1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muslim children being "brainwashed" for jihad & gay's childrens treatment in the West

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, Nov 25, 2016.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    #1 brainwashed, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  2. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Muslim children being "brainwashed" for jihad & gay's childrens treatment in the

Wow that was intense. I can fully answer your question because I don't know the specifics of the Christian's treatment you are referring too. But I will guess that training children to murder against thier will and even to report their parents to be killed is on a whole different level from what I know about conversion therapy. They are both highly abusive though.

---------- Post added 25th Nov 2016 at 09:28 PM ----------

I ment to say "I can't fully answer"

I also can't find the dang edit button

3. Asking

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: Muslim children being "brainwashed" for jihad & gay's childrens treatment in the

If you ask me, it's a huge gap. I think honestly that if you took 2 people who look exactly the same and treat them the same way, with identical parents in identical environments to the last wave, smile and pat, they'd be the same, and that's the mold of those children, but the other isn't really a mold

4. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Interesting conversation which is what I was hoping for.

a) levels and type of "programmed" material cant really be judged.

b) In the West where primarily in the past (and yes even today) , gay kids where / are taught to hate themselves (that's basically what we are talking about here), with some of them killing themselves, thats pretty extreme. (I had a gay friend kill himself because he couldn't take the hurt anymore.)

The link just goes to show you what people can do to kids, the malleability of kids, and the hurt inflicted. I feel these are crimes against humanity, by all parties - Muslims and Christians.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Not that I don't appreciate the information being shared, but you've already accused Hispanic culture of being "macho", and now this? Why the focus on Muslims (and a very specific group, which some might argue aren't "real" Muslims at all)?

6. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Gravechild
    He isn't singleing out Muslims, he's making a comparison between ISIS treatment of children and the practice of extreme Christian groups treatment of children. He is drawing a comparison between two abuseive treatments happening in two different cultures.

Brainwashed
    I respectfully disagree with A. While abuse is a abuse and can never be condoned in any form. I feel that there are different severitys of abuse. I feel that cutting off a child's limbs while making other children watch to terrify them is more severe than, emotional abuse combined with physical abuse that doesn't maim. I don't think there's anymore debate here, we will have to respectfully agree to disagree.

I'm very sorry you lost your friend. I tried to commit suicide when I was young and in an emotionally, physically, and religiously abusive household. I'm sorry that your friend went through that. Don't stop speaking out about your experience, you've helped someone already.

7. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I'm not accusing, I'm stating a fact. Either do a little research or better yet, go to Mexico or some other Latin American country and observe for yourself. Since I live in Arizona, I get to Mexico quite a bit.

Thanks for your reply gravechild.

---------- Post added 26th Nov 2016 at 08:10 PM ----------

I agree. Abuse is sad, but I think it's here to stay for a while. Thanks for the reply.

8. Italyguy

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

No, I think it misses the point. Brainwashing techniques maybe the same if it's to break you down and build you back up for the US Army, ISIS, or to be straight. The content really does matter.

LGBT Muslim youth do need support and I think this kind of comparison only obscures the situation.

9. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

All children should be allowed to grow up free from any sort of religious indoctrination/brainwashing.... I strongly believe that minors should be off limits to those running churches/mosques/temples/synagogues etc. Once they are adults they can make up their own minds whether they want a religion, and if so, which religion they want to subscribe to.

10. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

The world wouldn't have so much conflict if this were the case... Sadly humanity will not allow this anytime soon.

As somebody who was indoctrinated in such a way, and one of the few who managed to break away, I say minds should be free to develop on their own.

11. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

OMG hallelujah! A big non religious hallelujah.

---------- Post added 27th Nov 2016 at 11:05 AM ----------

halfmylife right on. The primary reason for the post is a) to introduce objective thinking, b) to see if there are parallels between how Muslim radicals teach and how Christian radicals teach. There is. It's breaking down a person then molding (building up) them into something else - basically pound square peg into a round hole.