
    It's going to be a while, though, because I'm currently taking a break from school to become a certified fitness trainer.

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2016 at 09:24 PM ----------

Hi friend! :eusa_danc

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2016 at 09:24 PM ----------

Hi friend! :eusa_danc

6. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay, a fellow deep thinker! :grin: Have you read any good books or articles lately?

7. loepis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Never too old to make new friends, Miles. But, I sometimes feel that I am too old to do a lot of stuff especially when I travel.

Hey ho, another socially awkward person. I don't do too well in big group, but I am much better at having a one on one conversation.

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2017 at 06:59 PM ----------

Hello, Zebra! Fun fact, zebra is a black horse with white stripes.

8. Mourning Dove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi I'm mourning dove! I guess this will be my first post so here goes...

I love birds, (if you can't tell by the name) video games, especially those that involve strategy like LoL and total war, though I'm bad at both. I love music especially ska (streetlight manifest, the special ect) mod (the Who, the Jam, small faces) and a variety of punk ( the Clash, Cock Sparrer, BTMI). I'm obsessed with the ancient world, especially Rome, so much so that I'm learning latin. I'm a republican... haha just kidding, I'm just about the complete opposite, I'm a marxist. I plan on either becoming an ornithologist or somthing else idk I got another year of high school left :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2017 at 08:16 AM ----------

Omg someone else who listens to ska! Irl and on the internet I can count almost everyone I met who listens to ska on one hand. Reel big fish was th first concert I ever went to. Are you into the older stuff too, like the special or madness? I sorta stayed In a very narrow lane when it came to ska because between 1983 to the late 90´s there were a lot of cheesy bands out there, but ever ska fan can count on good´ol Streetlight manifest to be freaking amazing.

9. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ha, I actually don't know anybody else that listens to ska outside of the internet. My first ska concert was a Streetlight show, I actually just bought a ticket to one of their upcoming shows. I do indeed listen to older ska and punk.

#109 FrogCAT, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  10. tickabox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've always struggled to make friends, I'm socially awkward at the best times and possibly, no definitely, a little weird the rest of the time.

Anywho... I listen to metal. Love to play games on my PC even though I'm too crap a player to finish even half my games lol. I enjoy sci-fi, I'm not a geek tho. For me it's an escape from reality to wondrous far off places.

11. Hallo...

I'm an awkward duck, small in stature and have a passion for graphic T-shirts... My vocabulary consists half of "dude" "man" and "yall" mixed with random dictionary terms. I love literature and poetry, play the flute (sort of kind of) but don't really listen to music or watch TV.

Uh.
    That's it.

:slight_smile:

12. Cadi04

I have no real friends. loves to walk, swim, and go camping. like retro games and mmo's and live in Canada. Thinking of moving soon and find a new life. im abit of a downer till i can get my life sorted out.

#112 Cadi04, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017
  13. Ashley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hello! my name's ashley (duh), I'm a culinary arts major living in FL and I like playing and listening to music, longboarding, cooking, video games, Netflix, naps and anything caffeinated. Aspiring chef and dog mom. Life has been pretty quiet and dull lately so i'm open to making a ton of new friends :slight_smile:

14. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi,

I'm a psychology major living in Oregon. I enjoy reading, writing, music- particularly singing (everything from a capella to rock), video games, and anime. I also love long nature walks and swimming. I'm shy in person and pretty introverted.

15. choni

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! I'm Kendall. I'm really shy but once you get to know me, I think I'm pretty fun. I love sports and music - those are my two passions. I'm a very big hockey fan. I play volleyball and basketball, as well as sing and play guitar. I'm very pensive and would consider myself an ambivert. Although, I have no social skills whatsoever, and honestly not many friends. But that's just because I'm awkward- I love having friends!

16. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone. gdfrf I want to reply to all of this but there's so many hellos. Hi, I'm Vegeta and I am truly quite awkward.

17. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo I'm Kevin but I'm fine with Kemo as well. I'm also awkward like I suck at making eye to eye contact with someone or it could be shyness. Once you get to know me i show my dorky side and will most likely spam you with memes and such. Anyways what's up?

I guess Ill add my interests. I love cartoons, reading, anime, video games, drawing, singing, and dancing.

#117 MaoKingofcats, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017